Different scaling on each monitor

Mcinwwl

hi, just of today I expanded my reliable dual Full HD LCD setup with Sync Master 755DF CRT. How cool is that?

Trouble is, Windows 7 cannot have separate DPI for each screen, which leaves me with 1024x768 resolution, else the scale... does not stack up. Is there any external software or hack to enable this feature on Windows 7? setting 1600x1024 would let me align screens much better.

Actual Window Manager and UltraMon don't solve lack of per-monitor DPI handling, I believe that's a system issue that needs OS level support since system components play a role in how they render GUI, send window messages to applications on DPI change and provide other DPI handling related APIs.

Edited by UCyborg

Ok thanks, still, there might be some interesting festures in these software pieces.

To folluw up, I realized there is something off with my CRT... as If I needed to accomodate my eyes differently each time I switch monitors... it is clear type, which ... eh... clearly does not stack up well with CRT. I guess it's impossible to turn it off just for one screen is me asking too much?

Oh and I wonder if there's any software to help me calibrate monitor. I thought about some PC or smartphone app where I post the pictore of monitor as a reference, and try to match the others... I do not look for professional-grade color representation, since my preference to tune down brightness makes it impossible, I aim to make them look close to each other.

9 minutes ago, Mcinwwl said:

it is clear type, which ... eh... clearly does not stack up well with CRT

ClearType doesn't stack up well with some people's eyesight.

ClearType actually gives me migraines!

My eyesight can SEE the red and green "sub-pixels" and they "dance and flash" to MY eysight (and tens of thousands of other users, but it is "rare" as far as 100's of millions of computer users).

It's been one of the reasons I can NOT use Vista or Win 7 - and no!, "tuning" does NOT help, I simply can NOT use ClearType on these OSes, PERIOD!

But I have no problems with ClearType on Win 10.

On 12/3/2021 at 8:10 PM, Mcinwwl said:

it is clear type, which ... eh... clearly does not stack up well with CRT. I guess it's impossible to turn it off just for one screen is me asking too much?

Yes and yes. :P

We're supposed to have per-monitor ClearType tuning at least (which doesn't include an off switch), but I've never seen secondary screens' settings to actually apply. Related discussion:

I doubt anyone at MS uses CRTs anymore and even if progression is made in distinct per-monitor ClearType settings department, it'll make it only to Windows 11.

The above thread mentions MacType, first time I hear of it, so no experience with it whatsoever, but since you have nothing to lose, maybe you can try it and see if it lets you find a compromise.

Edited by UCyborg