Mozilla and Firefox has turned into evil and lie to their userbase. Leave it and go for alternatives

Mr.Scienceman2000

31 minutes ago, Dixel said:

Hi , from what I know , 360 behaves as a usual 86 chrome when working with extensions. I don't think it would be any different with UBO.

I assume therefore yes.:)

Just check the list "AdGuard URL Tracking Protection".

With UBO Legacy this rule does not work.

TH.:hello:

Edited by Sampei.Nihira

3 hours ago, Sampei.Nihira said:

I assume therefore yes.:)

Just check the list "AdGuard URL Tracking Protection".

With UBO Legacy this rule does not work.

TH.:hello:

Well , you asked about UBO , not UBO legacy . I don't use legacy .

3 hours ago, Mr.Scienceman2000 said:

i use Ematrix UXP which is actively supported

and strange it did not work on you. What plugins you got for blocking? Maybe some other does

I have minimum extensions. I use Ublock and some extensions that dim bright light/pictures.

11 hours ago, Mr.Scienceman2000 said:

I said out of so called privacy options it is worst. Did I mention Chrome or Edge as alternatives? No. Many fall for Brave after Firefox thinking it is more private and secure and close their ears from facts. You choose trust some other evil than before but wont get rid of the evil.

Few interesting facts like here that may also interest @Dixel

https://spyware.neocities.org/articles/brave.html

here was some analysis from Brave on it default settings.

http://tilde.club/~acz/shadow_wiki/browsers.xhtml#Brave

here some more

and if I did not prove enough here is last nail to coffin related to your comment

You need account on uphold which privacy policy states

that is same level of surveillance as Facebook for me. That is not anonymous or privacy respecting at all. If they did not do payment system to respect privacy can you trust anything else they say.

take everything on internet with grain of salt even my sayings. My sayings are based on my and others research. I compare my test results to ones mentioned on websites. I do them on lab network with MITMproxy.

And I can say Brave is as evil or even more evil than Mozilla. It is shilled everywhere for and they usually defend it with "Mozilla does bad things too". If someone does bad things it does not justify others to do bad things. If someone else steal car am I allowed steal one too? No.

Brave, Mozilla Firefox, Protonmail etc. are mostly aimed for privacy normies so they can think they are on super secure platform that respect their privacy. Once you evolve with your technican knowledge you understand there is no such as privacy respecting provider. All that say so are liars. You wont trust any provider to handle your private stuff.

First one I never heard about but that name suggest it is not private at all. Well I need fire up my lab again.

GNU icecat is okayish but I rather recommend librewolf. Only thing it adds is libreJS that can also be downloaded other browsers. And librejs is pretty useless for privacy actually as it only cares from javascript licence and not what JS does in your system.

Iridium got one problem that developers wont address and that is google safebrowsing

https://spyware.neocities.org/articles/iridium.html

That still exist on latest version of iridium. Why safe browsing is issue? Since browser needs to connect on Google servers to download file and that means excess connection. Also developers refuse to address issue saying "it only downloads them for local use". Safebrowsing always been obsolete since malware sites got so many domains ready. Once safebrowsing blocks one they add another.

Vivaldi is huge red flag too. Here some more sauce to support my findings

https://spyware.neocities.org/articles/vivaldi.html

It sends telemetry that includes your profile unique ID, screen resolution and your IP. That is same fingerprinting as other violators.

Also their developers don't care about user concerns.

And forget about building it from source since there is no full source code that makes it not to be open source.

So what browsers I should use?

If you really need to use big browser use either Ungoogled Chromium or Librewolf (Firefox based).

If you want something else UXP browsers like Palememe and and Basilik based browsers are great alternatives. Though vanilla versions have started limit user control but many forks still respect.

And do not fall for built in privacy protections scam. Remember that developers whitelist trackers many times from built in protections.

Use your own set of privacy addons like Umatrix/Ematrix, Decentraleye, Nocript, Ublock origin that gives you much better privacy.

I welcome any actually privacy respecting browsers to be listed at end of first post. We need to give them that alternative I told to go for. And it does not have to be for "latest and (not so) greatest" OS.

Lets take example from ff52 that is latest on XP and Vista with offical support. It got plenty of telemetry built in already like you know. And yes I know Windows phones home but I mitigated most of it on my personal rig and it is not as bad as with windows 10 or 11.

Palememe based browsers are way better alternative or go minimal like Netsurf.

I asked your opinion for other legacy supporting that non spyware browsers since you got experience with Chromium under older Windows versions.

Thank You for the detailed analysis, but I would like to correct you on this:

11 hours ago, Mr.Scienceman2000 said:

You need account on uphold which privacy policy states

Brave recently added Gemini integration for those who don’t wan’t Uphold. Not saying it’s any better :(

5 hours ago, testaccount66766 said:

both are correct. They added integration to it and it is not any better. Also when I allowed js on site it wanted allow plenty of ultra privacy domains like tiktok.

And I never trusted crypto echangers as that like many wont allow transfer of money on some wallets.

Remember that all looks good on surface but once you lift the curtain it no longer does.

I actually think it will attract some users from oppressed countries (which are plenty now). But since this "VPN" is paid  , how it's supposed to be "private" !??! Yet another lie by Mozilla. 

12 hours ago, Dixel said:

I actually think it will attract some users from oppressed countries (which are plenty now). But since this "VPN" is paid  , how it's supposed to be "private" !??! Yet another lie by Mozilla. 

All VPN does is route your IP to another location. Companies do not need IP to identify you. Also VPN was originally designed for secure corporate network access from remote locations and not for consumer markets.

I know one  who uses VPN on device to browse Facebook and others with Google Chrome and Windoze 10 and think he is safe from trackers and spying. Also that person pay VPN with credit card. Fingerprinting person based on IP is obsolete these days. There is lot more better ways for tracking.

Also Mozilla VPN uses Mullvald but unlike Mullvald need all of your personal data to even sign up. Mullvald is only that I can somewhat recommend on VPN since wont need account, rather it setups id on signup and can pay with cash or crypto, BUT all you still do is routing your data to another server that may just log your IP and other data as well and that is why I got no VPN and recommend against.

10 hours ago, Mr.Scienceman2000 said:

Companies do not need IP to identify you.

Bingo!

It really is EXTREMELY easy to "identify" folks these days - to the point where I do not waste my time trying to "prevent" it!  It's actually much more effective to "blend in with the crowd" and that's the approach I prefer.

Here is the best way to illustrate -

spacer.png

Let's say the green circle represents your browser being Mozilla-based versus Chromium-based (you do not need a User Agent to detect this) - seems pretty much 50-50, right?

The blue circle represents your preference to "normal" versus "dark theme" - you either advertise a "dark" preference or you don't - seems 50-50, right?

The red circle represents your "do not track" preference - you either advertise DNT or you don't - seems 50-50, right?

There's three things alone that your browser advertises a simple "yes" or "no", a 50-50, and we already have you reduced to the "white area".

Throw in screen resolution as another circle and that "white area" is now even smaller.

PREVENT "screen resolution" from being detected and that "white area" is even SMALLER becase most users do not know how to "prevent" screen resolution detection.

You THINK you made yourself HARDER to "identify" by preventing screen resolution but in reality you just put yourself into a "circle" with a very small population - EXTREMELY easy to identify you when that "white area" keeps getting smaller and smaller.

35 minutes ago, jaclaz said:

Well, one could use Edge

I lump Edge in with Chromium.  The User Agent for Edge is basically always one version behind Chrome and with an identical User Agent minus the "Edg" ending.  But as far as "fingerprinting" goes, nobody uses "user agent" for that purpose, it's been a known trick for far too long and "faking" user agents has very limited effectiveness nowadays.