StartAllBack for Windows 11

Tihiy

r

On 4/12/2023 at 11:56 PM, Tihiy said:

That's most insane bul***** I've ever heard

Except it is literally not. I do experience this bug as well (in fact, I experience it right now, just too lazy to reboot Windows to fix it), and it affects classic applications' titles as well:

600671664_.thumb.png.e0e124ecc471e540ce415f08e3cead60.png

I occasionally get it after restoring my laptop after hibernation. It also happens more often if Windows hibernated because the laptop ran out of battery, or if I boot into Linux when Windows is hibernated (even if I do not mount Windows partitions in Linux!)

I'm not sure whether SAB or new W11 builds (I'm running 22623.1095) are to blame, though. I only remember it never happened until 3.6.x, and it started to happen times often after I installed GRUB. I also use 125% scaling on Windows, and I haven't tested whether the problem persists on 100% scaling or not.

5 hours ago, barchee said:

r

Except it is literally not. I do experience this bug as well (in fact, I experience it right now, just too lazy to reboot Windows to fix it), and it affects classic applications' titles as well:

600671664_.thumb.png.e0e124ecc471e540ce415f08e3cead60.png

I occasionally get it after restoring my laptop after hibernation. It also happens more often if Windows hibernated because the laptop ran out of battery, or if I boot into Linux when Windows is hibernated (even if I do not mount Windows partitions in Linux!)

I'm not sure whether SAB or new W11 builds (I'm running 22623.1095) are to blame, though. I only remember it never happened until 3.6.x, and it started to happen times often after I installed GRUB. I also use 125% scaling on Windows, and I haven't tested whether the problem persists on 100% scaling or not.

Same for me, it happens randomly and it's on a desktop.

On 4/12/2023 at 8:12 PM, JakubDriver said:

Hi Tihiy
Firefox 112.0 and StartAllBack 3.6.3 enabled the download window is huge when StartAllBack 3.6.3 is disabled the download window is smaller. The system set up new Windows 11 22623.1325.
Revert to 3.6.2 all is well. Regards

Zrzut ekranu-1.jpg

Zrzut ekranu-2.jpg

Zrzut ekranu-3.jpg

Zrzut ekranu-3.jpg

I went back to Windows 11 Version 22H2 22621.1555 still the same

@Manoes It's not just Explorer. It's most programs that I use, though much more position than size. Is that related to SaB though? If so, I didn't realize that, but I also haven't tested without it. Using this makes it less of a hassle:

https://github.com/caoyue/WindowResizer

I wish we had something similar for the tray icons all being hidden with each build upgrade. I've been experimenting with backing up and restoring these two areas, but no joy so far. I have no idea if it's even valid to do this between builds:

HKCU\Control Panel\NotifyIconSettings

HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\TrayNotify

On the good news front, SaB 3.6.4 has an unannounced feature: it doesn't throw a build warning (i.e. disabling itself and making you re-enable) for 23xxx anymore.

Hello developers, after upgrading the latest canary version, it cannot be used, and it crashes when opening the explorer.exe.Then back to the previous version and back to normal.

Edited by FW27623

21 hours ago, Manoes said:

It is very unfortuante the Explorer does not remember the size and position of its window when we restart the OS. -_-

32 minutes ago, Manoes said:

Explorer Win 10 Icons shows gray box icons

2023-04-20_16h04_29.png.3ed93a2149dc66429a15ea1659a056a9.png

All these are fixed by reverting back to Older version 3.3.5.4345 But the update message is annoying. can not The turn off notification for SAB :realmad:
2023-04-20_17h57_46.png.fcb2235332a0aef0a76cafa85b7d9a51.png

Edited by Manoes

@Manoes Wow, so you figured out that reverting to a build from 7 April 2022 (!) stops that window position problem from being one? Not sure how you did that, but I guess that's one way of showing SaB's involvement. I can't remember when the problem started, exactly, but a year ago is reasonable, though if you said two years ago, I might think that reasonable too. It's been too long either way.

@rseiler The window positions problem (Explorers keeps restored window automatically when we restart the windows os) started before 4-5 months after updated the SAB.
and the Explorer Ribbon UI icon all grayed even we have not highlighted.
Actually the explorer Ribbon UI icon should be highlighted only when we move the cursor like this
2023-04-20_22h35_34.png.dd0240acc9adee5050d66193497ac8e2.png

Instead of the it showed like this (all selected)
2023-04-20_16h04_29.png.5e581aa8c906f72f7aa6f43973944f4c.png

I'm having an issue with the latest version. I installed it and it seemed to go fine, it forced me to install 'for everyone', which is fine, but after installation the old version was still there and telling me to update.

I restarted and tried again a couple times running as administrator too, but the old version stays?

I installed it fine on the hidden windows Admin account. I tried uninstalling it from my (also admin account), then reinstalling it using the latest file, but it's still the old version and telling me to upgrade..? 

I am running windows 11 build 22H2 22621.1555 Enterprise

Looks like there are other issues with it so maybe I'm best just waiting until the next version.

Edited by paradox