Will Windows Vista work on AMD Ryzen 3 3250U?

KetaMnight

Hello, I am trying to downgrade from Windows 11 to Windows Vista on AMD Ryzen 3 3250U, but however, Windows 8.1 worked on it, How can I do the same thing using Windows Vista? and I need the modded drivers of AMD Radeon(TM) Vega for Windows Vista?

Here are the specs:

Memory: 4GB RAM with DDR2-2400 SDRAM (1 x 4 GB)

GPU: AMD Radeon(TM) Vega 3

SSD: 128GB M.2 SSD

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3250U

Wireless card: Realtek RTL8821CE 802.11b/g/n/ac

EDIT: It didn't work, can I try Windows 7 instead?

Edited by KetaMnight

On 10/14/2021 at 12:15 PM, KetaMnight said:

Hello, I am trying to downgrade from Windows 11 to Windows Vista on AMD Ryzen 3 3250U, but however, Windows 8.1 worked on it, How can I do the same thing using Windows Vista? and I need the modded drivers of AMD Radeon(TM) Vega for Windows Vista?

Here are the specs:

Memory: 4GB RAM with DDR2-2400 SDRAM (1 x 4 GB)

GPU: AMD Radeon(TM) Vega 3

SSD: 128GB M.2 SSD

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3250U

Wireless card: Realtek RTL8821CE 802.11b/g/n/ac

EDIT: It didn't work, can I try Windows 7 instead?

Yeah, the thread he linked to above, which I made, should work, although I did run into an issue with my AMD Radeon R4 Stoney Ridge graphics card. I got 7 installed under UEFI mode on my Acer Aspire A315-21, but I could not change the resolution, and when I tried to install the graphics driver, I got an error 43 upon restart. Legacy BIOS works just fine. Please let me know either in this thread or in my thread above what your experiences are, especially when it comes to the graphics driver.

EDIT: Ivy Bridge and Sandy Bridge will work just fine (I have an Ivy Bridge UEFI dual-boot setup with Vista and 7, trying to do 11 too). Not sure about Haswell, but I see no issues as long as you use an up to date Windows 7 SP2 ISO (No vanilla RTM Windows 7 ISO as that will cause the Haswell bug to occur until you update the OS).

Edited by Jakob99

2 hours ago, Jakob99 said:

... Windows 7 SP2 ISO (No vanilla RTM Windows 7 ISO as that will cause the Haswell bug to occur until you update the OS).

1 - What do you mean by "Win7 SP2" ? There's no such thing exist. Perhaps you meant some un-official compilation ?

2 - False ! My neighbour ran WIn7 RTM on a B85 Board (haswell) for years without issues.

17 hours ago, Dixel said:

1 - What do you mean by "Win7 SP2" ? There's no such thing exist. Perhaps you meant some un-official compilation ?

2 - False ! My neighbour ran WIn7 RTM on a B85 Board (haswell) for years without issues.

1. I meant Service Pack 1. I mistyped.

2. No bugs on Haswell? Interesting. I thought Windows 7 RTM was plagued with the same bug that Vista is currently plagued with that was fixed in a later update.

14 hours ago, Jakob99 said:

I thought Windows 7 RTM was plagued with the same bug that Vista is currently plagued with that was fixed in a later update.

kinda OT but can't someone look at windows 7 rtm or sp1 HAL things and backport the DLLs to vista? I think people already tried this but I haven't seen someone posting about this "method". maybe @win32 has more info?

Edited by winvispixp

3 hours ago, winvispixp said:

kinda OT but can't someone look at windows 7 rtm or sp1 HAL things and backport the DLLs to vista? I think people already tried this but I haven't seen someone posting about this "method". maybe @win32 has more info?

That's what I started to think too. Maybe this could solve issues of non-complient ACPI BIOS BSOD's on certain newer hardware when trying to install Vista as well. But regardless, I think @win32 may have something up his sleeve in regards to this idea or even something else entirely.

Guys , I'm sorry to point that out to you , I understand you can't remember such things due to your age (5-7 years at that time?). Windows Vista Logon failure started to happen long before haswell or ryzen , It started right after SP1 came out , with it. It was Core Quad Era . Q6700 and the such . I had a Siemens PC with q6700 and Vista RTM didn't have that logon failure (we called it "Black screen of death") , but SP1 did ! If you have some time , scroll the ex-kernel topic back , somewhere closer to Dec. 2020 , I think . I'm sure you will find some links that I posted  (from 2008 or so) , perhaps they are still alive . My guess : the culprit is the new activation they implemented in SP1. Where did you get that information about HAL ? Win32 told you so ?

2 hours ago, Jakob99 said:

That's what I started to think too. Maybe this could solve issues of non-complient ACPI BIOS BSOD's on certain newer hardware when trying to install Vista as well. But regardless, I think @win32 may have something up his sleeve in regards to this idea or even something else entirely.

Oh , and I tried Win 7 Beta build 7000 , and it's the first beta to not have the logon bug on newer mobos. Earlier 6xxx builds will definitely have that bug.

1 hour ago, Dixel said:

Oh , and I tried Win 7 Beta build 7000 , and it's the first beta to not have the logon bug on newer mobos. Earlier 6xxx builds will definitely have that bug.

Interesting. I thought someone said this bug persisted into the RTM Windows 7 that was only patched through an update? I guess I must be mistaken. Regardless, I wonder if Win32 could backport whatever Microsoft fixed in that build to fix the "Black Screen of Death" in Windows Vista. I also hope @win32 sees what we have posted here and can look into it (Sorry for all the tags Win32. Just trying to draw your attention here). This problem and graphics are the main reason I as well as several other people do not use Vista full time on Haswell (and shockingly, at least for my Haswell desktop, still has loads of drivers for Vista. Broadwell and later will not feature much or anything at all).

11 hours ago, Jakob99 said:

I wonder if Win32 could backport whatever Microsoft fixed in that build to fix the "Black Screen of Death" in Windows Vista.

I see you're new . Just scroll back the ex-kernel topic back , I think , no I'm pretty sure I was the first one to suggest it . Win32 knows everything about it. Yet there's no news . You want my advice ? Get a good mobo that supports Vista x64 or use 32-bit Vista with your Haswell , like I do. Or you could cut out all possible junk and services (like win defender) from the Vista x64 ISO (before the installation) and do not use any updates , in this case you'll minimize the bug . Who needs the updates anyways , lol ?  If you desperately want the kernel , you only need one update KB4467700 .That's it. Do not install junk named "DX9 redist". Do not install bloatware , like framework or VC redist (use portable). The only framework that is somewhat OK is 4.5.0 or 4.5.2. That's it . Have a nice day/night/whatever.

It now appears that the partial fix for the Haswell TSC drift issue was in a update released between 2017 and 2019.

While this issue only seems to have appeared with the Haswell CPUs, fixes for the issue do date back to build 6519 (released in December 2007), as I have tested on my Kaby Lake laptop. In a series of reboots, all services started and there were no issues with application execution.

Edited by win32

@win32 , there is @burd , who has "all of the updates with Intel skylake... " , yet it's all the same .  BTW , I never had any problems with app. excution , zero. Haswell or no haswell. 

Do I have to buy Kaby Lake to test it ? I can do it . No prob. Do you know if there are USB.3.0 drivers available , like really working ? All those I tried , do not wor or glitchy.

https://msfn.org/board/topic/181612-wip-windows-vista-extended-kernel/?do=findComment&comment=1206243

Just now, Dixel said:

Do you know if there are USB.3.0 drivers available , like really working ? All those I tried , do not wor or glitchy.

Yes, I did get one digitally signed set working at USB 3 speeds. I don't believe they are posted in the forum however. I will send them if needed.