Mozilla and Firefox has turned into evil and lie to their userbase. Leave it and go for alternatives

Mr.Scienceman2000

3 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

"faking" user agents has very limited effectiveness nowadays.

Wrong , you just don't know how to do it properly , you need to inject it , not to use extensions and the such . Also , you need to block the platform tag in the browser itself . Do not disinform people . I remember our lengthy discussion in another topic where you couldn't cheat HTML5 test website, but I could and provided with the proof. Aren't you gonna say something about Firefox ?

17 hours ago, Mr.Scienceman2000 said:

All VPN does is route your IP to another location. Companies do not need IP to identify you. Also VPN was originally designed for secure corporate network access from remote locations and not for consumer markets.

I know one  who uses VPN on device to browse Facebook and others with Google Chrome and Windoze 10 and think he is safe from trackers and spying. Also that person pay VPN with credit card. Fingerprinting person based on IP is obsolete these days. There is lot more better ways for tracking.

Also Mozilla VPN uses Mullvald but unlike Mullvald need all of your personal data to even sign up. Mullvald is only that I can somewhat recommend on VPN since wont need account, rather it setups id on signup and can pay with cash or crypto, BUT all you still do is routing your data to another server that may just log your IP and other data as well and that is why I got no VPN and recommend against.

OK , let's imagine you live in some Zuristan with a communist/dem. dictator . (no real countries mentioned).

1 - All western websites are blocked.

2 - The commie police has all ISP in this imagined country under full control (forged certificates , MITM ).

3 - You need to write to your relatives who were lucky to escape to a free country .

You still think a free working VPN is a bad idea ? Even though we assume the VPN provider from another (non-commie) country logs your activity .

9 hours ago, Dixel said:

OK , let's imagine you live in some Zuristan with a communist/dem. dictator . (no real countries mentioned).

1 - All western websites are blocked.

2 - The commie police has all ISP in this imagined country under full control (forged certificates , MITM ).

3 - You need to write to your relatives who were lucky to escape to a free country .

You still think a free working VPN is a bad idea ? Even though we assume the VPN provider from another (non-commie) country logs your activity .

I meant on more sensible western countries if use to hide from fb and others it is useless. On those areas VPN/TOR is crucial to use but many got misunderstanding what VPN is. It is not to make you 100% anonymous.

10 hours ago, jaclaz said:

Well, one could use Edge, now with embedded financial services :w00t: :ph34r: :

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/articles/introducing-buy-now-pay-later-in-microsoft-edge/td-p/2967030

(and no the article is dated November 15th, not April 1st)

jaclaz

combine that with Microsoft Edge save on shopping ads (it shows those on some sites to make you buy product from ms partner instead) and we got good setup :cheerleader:

On 11/18/2021 at 4:50 AM, Mr.Scienceman2000 said:

I meant on more sensible western countries if use to hide from fb and others it is useless. On those areas VPN/TOR is crucial to use but many got misunderstanding what VPN is. It is not to make you 100% anonymous.

No , it's not , if one uses proper measures against fingerprinting and doesn't pay with his CC. Of course you need to read a lot , train alot. Also , such kind of a person will most likely avoid FB in the first place , lol. Do not use VPN from commie/"ex"-commie or five eyes countries . You need to read the laws of the country where this VPN provider located.

4 hours ago, Dixel said:

No , it's not , if one uses proper measures against fingerprinting and doesn't pay with his CC. Of course you need to read a lot , train alot. Also , such kind of a person will most likely avoid FB in the first place , lol. Do not use VPN from commie/"ex"-commie or five eyes countries . You need to read the laws of the country where this VPN provider located.

my purpose was to show false things some normies got from VPN. Not talking from someone like you or other privacy concern person rather someone who uses iphone and VPN and firefox since went deep into privacy promises.

Good VPN/TOR with proper knowledge and precautions is what you need and there is nobody that can do precautions for you. If you wont know threat you cannot fight against it.

4 hours ago, Dixel said:

Do not use VPN from commie/"ex"-commie or five eyes countries . You need to read the laws of the country where this VPN provider located.

funny that those commie countries got plenty of free VPN services. I guess honeypots to catch anyone who tries escape authorities. Also never trust any claims VPN provider does. When you look deep enough on internet you find dark truth from any provider.

On 11/19/2021 at 2:14 PM, Mr.Scienceman2000 said:

TOR with proper knowledge and precautions is what you need and there is nobody that can do precautions for you. If you wont know threat you cannot fight against it.

Good idea ,  I added TOR capabilities to my Firfeox starter , so it could be used by simple folks (just with a button click), I was following your advice . The link is above.

1 hour ago, Dixel said:

Good idea ,  I added TOR capabilities to my Firfeox starter , so it could be used by simple folks (just with a button click), I was following your advice . The link is above.

you also should block js with thing like noscriptand set useragent to something generally used. That wont fix fingerprinting fully but reduces it on basic methods

Edited by Mr.Scienceman2000

3 hours ago, Mr.Scienceman2000 said:

you also should block js with thing like noscriptand set useragent to something generally used. That wont fix fingerprinting fully but reduces it on basic methods

I think he did it , did you read the article shown above your comment ?

6 minutes ago, D.Draker said:

I think he did it , did you read the article shown above your comment ?

just wanted make sure since not sure what all tor browser settings it used. At default tor browser script blocking is useless. I always wondered why slider is not at safest mode by default on it

Edited by Mr.Scienceman2000

On 11/17/2021 at 4:40 PM, NotHereToPlayGames said:

It really is EXTREMELY easy to "identify" folks these days - to the point where I do not waste my time trying to "prevent" it!  It's actually much more effective to "blend in with the crowd" and that's the approach I prefer.

Sure, this is also my approach...do not waste time for this. Have get rid of all valuable privacy extensions, to have my browsers more responsive.

And for my security I use some extensions (uBlock O. with 9-10 lists (more than 90.000 network filters, not enforcing cosmetic filters), Script Blocker Ultimate, Redirect Link Checker, Ping Blocker...), but first: have healthy habits for surfing on the web.

Edited by msfntor

It depends on how you blend into the crowd.

If you use a common browser completely to default like the greater part of the mass you are yes, camouflaged but very vulnerable in safety.

If instead you use a hardened browser with purpose the safety + values more commonly used for the fingeprinting falsified you are equally camouflaged because even if you are visible you usufruite of a visibility fake.

Edited by Sampei.Nihira