Does Windows 7 have an inbuild Calendar App?

yoltboy01

Sup guys,

I just realized that Windows 7 is the only NT6 (Vista, 7, 8, 8.1) version, which has no inbuild Calendar App. Vista had a program called "Windows Calendar", which strangely wasnt a part in Windows 7. Windows 8 and higher already have an inbuild Metro/UWP App. 

There was a Calendar Widget, however Widgets arent available since 2012 I guess for Windows Vista/7. 

So.. can I somehow port Vista's Program to 7 and make it run? Windows 8+ will probably not work because of Modern Apps

I sorta solved that with Outlook 2010/2003/any outlook before 2013 that had very good built in calendar. I use it since can sync notes with PDA with Nokia pc-sync. That is one thing to consider use. You do not need add email account to outlook in order access calendar. Outlook is bundled with Microsoft Office if you have that installed

Edited by Mr.Scienceman2000

12 minutes ago, Tripredacus said:

I used to use a calendar in Thunderbird on Win 7. I'm sure there must be something lighter than having to install an email client or whole Office suite to just get a calendar.

I use office suite so outlook was not so big deal.

If need standalone calendar application. Lotus work had one called lotus cal I think

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/29/2021 at 5:47 PM, yoltboy01 said:

There was a Calendar Widget, however Widgets aren't available since 2012 I guess for Windows Vista/7.

They're called Widgets on Android, but on Windows 7 I think they were called Gadgets.

Microsoft deprecated gadgets but they're still available here, including Microsoft's Calendar Gadget: https://8gadgetpack.net/

As the Web site name implies, Gadgets work on Windows 8[.1] too. (And Win 10 and 11)