StartAllBack for Windows 11

Tihiy

Yes, I had the same idea. Finding where it is shouldn't be too hard.

I'm beginning to wonder now if I was actually using SaB back when I was doing build updates every week (before recently, I mean), and perhaps I wasn't (time flies), which wouldn't make this a recent change at all.

4 hours ago, Guardian452 said:

would it be possible to intergrate the fuctionality from rude window fixer into startisallback

https://github.com/dechamps/RudeWindowFixer

even on the latest release it seems microsoft still can't sort out the always on top taskbar behavior 

Do you have a scenario where it helps?

9 hours ago, Tihiy said:

Do you have a scenario where it helps?

I use it every day because without it Maxmised Windows bury the taskbar the primary offender for me is chrome / nvidias geforce experience thing 

I tried various registery hacks to solve it but the rudewindow fixer is the most reliable for me 

from reading the git the underlaying issue doesn't impact all systems / or software the same  and the bug report for it on the insider hub is just mia .... sigh 

running it stand alone is not a big deal BUT its just one more addional process with its hand in the shell and just anouther schduled task lol 

Edited by Guardian452

Hi, I'm loving StartAllBack but found a likely bug:

I turned off the taskbar search button in Windows settings (Settings -> Personalisation -> Taskbar -> Taskbar items) because I use a different search utility.

But when I try to use StartAllBack 'Use enhanced classic taskbar', the search button appears on the taskbar regardless; all it does is change the magnifying glass icon.

This is on Windows 11 build 22621.1413, using StartAllBack 3.6.3. Thanks!

Noticed with the latest Windows Beta update (22624.1470) but it could have been a bit before that, hitting the Windows key on my keyboard brings up the Windows 11 start menu but clicking on the start menu button brings up the correct one set via StartAllBack. Anyone else notice this?

I'm on StartAllBack version 3.6.3

Edited by Lurick
Add version

5 hours ago, Lurick said:

Noticed with the latest Windows Beta update (22624.1470) but it could have been a bit before that, hitting the Windows key on my keyboard brings up the Windows 11 start menu but clicking on the start menu button brings up the correct one set via StartAllBack. Anyone else notice this?

I'm on StartAllBack version 3.6.3

Hi, the problem you describe has existed since update > 22624.1470 Before that everything was "normal"

14 hours ago, Vader said:

Hi, the problem you describe has existed since update > 22624.1470 Before that everything was "normal"

Yup, I confirmed later after posting that it appears once updating to .1470 on another machine as well that worked fine before that.

Hello, 1st post here since I never had any issues with using StartisBack since Windows 8 days. I am currently using the StartAllBack latest *stable* version available to me, v.3.6.3 with Win11 22H2 (OS Build 22621.1413) and noticed some issues 2nd day since brand new fresh windows install with the search bar integration into the taskbar. 

I usually don't use the search bar and completely hide it, but with the latest AI /Bing integrations search is actually very usable and worth it imho, when I tried it first - bottom/standard positioning it loaded ok with icon.icon and label and full bar search... the only times it stopped from working the same way when I positioned the taskbar in any other position/ left, right or up.

The same behaviour since yesterday could be observed with the bottom taskbar only showing the "icon layout" , icon and label and full search bar not showing/updating with the software. Would be great it this can be investigated/replicated with a possible fix soon.

new.jpg

Hello,
I am using Win11 22H2. Originally, Taskbar settings enable access to Search Icon and Search Box settings (see attached image).

Since I installed the latest version StartAllBack 3.6.3, the Search Box settings in the taskbar is no longer available. However, I seem to have seen in the Windows Personalisation > Taskbar settings an additional option of [Search]: Hide, Show Button, Show Button+Box. Unfortunately, I can't find it.

Anyone can help how to activate Search Box next to Search Button in the Taskbar?
Regards

Taskbar Settings.jpg

StartAllBack.jpg

Taskbar with NO search box.jpg

Personalisation Taskbar.jpg