StartAllBack for Windows 11

Tihiy

Not sure if there are already options that I did not find or if it would be possible to add something for that if possible, but there are a few things regarding the taskbar that would help me.

1) When taskbar is set to auto-hide, there is still a pixel strip visible at the bottom of the screen. I found suggestions to use a 3rd-party startbar (TranslucentTB) to fix that, but I'm not sure those would work fine together with StartAllBack?

2) Have the taskbar only on a secondary display.

3) Configure taskbar per display (e.g. auto hide on primary display but have it always visible on secondary)

Is any of this already possible, or could be added easily?

Thanks
jaxxx

EDIT: to clarify 1), the taskbar itself does not have a strip, but it is wherever a program tab on the bar is. I'm using the Plain8 style. On default style there is only a strip at the location of the active program tab.

Edited by jaxxx

20 hours ago, jaxxx said:

Not sure if there are already options that I did not find or if it would be possible to add something for that if possible, but there are a few things regarding the taskbar that would help me.

1) When taskbar is set to auto-hide, there is still a pixel strip visible at the bottom of the screen. I found suggestions to use a 3rd-party startbar (TranslucentTB) to fix that, but I'm not sure those would work fine together with StartAllBack?

2) Have the taskbar only on a secondary display.

3) Configure taskbar per display (e.g. auto hide on primary display but have it always visible on secondary)

Is any of this already possible, or could be added easily?

Thanks
jaxxx

EDIT: to clarify 1), the taskbar itself does not have a strip, but it is wherever a program tab on the bar is. I'm using the Plain8 style. On default style there is only a strip at the location of the active program tab.

Ok, figured out how to do 2), by unlocking the task bar in its context menu and simply dragging it to the other display.

Still, the optimal case for me would be to have a always-visible task bar on my second display and an auto-hide task bar that leaves no trace when hidden on my primary display.
Reason is that primary is an OLED where all static content shold be avoided.

Also would it be possible to move the location of the start menu independent from the taskbar? E.g. have taskbar on the secondary display, but open the start menu on the primary display where it would be if the taskbar were still there?

On 11/6/2022 at 12:02 AM, SomewhereNowhere said:

i noticed that enabling the windows 10 action center by creating the dword "UseLiteLayout" 1 in "HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Windows/Current Version/Control Center/" on latest 22621 with startallback the 10 wifi flyout buttons disappear thus make them unclickable

1.png

2.png

Any news about this bug being fixed?

Edited by SomewhereNowhere

When installing the latest version, I'm running the latest Windows 11 Beta build(22623.1020), I get an installation error message that says " Failed to set data for `CustomActivator` "

Can anyone shed some light on what this means? I've been Googling and searching this post, but I haven't found anything. :worship:

Edit: Odd enough, the fix was just to click the install for everyone button instead of just me... Well, now maybe if someone else has the issue, they know, lmao.

Edited by xCNub

9 hours ago, Prtoy said:

@Tihiy

Hi, any reaction please about this issue. Is it possible to implement?

Also in 22H2 new Navigation Pane hasn't top margin. I think it is just a bug, but don't sure that Microsoft will fix it.

1 hour ago, cosma_sebastian said:

With latest update 22621.1028 i get black screen after log in. If i disable enhanced taskbar then i don't get black screen after i log in.

Same with 22623.1028 - shell doesn't start and desktop remains blank.  If I go to safe mode and uninstall StartAllBack then everything is okay.

StartAllBack 3.5.6

- 22H2: fixed classic taskbar not working

- !Dev: fixed crashes due to Windows 11 FindWindow api broken

- Fixed insertion mark not visible in start menu

- Fixed acrylic tooltips with crooked third-party styles

I have a very weird bug with StartAllBack. I've recently started to use its taskbar and whenever I connect to my PC remotely via Moonlight Game Streaming this language select panel appears:

grafik.png.fc8234bae04a7930c65b9ff68c9c94be.png

It also stays after I disconnect and will persist until the PC is rebooted. The strange thing is I don't have any other keyboard layouts other than German set in Windows yet suddenly English appears twice. This does not happen with the native Windows 11 Taskbar and Moonlight. I'm running build 22621.900 and SaB 3.5.6. Any insight on this?

On 12/7/2022 at 7:51 PM, SkyySX said:

I have a very weird bug with StartAllBack. I've recently started to use its taskbar and whenever I connect to my PC remotely via Moonlight Game Streaming this language select panel appears:

grafik.png.fc8234bae04a7930c65b9ff68c9c94be.png

It also stays after I disconnect and will persist until the PC is rebooted. The strange thing is I don't have any other keyboard layouts other than German set in Windows yet suddenly English appears twice. This does not happen with the native Windows 11 Taskbar and Moonlight. I'm running build 22621.900 and SaB 3.5.6. Any insight on this?

I'm having the same issue, but I thought it was a WIn11 issue.... is StartAllBack?

The work around is to toggle the "Use the desktop language bar when it's available" setting in Keyboard settings.

I had a couple of really bad days trying to figure out what happened and why I was getting black screen, until I reset my laptop and then I see this on the elevenforum.com about StartAll Back is the culprit: https://www.elevenforum.com/t/kb5021866-windows-11-insider-beta-build-22621-1028-and-22623-1028-dec-6.10979/post-229976

Are there any safeguards against something like this happening again in the future?

Edited by oroboros74

18 hours ago, oroboros74 said:

I'm having the same issue, but I thought it was a WIn11 issue.... is StartAllBack?

The work around is to toggle the "Use the desktop language bar when it's available" setting in Keyboard settings.

Yeah it seems to be somehow related to the classic taskbar as it doesn't happen with the native one and I found out it's not just Moonlight but also the native Remote Desktop that triggers this. Thanks for the workaround, I enabled it now and will see what happens on my end :)