Palemoon drama has gotten bad

Wunderbar98

I'll admit, I've not followed this all that well unless I read something on here; but I will say, after seeing this, there is a huge difference between autism and personality disorder and the latter is what we are seeing. I've never had any dealing with him or MC in any way, but its always been (to me) very hostile and not at all welcoming which is why I avoided that forum. I'll stay here and am glad them don't know me and wouldn't want to. Sort of makes me wonder, how long firefox based browsers will continue.

2 hours ago, cc333 said:

What a jerk he is!  Good riddance!!

Anyway, to echo the various messages here, I hope that @feodor2 is alive and safe while he helps save his country!

Слава україні!

c

Well said and so much negativity and hostility in this world now. So easy to be mean and hard to be nice ... should be the opposite. 

1 hour ago, XPerceniol said:

Well said and so much negativity and hostility in this world now. So easy to be mean and hard to be nice ... should be the opposite. 

i totally agree.  The degree of cruelty and hatred being displayed toward Ukraine, especially toward the poor citizens of Mariupol, is absolutely appalling and disgusting.  It must be stopped somehow!

By the way, does anyone know where in Ukraine feodor2 lives?

And now back to the topic at hand:

That MAT is quite a tyrant!  Maybe now that he's gone, the Pale Moon team can actually stop being so hostile toward anyone who dares to use it on any OS other than what they dictate....

c

5 hours ago, cc333 said:
6 hours ago, XPerceniol said:

i totally agree.  The degree of cruelty and hatred being displayed toward Ukraine, especially toward the poor citizens of Mariupol, is absolutely appalling and disgusting.

Really? Must have missed it since I tend to avoid nasty places. From what little I picked up, the response from the folks of my country towards the whole situation was quite charitable.

I did notice however that on one major news site here, comments were recently disabled on all articles reporting on situation in Ukraine. Must have gone too nasty. I did notice some special snowlflakes there in the past.

7 hours ago, XPerceniol said:

I'll admit, I've not followed this all that well unless I read something on here; but I will say, after seeing this, there is a huge difference between autism and personality disorder and the latter is what we are seeing.

Yes, it was nasty. I'm all for political incorrectness and do agree with certain controversial (to some) points they made in the past, but his attitude belongs nowhere.

On 3/18/2022 at 4:15 PM, NotHereToPlayGames said:
On 3/18/2022 at 8:50 AM, UCyborg said:

Does it mean anything of significance in practice?

I'll say, "No, it doesn't mean anything of significance."

Just tried PM30 and it is a radical update in some aspects. Tab Mix Plus does not function correctly anymore.

Edit: Great, Tab Mix Plus was actually hastily updated (https://bitbucket.org/onemen/tabmixplus/downloads/). There's no difference between the two 0.5.8.2 versions (same checksum).

Edited by UCyborg

On 3/19/2022 at 1:57 PM, Jody Thornton said:

Looks like he has left the Pale Moon team, and while at it, gassed the PM Forum Site on his way out.

Good, maybe Pale Moon has a future. Here’s his resignation thread in case anyone is too lazy to click the reddit link which includes the logs. I’d say this is karma for shutting Mypal down.

Edited by testaccount66766

I don't like censorship, but I think it's warranted in MAT's case because of the extensive (and inappropriate) usage of expletives in his resignation thread.  It says much about who he is (and isn't), and if he were "bleeped" like he would be in most other respectable, family-friendly forums (such as MSFN), he would end up saying virtually nothing!  Kind of like those lousy reality shows where the "stars" speak in strings of expletives, so all the viewer hears is this long, unbroken tone, like a constant, unrelenting scream.

Beyond that, about the only other thing I can say about him is that the degree of his apparent rage, hatred and disdain for virtually everyone leaves me speechless.

Why do people like this exist?

c

Edited by cc333

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/1/2022 at 3:32 PM, Tripredacus said:

Palemoon never had a tab crash but I don't use a continuous site on it like FB. Instead over long periods of time, a memory leak or memory issue still will occur, but the result is that the browser will stop loading images after a period of time.

In either of the cases of the browsers having memory issues, they go away once I close the browser. Sometimes I have to kill the process in Task Manager. This 32bit PC is the one that is never rebooted.

Was window shopping recently and of course ended up with a huge memory leak.

Then I tested with Edge and Firefox, opened 22 tabs of different products in that shop and closed them all at once. Seemed all memory was instantly released. AFAIK, both browsers have the function that'll even start releasing tabs automatically if they detect pressure on system memory.

I'm not smart enough to judge whether multi-process architecture is either really clever ar a hacky workaround, but user experience seems much better in that regard. Not sure about the possible overhead that tab hoarders may or may not experience...who knows, maybe multi-process is better in that regard as well these days. Not much of a tab hoarder myself, went maybe 40 - 50 tabs max few years back, when the web was simpler. But hundreds of tabs? Hell no.

Funny, Pale Moon in the old days, it was touted as the browser that lets you utilize your current hardware better, by throwing out support for ancient CPUs. Seems it's opposite of mainstream browsers these days and doesn't let you utilize it all that well, at least as far as crunching through web pages' resources alone go.

Something else on mind, some people here seem to hate modern Chromium for phasing out old hardware. I personally don't throw all hardware of age in old category. Core components of my computer are 2008 - 2009 technology. For me, that's old, but not ancient. To tell the truth, modern Blink and Gecko are fast as f*** here - to not be as vague as as often the case, I mean how fast the resources are loaded and especially how fast JavaScript is crunched through.

More on topic, I got the impression that Matt was quite an intergral part of their development team. Wonder how it'll go form that point onwards.

• 1 month later...