An ex-DJ from Holland hacked Mozilla/Firefox code and wrote a tool to mock this pitiful "browser".

Dixel

Pretty much what the title says ! I had written a complicated tool to forbid Firefox doing it's nasty things , what things ? Read more here :

https://msfn.org/board/topic/183138-mozilla-and-firefox-has-turned-into-evil-and-lie-to-their-userbase-leave-it-and-go-for-alternatives/?do=findComment&comment=1207584

I did this a long time ago , but I was lazy/busy to create this topic , I don't like to type , I could be lazy to reply , etc. I do not like to talk/text much, in general. I prefer to create something useful , like this miracle

I used brutal techniques from the 90's, early 2000's . I did NOT hack or modify any of the Firefox browser files , so I'm not in violation of the forum rules . The tool works by intercepting and/or redirecting , blocking the telemetry/pings/requests , certain APIs , etc. 

No Mozilla files were modified and this programme works with a wide range of FF versions !

The Mozilla code is rather primitive , reminded me of some japanese software.

One example of how it works . 

1- Firefox wants to generate my unique hardware ID and then send it to the Mozilla servers , thus creating a unique user ID (guinea pig's tag). 

I say : "screw you , sore losers , I do not allow you to make the hardware ID", so the tool intercepts and blocks it immediately ! (How ? It's a secret , I'm sure the FF staff will read it , try patching it , and I don't have time to redo the tool). 

It works on the fly , it forbids the browser to chew up your RAM with a ton of unneeded processes (Optimize browser button).

Main languages : British English . Dutch is there , but not activated for now , I'm sure our Dutch folks won't have any problems with English. Also, I added translations for some Western European Languages like Spanish . And several Eastern European : Bulgarian , Czech , Polish , Lithuanian , Ukranian , I just figured users from these countries could have problems understanding English , while the Dutch , Germans and French most likely won't , so no German , French or Italian. Perhaps I will add more in the future .

I do not promise anything !

Most of the "hacking" (reducing the junk which is 100% not needed at all) is being done without the user interaction , I left only some of the functions that could be changed , in case you would want to be fingerprinted voluntarily ,  lol. 

To change the UA , you would need to restart the browser , though.

This tool is so powerful , it literally mocks everything these dilettantes had been doing all those years to track you ... 

I'm still not sure If I was right to post this , perhaps I need to delete this.

It's based on my previous tool for Chromium browsers , so may have some of the code leftovers .

I shared the early alpha release for chrome 360 (without the UI) with some members . But now it's almost obsolete due the newer functions, also I created a cool interface , like this one . It gives you total control over your browser.

I'm scared to share it in the open , but I still want this to be MSFN exclusive , so I may share it with the certain top members (moderators) and [probably] @win32. You ask why ?

Imagine this tool in the wrong hands , coppers , FF "team" . This tool needs to be used by good people only , who care about their privacy . You gotta understand , I can't see who's hiding behind his nickname , it's nothing personal ! Yet again , I shall share it , but with extreme caution.

No AV reacted to this tool during the testing.

Fully supports AERO theme , can be seen on the screenshots below :

Starter_by_Dixel_made_in_Holland (4).png

Starter_by_Dixel_made_in_Holland (3).png

Starter_by_Dixel_made_in_Holland (2).png

Starter_by_Dixel_made_in_Holland.png

On 11/26/2021 at 5:11 PM, jaclaz said:

Out of curiosity, what is the relevance of the writer of the tool being an ex-DJ and/or that of being from Holland? :unsure:

And why the third person in the title? :dubbio:

jaclaz

jaclaz, it's simple :

1 - To bring more shame on the "developers" . You see , I don't have an education in this area , it's just my one of my hobbies ... but they , they studied for decades , lol.

2 - Holland , I'm just proud of my country , I think you too like to insert references to Italian culture . I still want to read more of your posts , just need to find time.

3 - Third person , it's the news style title , like in the papers . 

Sorry for the short reply , I could've answered much more , but I'm afraid it will just bring more questions. 

4 hours ago, Dixel said:

3 - Third person , it's the news style title , like in the papers .  

You  mean like in the badly titled newspaper articles or clickbaity sites[1], I see :) .

jaclaz

[1] particularly US-based ones, where - besides the article title - the contents of the "long form" are often interspersed with unneeded anecdotal references, pointless trivia and useless descriptions, something like:

An ex-DJ from Holland hacked Mozilla/Firefox code and wrote a tool to mock this pitiful "browser".

I observed this handsome young man crossing the parking with his distinctly athletic pace after having carefully parked in a tiny slot a classic VW Beetle, delightfully painted in a rather uncommon shade of turquoise.

He was here to meet me for the interview  and just from his clothing (dark tie, informal shirt, paired with a sporty yet classic jacket)  I could see his mid-European ancestry and his obviously marked attitude to communication, undoubtedly derived by the long years he was a re-known DJ and by the classical studies he undertook before.

Yet, surprisingly, even without any formal education in computer science he managed to create something that thousands of qualified programmers failed at, as a simple hobbyist and in his spare time.

What can only be described as an on the fly, real time, Mozilla Hardware ID preventer or blocker, a software device that promises to solve many of the privacy issues that anyone navigating the web with Mozilla Firefox is daily confronted with .

The details on how the at the moment unnamed tool works are obviously reserved, but the existence of a transparent to the user mechanism that at the same time increases the privacy and reduces the amount of unneeded processes that the browser would otherwise spawn, hogging RAM and slowing down the computer, can only be called a miracle (some of the fans of this incredible tool are proposing to call it HUMP, short for Hollandaise  Ultimate Miracle Piggyback, but many other ones simply call it TUT, The Ultimate Thing).

When we shook hands my first impression was surely confirmed, unlike the weak, soft grip that is typical of so many professional programmers I met before, his was definitely firm, yet at the same time comfortable and conveying a sense of reliability, a sort of power under control that is difficult to describe in words.

Edited by jaclaz

4 minutes ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

My neighbor 1/4 mile down the road just called.  She wanted to know why I was laughing so loud and that she heard me all the way over at her house.

Yep, it reminds me when at school there was an (unofficial/unwritten) rule about minimal length of in class essays/compositions, besides writing in VERY LARGE CHARACTERS, the second most used trick was to add (parenthetic ;)) sentences about who the historical character was married with, how the place where he/she was born has become - or was at the time - famous for, how at the time of his/her stay in <location> also some other famous people happened to be  there, etc.

But the US newspaper writers are doing it at what I consider an unbearable level, even on (supposedly) prestigious sites/magazines, a good example on Esquire. one for all:

https://www.esquire.com/entertainment/movies/a38241136/keanu-reeves-interview-2021/

jaclaz

9 hours ago, jaclaz said:

I observed this handsome young man crossing the parking with his distinctly athletic pace

VW Beetle, delightfully painted in a rather uncommon shade of turquoise.

...from his clothing (dark tie, informal shirt, paired with a sporty yet classic jacket) 

I could see his mid-European ancestry..

Hollandaise Ultimate Miracle Piggyback, but many other ones simply call it TUT, The Ultimate Thing.

...the weak, soft grip that is typical of so many professional programmers I met before, his was definitely firm...

1 - Thank you. 

2 - I actually hate this colour , I bought it with this colour , I'm going to repaint it to the famous feldgrau someday. But thank you !

3 - Yes , all Italian .

4 - Thank you .

5 - Thank you . 

6 - Thank you .

FELDGRAU.gif

UPDATE 1.01 + 1.02

1 - Slight adjustments , reduced the tool size (better compression) . UPDATED the build number to 1.01.37091

2 - Added various Android models (per request from a well known MSFN patron).

3 - Added iPhone Instagram App , it may be useful for DAVE.

4 - UPDATED the build number to 1.02.38052

5 - Added Android Instagram App , also may be useful for DAVE.

Starter_by_Dixel_made_in_Holland (5).png

This seems interesting soluction for places I need to use firefox. Does that allow on a fly patching so wont need go trough dialog everytime. If that works wins arkenfox js.

On 11/25/2021 at 4:35 PM, Dixel said:

Imagine this tool in the wrong hands , coppers , FF "team" . This tool needs to be used by good people only , who care about their privacy . You gotta understand , I can't see who's hiding behind his nickname , it's nothing personal ! Yet again , I shall share it , but with extreme caution.

I hope you did not use proxy on any part because new firefox bypasses proxy for "important" functions if fails to reach server.