Microsoft is ENDING Support for OneDrive on Windows 7/8/8.1

yoltboy01

30 minutes ago, Valentin said:

Thank you so much!!! This is working! 

Great, that's the method there.

But it is very characteristic of Microsoft, that technically everything works, but you first have to be smart enough to figure out how to make the function usable becouse they dont want you to use it.

Haha, good to know ! Enjoy :D

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, dave67 said:

How do you get rid of the yellow warning sign over Onedrive in File Explorer? 

It shouldn't be there when using Business version of OneDrive. Maybe it's built-in one?

11 minutes ago, Teeotsa said:

It shouldn't be there when using Business version of OneDrive. Maybe it's built-in one?

I'm using the business version. Is it becasue I placed the folder in the same area as the now defunct Onedrive app?

Screenshot (232).png

1 hour ago, dave67 said:

I'm using the business version. Is it becasue I placed the folder in the same area as the now defunct Onedrive app?

Screenshot (232).png

Maybe, you could change the location of OneDrive folder. Check your OneDrive Business app. Should say what's wrong.

5 hours ago, Teeotsa said:

Maybe, you could change the location of OneDrive folder. Check your OneDrive Business app. Should say what's wrong.

It doesn't say anything 

3 hours ago, dave67 said:

It doesn't say anything 

Then... don't know what could be wrong. You could try to disable built-in OneDrive, maybe that helps. I have nothing else to recommend. Sorry 

• 4 weeks later...

Is there any way in how to update OneDrive on Windows 8.1? The Explorer always shows the old OneDrive Icon, unlike Windows 7, who can use the latest one. I always get errors that I should use the Build-In App, if I wanna use a personal account

44 minutes ago, yoltboy01 said:

Is there any way in how to update OneDrive on Windows 8.1? The Explorer always shows the old OneDrive Icon, unlike Windows 7, who can use the latest one. I always get errors that I should use the Build-In App, if I wanna use a personal account

Use Business version and apply the registry tweak. You can find it above.