StartAllBack for Windows 11

Tihiy

StartAllBack 3.6.2

- Alphabet markers shown in All Programs when 'Override sort order = No Preference'

- Support for modern app folders (ex. Sysinternals Suite)

- Added back ClearType to property sheets

- Dark mode BarrierPage

- Some high contrast fixes

- Scaling improvements for immersive menu / start menu

- New Safe to Remove hardware icon

- Bluetooth icons responds to dark/light switches

- Fixed colorisation with extreme colors

- Lighted up dark item colors

- Support for 25309 XAML changes

On 3/2/2023 at 2:18 PM, OedoSoldier said:

I looked too quickly :D
I'm looking for an option, soft, or something else to have the title bar of the color chosen in the Windows theme for explorer with tabs but just the title bar (as well as for the new Notepad with tabs)
I don't like this "mica" (if that's it)

I was considering purchasing StartAllBack, however, during the free trial, I did not find any option to enable Windows 10 start menu which made me very disappointed and deterred from buying a license :no:. Is it possible to add Windows 10 start menu support to StartAllBack?

5 minutes ago, helmutcheese said:

It is possible todays new build is messing with ESET as it wants to delete most of my App exe on starup due to a change in this bellow:

You got that the wrong way around son.

Submit it a report to ESET, this is Antivirus/Anti-Malware 101.

Edited by Ryrynz

2 hours ago, sapron said:

I was considering purchasing StartAllBack, however, during the free trial, I did not find any option to enable Windows 10 start menu which made me very disappointed and deterred from buying a license :no:. Is it possible to add Windows 10 start menu support to StartAllBack?

There is a "Kinda 10" option as a theme you can select.

image.png.2db0945e03215f044903176f276559c9.png

7 hours ago, Ryrynz said:

There is a "Kinda 10" option as a theme you can select.

image.png.2db0945e03215f044903176f276559c9.png

Yes, but this does not enable Windows 10 start menu, but places Windows 7 start menu in Fluent design style. I find Windows 10 start menu with tiles much better and much more convenient to use than Windows 7 start menu.

1 hour ago, sapron said:

Yes, but this does not enable Windows 10 start menu, but places Windows 7 start menu in Fluent design style. I find Windows 10 start menu with tiles much better and much more convenient to use than Windows 7 start menu.

As far as I know there isn't any third-party application that can re-enable the Windows 10 menu with tiles. The function itself doesn't seem to exist in the OS anymore and replicating it seems hard.

2 hours ago, SkyySX said:

As far as I know there isn't any third-party application that can re-enable the Windows 10 menu with tiles. The function itself doesn't seem to exist in the OS anymore and replicating it seems hard.

Start11 from Stardock and Explorer Patcher from Valentin-Gabriel Radu can re-enable Windows 10 start menu with tiles. But they do not have a lot of cool features which are present in StartAllBack.

2 hours ago, SkyySX said:

Also, here are more details to clarify the issue.

Windows 10 start menu exists in Windows 11, but it does not function correctly. Valentin-Gabriel Radu's Explorer Patcher enables a built-in start menu as well as it does appropriate changes to the system which makes it to detect Windows 10 start menu and open it. Start11 has its own completely replicated Windows 10 styled menu which does not depend on the built-in system start menu.

One of possible solutions would be install StartAllBack next to Explorer Patcher or Start11... I tried it, and after this the system crashed. The reason is that StartAllBack cannot exist together with other Windows patchers, such as Start11 or Explorer Patcher, which makes it impossible to use Windows 10 start menu with StartAllBack. So why StartAllBack still does not have its own Windows 10 styled menu?..

Edited by sapron

9 hours ago, helmutcheese said:

From ESET Staff:

"The files should no longer be detected. They were not signed, were new (about a week old) and very few users had them on their machines."

No kidding. Everyone here knows how defintions work, maybe except for you.

21 hours ago, sapron said:

Also, here are more details to clarify the issue.

Windows 10 start menu exists in Windows 11, but it does not function correctly. Valentin-Gabriel Radu's Explorer Patcher enables a built-in start menu as well as it does appropriate changes to the system which makes it to detect Windows 10 start menu and open it. Start11 has its own completely replicated Windows 10 styled menu which does not depend on the built-in system start menu.

One of possible solutions would be install StartAllBack next to Explorer Patcher or Start11... I tried it, and after this the system crashed. The reason is that StartAllBack cannot exist together with other Windows patchers, such as Start11 or Explorer Patcher, which makes it impossible to use Windows 10 start menu with StartAllBack. So why StartAllBack still does not have its own Windows 10 styled menu?..

Hmm interesting, but do both solutions also re-enable Live-Tiles? I tried Start 11 before and it could replicate the Windows 10 menu but Live-Tiles weren't functional, is Explorer Patcher different here?