StartAllBack for Windows 11

Tihiy

On 4/15/2023 at 4:23 PM, Tihiy said:

StartAllBack 3.6.4

- Added quick setting to enable/disable alphabet separators in All Programs context menu

I know it's not about the latest release, but I'm curious: where can this quick setting be found? :lol:

Edit: In case anyone wonders, I was just stupid and right-clicked the wrong spot... :p

Edited by S7rUww3lP373R

Two unrelated bugs I've recently encountered:

1. I keep a shortcut to iTunes in my taskbar, and when I last updated iTunes, "Unpin from taskbar" failed to appear in the menu.  (iTunes is one of several programs that use GUIDs in their shortcuts, which are regenerated with each update, meaning that every update requires shortcuts to be trashed and recreated.)  I had to turn off SaB to delete the old shortcut before I could recreate it with the new GUID.

2. Using "Win10 Ribbon UI", selecting "Open in new tab" on a special folder such as "Contacts" fails to show the command bar normally seen for this folder.  The command bar appears when creating a entirely new window, or when changing the window view to "Contacts", but not on a new tab.

Hey Tihiy, this only applies to shutdown option changes in an RDP session, but the button will not follow the change.  I tried adding the 'noclose' registry entry as well.  The first screenshot is my home machine, logged in locally.  The second is the RDP session for my work computer.  The same applies with 2 other servers, one being a clean install of Windows and SAB.local.png.049556532a80c35cd57267b51395653f.png

rdp.png.c66ba1c2a346cae2ce7d20758b112314.png

I have a bug that my either one of my WiFi, Sound, or Battery icon got hidden inside this white thing. I'm on SAB v3.6.5 & Windows 11 22H2 (22621.1778). Anybody know how to fix this?

SAB bug.png

6 hours ago, donzafir said:

I have a bug that my either one of my WiFi, Sound, or Battery icon got hidden inside this white thing. I'm on SAB v3.6.5 & Windows 11 22H2 (22621.1778). Anybody know how to fix this?

SAB bug.png

Dude what app is this?

SABbug.png.41aeaf7a671eae1c03a52ae067816919.png

It has been mentionned before, but with SAB 3.6.3 to 3.6.5 installed, the window title bar text gets bigger in several applications (as discussed on elevenforum)

image.png.067564ee29b39c20b423b69b373f7102.png

In SAB 3.6.3, 'Use new font' was not ticked, and changing 'Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics' fixed the problem only temporarily.
After reverting back to SAB 3.6.2, the problem did not reappeared.

Any chance to fix this in a next version ?

On 4/6/2023 at 2:29 PM, Fullstack said:

[...] all my windows titles font size became bigger and bigger (see 1st attached screenshot). [...]

On 4/12/2023 at 8:12 PM, JakubDriver said:

[...] StartAllBack 3.6.3 enabled the download window is huge when StartAllBack 3.6.3 is disabled the download window is smaller [...]
Revert to 3.6.2 all is well

On 4/13/2023 at 3:30 PM, JFX said:

Firefox download windows, show the same problem as growing titlebars here.
A sudden jump of NONCLIENTMETRICS caption font from -12 to -16.

On 4/18/2023 at 2:13 PM, barchee said:

[...] I do experience this bug as well [...] and it affects classic applications' titles as well:
I occasionally get it after restoring my laptop after hibernation.[...]

16 hours ago, JakubDriver said:

Dude what app is this?

Yes, it's NetSpeedMonitor by FlorianGilles (website is down, but it was https://floriangilles.com/software/netspeedmonitor. You can download it from Cnet). It's a toolbar app, one of the only reasons I installed StartAllBack. The other reason being BatteryBar, I like seeing my battery percentage/time left at a glance. If you don't use StartAllBack, I found TrafficMonitor by zhongyang219 on GitHub works flawlessly on vanilla Windows 11. It has an option to dock in the taskbar, almost identical to NetSpeedMonitor. But I use NetSpeedMonitor because it doesn't require a running program on system tray since it's a toolbar app just like BatteryBar.

ERROR taskbar background  after moving window on another monitor. 

SAB 3..6..5, setting taskbar segments, autohide taskbar, default taskbar style , W11 22H2 22624.1755

When I move app on another monitor taskbar background corrupts.

@Tihiy please any solution? THNX

Edited by Mikaelo

3 minutes ago, Mikaelo said:

NetSpeedMonitor by FlorianGilles is not possible to install on W11 22H2 :-(.  

You can! Just run the installer with "Previous Windows Version" in the Compatibility tab in Properties of the .exe/.msi

3 minutes ago, donzafir said:

You can! Just run the installer with "Previous Windows Version" in the Compatibility tab in Properties of the .exe/.msi

GREAT !!. That works :thumbup. THNX

Traffic Monitor is the way to go! DU Meter costs an obscene amount of money. Traffic Monitor is open source, actively developed and can show basic hardware stats ie. CPU, GPU, Mobo temps, resource usage etc. It's a much more comprehensive tool. It also works with the native Win 11 taskbar if you choose to torture yourself. I suggest running the latest pre release build as it fixes an issue with the taskbar window being misaligned with the stock Win 11 taskbar.

https://github.com/zhongyang219/TrafficMonitor/actions?query=workflow:"Release+CI"

Edited by mackid1993