Old processors minus Intel Management Engine

OldSchool38

On 10/11/2021 at 2:52 PM, D.Draker said:

Cool!  I wonder if I could set up my old dell 330 system to do this?  Maybe even my 780!  Good weekend project, I might can just mod my existing systems to take advantage of this if I can find another lan card in the parts bin I have.  As for cpus, I have three 775 socket ones to choose from:

Intel® Pentium® Processor E2180 - 1M Cache, 2.00 GHz, 800 MHz FSB

Intel® Pentium® Processor E5500 (2M Cache, 2.80 GHz, 800 MHz FSB)

Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor E8400 - 6M Cache, 3.00 GHz, 1333 MHz FSB

I know the core 2 duo is the more powerful, but in terms of built in spyware-are the older ones better to use or should I just go with the Core 2 duo and try the above mentioned technique?

14 hours ago, OldSchool38 said:

Cool!  I wonder if I could set up my old dell 330 system to do this?  Maybe even my 780!  Good weekend project, I might can just mod my existing systems to take advantage of this if I can find another lan card in the parts bin I have.  As for cpus, I have three 775 socket ones to choose from:

Intel® Pentium® Processor E2180 - 1M Cache, 2.00 GHz, 800 MHz FSB

Intel® Pentium® Processor E5500 (2M Cache, 2.80 GHz, 800 MHz FSB)

Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor E8400 - 6M Cache, 3.00 GHz, 1333 MHz FSB

I know the core 2 duo is the more powerful, but in terms of built in spyware-are the older ones better to use or should I just go with the Core 2 duo and try the above mentioned technique?

E8400 is kinda bare minimum these days. Spyware on your mobo is built into the chipset , not the core 2 duo itself . I wouldn't even bother wasting thermal paste on e5500 , etc.

Just use a LAN card [which is not made by Intel] and you'll be fine , unless MI6/FBI/CIA/KGB get their hands on your PC physically .

Went through my old parts bin and found an old enlga 1320 lan card, not sure if it's intel or not but the drivers are realtek.  Got that installed on my dell 330, went to the bios settings and turned the onboard card off in the nic settings.  I have xp installed at the moment, how can I check to see if the ME signal has been successfully cut off?  Also, if it does work-will it work on a Dell 780 with a Core 2 Quad 2.93 cpu also?