StartAllBack for Windows 11

Tihiy

Is it expected that SaB 3.6.3 should display a compatibility opt-in warning message after a build upgrade to 23xxx (seen with 23424)? If so, is there a way to make it just opt-in by default and not ask? It's probably warranted for 25xxx but arguably not 23xxx.

Though come to think of it, it didn't happen for earlier 23xxx, as I'd never seen this before, which makes me wonder which behavior is intended.

Also, the timing of it, which was pretty early in the boot, may have contributed to the fact that the keyboard didn't work until after another reboot. Might have been a fluke, but I'd never seen that before either.

I'm not sure what 9/10 means, but yes, I'm talking about the SaB dialog that comes up very early after a new build install warning you about running it and essentially requiring you to opt-in if you want to run it. If that was meant to happen, it should have happened when going from 23403 to 23419, too. It definitely did not then, and that was just a week ago.

In the past I used Classic OpenShell (Classic Shell) which is now on GIthub. 

When I used W10, I had with minimal issues with it. With W11 that changed and OpenShell is no longer supported to work as intended without additional hacks. 

Serious question here (please refrain from gaslighting please):

Will there ever be a STABLE release of StartAllBack which will remain stable whether you choose to use Windows 7, or 8 theme AND where it works without any glitches AND it and won't drive Windows Reliability Monitor "insane" with errors?  

Edited by Hmm888

8 hours ago, Hmm888 said:

Will there ever be a STABLE release of StartAllBack which will remain stable whether you choose to use Windows 7, or 8 theme AND where it works without any glitches AND it and won't drive Windows Reliability Monitor "insane" with errors?  

As long as you use a stable version of Windows, this is already true. There's no point in supporting dev versions, they're too much in flux.

Looking at the scheduled task StartAllBack created, it appears to be missing a trigger:

image.thumb.png.c231a003fa54c2da7a0999ea464bc1bf.png

The task was also created to run under my user account – wouldn't it make more sense to run it as SYSTEM?

Could we have non Aero.msstyles patching as an option in the settings? I use a custom theme that's named differently but I liked the mods SaB applied. Or should I just rename my theme?

Hi Tihiy
Firefox 112.0 and StartAllBack 3.6.3 enabled the download window is huge when StartAllBack 3.6.3 is disabled the download window is smaller. The system set up new Windows 11 22623.1325.
Revert to 3.6.2 all is well. Regards

Zrzut ekranu-1.jpg

Zrzut ekranu-2.jpg

Zrzut ekranu-3.jpg

Zrzut ekranu-3.jpg

Edited by JakubDriver