Microsoft is ENDING Support for OneDrive on Windows 7/8/8.1

yoltboy01

9 hours ago, MrMADRYAN said:

Has support ended?

OneDrive app on my Windows 7 PC and Windows 8.1 tablet still syncs files after support ended.

Yeah, same here. Probs because I'm using Business version of OneDrive on 8.1

16 hours ago, Teeotsa said:

Yeah, same here. Probs because I'm using Business version of OneDrive on 8.1

no my personal ondedrive still works

Edited by Jaguarek62
typo

Bad news: The private OneDrive on Windows 8.1 today stop syncronizing my files. It appears a message that I have to update Windows but there are no new updates. Is OneDrive not functioning anymore with Windows 8.1 for private users?? As others already said, OneDrive for Business on Windows 8.1 still works..

The In-Build OneDrive App in Windows 8.1 does no longer sync files. Is there any method in how to update OneDrive (personal) in Windows 8.1? When I try to install OneDrive Desktop, only the Business version gets installed

On my brothers Microsoft-Account the In-Build OneDrive App in Windows 8.1 still works on all his devices, as he told me. 

So I think it really depends on the Microsoft Account. Maybe they will deactivate the Accounts "one by one"? 

Does anyone know any alternative options for those whose In-Build OneDrive App isn't working anymore?

58 minutes ago, Valentin said:

On my brothers Microsoft-Account the In-Build OneDrive App in Windows 8.1 still works on all his devices, as he told me. 

So I think it really depends on the Microsoft Account. Maybe they will deactivate the Accounts "one by one"? 

Does anyone know any alternative options for those whose In-Build OneDrive App isn't working anymore?

Use Business version of OneDrive. Works fine for me :D

On 6/1/2022 at 9:08 PM, Teeotsa said:

Use Business version of OneDrive. Works fine for me :D

Yes, but were do you get a vallid Microsoft-business-account for your private data? Personally, I have one from my company (works fine, yes) but I cant use it for my personal data.

1 hour ago, Valentin said:

Yes, but were do you get a vallid Microsoft-business-account for your private data? Personally, I have one from my company (works fine, yes) but I cant use it for my personal data.

Hmm, I just used my personal Microsoft account to login :/ 

15 minutes ago, Valentin said:

Would you send me a screenshot how you did it? 

When i try, i get the notification that it is not possible with private Microsoft-Accounts. --> Screenshot (German): https://imgur.com/a/3gIgzly

Or have I misunderstood something?

Apply this registry tweak

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\OneDrive]
"EnableDownlevelInstallOnBluePlus"=dword:00000001

Thank you so much!!! This is working! 

Great, that's the method there.

But it is very characteristic of Microsoft, that technically everything works, but you first have to be smart enough to figure out how to make the function usable becouse they dont want you to use it.