StartAllBack for Windows 11

Tihiy

Hey Tihiy, just wanted to say thanks for this awesome tool! Over the years ever since startisback's early days, it's been fantastic to use and I honestly can't understand how anyone can use Windows without it anymore.

With all the updates since SAB's release, the program has become extremely stable and feature rich and you've implemented basically everything there is to implement with the merge of OldNewExplorer, in bringing things up to usable standards, providing a very complete package.

Now if I may, I'm really curious, are there any major or minor plans or features you're planning to add to SAB? How do you work? Is list you work from? Or is it more so that you come up with the ideas on the fly? Are you planning major changes? Or will you focus on smaller components and bug fixes? For the most part it seems you've basically nailed down everything and always come up with solutions to mostly any request, it all seems to just work, and work extremely well at that. Sometimes I just forget this isn't native in Windows with how well it integrates, looks and behaves even after major updates. Anyway, this wasn't a request, I was just really curious.

Either way, keep up the good work and thanks for maintaining SAB constantly, I genuinely appreciate all your work even if it'd only be bug fixes or updates to work on newer builds, great work man! Thanks for making modern day Windows usable.

2 hours ago, JakubDriver said:

Firefox 112.0 and StartAllBack 3.6.3 enabled the download window is huge when StartAllBack 3.6.3 is disabled the download window is smaller. The system set up new Windows 11 22623.1325.
Revert to 3.6.2 all is well.

That's most insane bul***** I've ever heard

6 minutes ago, Tihiy said:

That's most insane bul***** I've ever heard

I've got some more insane bugs, but they're not SaB related (the most annoying being certain programs freezing during startup if my e-mail client is running).

7 hours ago, JakubDriver said:

Hi Tihiy
....The system set up new Windows 11 22623.1325. The new :lol: 22623 version is dead 

The latest beta would be the new 22624.1546 

7 hours ago, JakubDriver said:

Edited by Vader

Firefox download windows, show the same problem as growing titlebars here.

A sudden jump of NONCLIENTMETRICS caption font from -12 to -16.
Programs that draw their own title like VMware Workstation will be the first that show big titles.
At some point DWM picks this up and all titlebars will be drawn with big fonts.

Don't know if it's related to SAB, but I'm seeing this since October 2021,
so it has nothing to do with a specific version.

15 hours ago, Vader said:

Hi Tihiy
....The system set up new Windows 11 22623.1325. The new :lol: 22623 version is dead 

The latest beta would be the new 22624.1546 

Please don't laugh at me, I wrote what version I use and installed clean, not what is the latest

Edited by JakubDriver

22 hours ago, TheInvoker said:

how do i stop the request for updating to a new version?

i have 3.4.4 and i prefer this to last because i saw that last version changes  netwiork icon (no more BT menu)

You can't and shouldn't. What's the menu you mean?

StartAllBack 3.6.4

- Automatic updates

- Mute with middle-click on volume taskbar icon

- Replaced 'Connect To' with 'Network Connections'

- Dark mode Alt-F4 shutdown dialog

- Win-X menu won't show if 'Disable context menus for taskbar' GPO is on

- Changed settings search to prefer matching name

- Added quick setting to enable/disable alphabet separators in All Programs context menu

- Added cringe taskbar tutorial video

- [Beta/Dev] Fixed Win key not opening classic start menu

- Fixed property sheet tabs unpainted in some cases

- Fixed crash when interacting with deleted modern app shortcuts

Edited by Tihiy

3 hours ago, Tihiy said:

You can't and shouldn't. What's the menu you mean?

let me decide what i want and i what i don't want

This...when i updated, months ago, it was gone. so i never considered to update

i don't remember what the network icon was showing, i only know i didn't have the cards (it can be customized) anymore

Senza titolo.jpg

Great work @Tihiy I remember you from the Revolutions Pack days :D

I've just tried StartAllBack after using ExplorerPatcher for a while (also good stuff) and immediately bought a license, it makes Windows 11 look like Windows 11 while actually being useful!

Just one thing I've noticed:

- Is there a way to change StartAllBack Settings' language? Couldn't find an option for it and it is forced with the currently set locale.

59 minutes ago, TheInvoker said:

let me decide what i want and i what i don't want

This...when i updated, months ago, it was gone. so i never considered to update

i don't remember what the network icon was showing, i only know i didn't have the cards (it can be customized) anymore

Senza titolo.jpg

1. You won't be able to update Windows as SAB needs to be continually maintained and updated to ensure compatibility with the constant backend changes Microsoft makes. 

2. By not updating Windows you open yourself up to security vulnerabilities. 

3. If you don't care about security issues stop complaining on here and just run Windows 7. Otherwise you will need to patch SAB in order to maintain compatibility with Windows. This isn't about you doing what you want, it's about the ability for the software you use to actually function. If you like it when explorer continually crashes and locks your system up then by all means continue to use 3.4.4. 

Edited by mackid1993

On 4/14/2023 at 7:28 AM, TheInvoker said:

how do i stop the request for updating to a new version?

4 hours ago, Tihiy said:

You can't and shouldn't.

Is the same mechanism used for the build compatibility check, which results in SaB being disabled, the boot halted, and then the user being required to answer a question about whether they really want to run SaB?

If so, then "can't" would answer that question, too. If not, the question of whether there's a way to prevent the above remains.

We don't even know what is the issue, TheInvoker should explain it clearly. Is it about the network icon not showing the Windows 11 Bluetooth menu? It is showing it if the taskbar icons are set to Windows 11 or Windows 7 menus.