- 22H2: personal folders are no longer opened under This PC folder

- 22H2: fixed colored explorer caption bars

- 22H2: support toggling touch keyboard taskbar button on the fly

- 22H2: fixed touch optimisation misbehaving

- Beta: restored Win+N, Win+A hotkeys

- Fixed tooltips issues with 3.5.6

7 minutes ago, Tihiy said:

I can't clearly reproduce problem without SAB, so it's tough to say

To reproduce the problem, be sure to test with a folder that contains subfolders and be sure to check the option "Also apply this template to all subfolders".

If you don't check that option, File Explorer will successfully set the folder type for one level. The issue is with setting the folder type for an entire folder tree. When tested that way, I can reproduce the issue on any Windows 11 computer with a reasonably current build. It's possible that this issue does not exist with very early Windows 11 builds, but the first reports on feedback hub go back about a year now.

Also, if testing the issue on removable media, be sure that the drive is mounting as type "USB", not type "Local Disk".

For drives that are type "Local disk" you should still see the issue that you cannot override the folder type for an entire folder tree. That is, File Explorer's automatic folder type discovery will keep resetting the folders back to its "discovered" (aka "sniffed") type. For example, try setting a folder tree containing images to type Documents, Music, or General items on a a fixed disk. File Explorer will happily do that on Windows 10. It won't do it on Windows 11 (at least not for ALL the subfolders).

2 hours ago, Tihiy said:

- 22H2: fixed touch optimisation misbehaving

@Tihiy thank you for this one! As an owner of a Surface laptop studio, the taskbar getting all out of whack when switching modes was getting annoying!! Thanks for the fix!! Great updates as always!

4 hours ago, LesFerch said:

To reproduce the problem, be sure to test with a folder that contains subfolders and be sure to check the option "Also apply this template to all subfolders".

Yeah. There is no fix in particular, but a deficiency of new Windows 11 command bar which is not present with 10/7 explorer frame styles. It still bugs on SAB with 11 style.

6 hours ago, Tihiy said:

Yeah. There is no fix in particular, but a deficiency of new Windows 11 command bar which is not present with 10/7 explorer frame styles. It still bugs on SAB with 11 style.

I see. So, when I select the "Win10 Ribbon UI" or "Win7 Command Bar" what actually changes in Windows 11? Is it just registry settings or is there more to it, such as some code injection?

Edited by LesFerch

Hello

I have a question, Are you going to bring back "Soft Blur" for the "customize taskbar and start menu" section? because Windows 11 supports both Soft Blur and Acrylic Blur. Heavy blur like Acrylic doesn't very look nice. You removed soft blur because you said windows 11 didn't support this blur from some versions. But now they support it.

2022-12-27_112852.jpg

41 minutes ago, aramrahgozar said:

Yes, soft blur is present but buggy in 22000 and removed in 22H2. It's not coming back as is

Edited by Tihiy

One problem not fixed. 

Grateful  for StartAllBack. I was panicked when I inadvertently updated Win 11 to22H2 but the update fixed  almost everything.  But before updating to 22H2, StartAllBack enabled me to Have a vertical taskbar on my widescreen monitor but have have  a horizontal task bar at the bottom of my smaller 4x5 monitor.  Now I can only get vertical or horizontal. The same on both monitors. Is there a way to get the old configuration back?

Thanks

I could not be without SiB. Genius software.

Re-loaded W11 recently and saw - briefly - nice rounded ends on the taskbar. Matched other UI elements nicely.

However, after some point in the W11 restart / loading drivers / apps reboot process the taskbar reverted to square ends

I uninstalled / re-installed, but still square ends. No biggie, but it looked really good for a short time and it seems to be one of the new features, so just a report.

Using triple monitor setup on Gigabyte 1060 GPU, ASUS Z890-A MB with i5 12600K CPU

W11 Pro 22H2 build 22621.963 Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22638.1000.0

Happy New Year / ZW

On 12/26/2022 at 7:09 PM, Tihiy said:

- 22H2: fixed colored explorer caption bars

Thanks for that, but what about the Run and SHFileOperation dialogs.
On build 22000 SAB fixed them, too.