StartAllBack for Windows 11

Tihiy

On 11/8/2022 at 2:04 PM, useroot said:

@Tihiy I only use the taskbar, it works very well and is much better than the one that comes with w11, but there are a couple of things and bugs that should be improved and fixed :).

There are two bugs with dynamic transparency mode:
When File Explorer is maximized, the taskbar should be seen in only one segment, but you'll still see all three.

spacer.png

On the desktop, when you click Start, the taskbar becomes a single segment, when the correct thing would be to continue seeing three.

spacer.png

The corners of the segments look pixelated. If you look closely, it's not a screen resolution issue because the corners of the taskbar icons don't look pixelated.

spacer.png

That straight line is not aesthetic at all, if you could round it as it does by default windows 11 it would look much better.

spacer.png

So far I have not experienced any other problems. Not a single hitch or bug. It's amazing! Thanks, friend.

@useroot I agree with the aesthetic improvements you propose. @Tihiy, could you implement those improvements?

Hallo Leute, kann man vielleicht eine Einstellung machen, dass vorherige Ordnerfenster nach dem Neustart wiederhergestellt werden, denn bei mir  Win 11 22H2 

funktioniert das nicht mehr, ich weis nicht ob das überall so ist aber ich schätz mal das liegt an der Software !

lg ck880

11 hours ago, ck880 said:

Hallo Leute, kann man vielleicht eine Einstellung machen, dass vorherige Ordnerfenster nach dem Neustart wiederhergestellt werden, denn bei mir  Win 11 22H2 

funktioniert das nicht mehr, ich weis nicht ob das überall so ist aber ich schätz mal das liegt an der Software !

lg ck880

are you sure this option is enabled? it was automatically turned off for me when I updated to 22h2

1275056364_.png.c11c05949f6b3257ec6c18a8a4aa5f08.png

15 hours ago, ck880 said:

Yes it´s enabled !

Do you have crashes in explorer.exe? What Explorer style do you use? I can't reproduce it as is. There's a rare crash I've found reproducing this however.

7 hours ago, Tihiy said:

Do you have crashes in explorer.exe? What Explorer style do you use? I can't reproduce it as is. There's a rare crash I've found reproducing this however.

Yes but very rarely ! Windows 10 Ribbon UI resp. Kinda 10 ! 

Will you be able to bring back the old navigation pane in explorer as well?

EDIT: Ah, seems like I enabled it with vivetool at one point on this computer. Don't even remember. At least it's disable-able again but I dread if they make that ugly s*** the default.

Edited by BlakByte

On 11/16/2022 at 10:39 PM, BlakByte said:

Will you be able to bring back the old navigation pane in explorer as well?

EDIT: Ah, seems like I enabled it with vivetool at one point on this computer. Don't even remember. At least it's disable-able again but I dread if they make that ugly s*** the default.

Yes, I made a post about it a little while ago. Kinda weird it's not a function in SAB but still nice it's possible to revert it to a normal design

On 11/18/2022 at 11:20 AM, barchee said:

Yes, I made a post about it a little while ago. Kinda weird it's not a function in SAB but still nice it's possible to revert it to a normal design

I hope it remains possible to revert to it. I don't hate every change but I don't really see what the new navpane does well?

Also, I guess I didn't manually enable it with vivetool, since I saw it on a clients PC this week as well, along with the tabs in explorer - something I haven't seen on non of my 22H2 PC's. Not that I care particularly much for it.

I don't understand what you always have to criticize about SAB and what all doesn't work. I have had no problems for what feels like an eternity and I am currently running Windows 11 DEV Insider Build 25247.1000. Turn off your 1000 additional tools for the appearance of Windows, then SAB can also work reasonably. Here in Germany we have a saying that says: "Many cooks spoil the broth" Apart from that, Microsoft has been working for several weeks on a new taskbar that brings here and there from home already times problems with it. Before I activate SAB, I always deactivate all special functions that the taskbar may have activated so that it has a state like a new installation. Then only activate the SAB and possibly make changes

In case it's relevant, I noticed this crash, seemingly out of the blue and isolated in the sense that I don't recall it happening before:

Description
Faulting Application Path:    C:\Windows\explorer.exe

Problem signature
Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH
Application Name:    explorer.exe
Application Version:    10.0.22621.755
Application Timestamp:    bcd85d13
Fault Module Name:    StartAllBackX64.dll
Fault Module Version:    3.5.4.4550
Fault Module Timestamp:    636e2f35
Exception Code:    c0000005
Exception Offset:    0000000000044c26
OS Version:    10.0.22621.2.0.0.256.4
Locale ID:    1033
Additional Information 1:    2f14
Additional Information 2:    2f14026323dbac101795c3a7bf80623a
Additional Information 3:    135e
Additional Information 4:    135eafc6d7c5f6fdb2248552789ee43b

Hi @Tihiy

I'm using StartAllBack with W11 style and optimized taskbar (to put start menu on the side while keeping apps centered). Currently, enabling this option, enables the action/notification center button and also splits volume and wifi icons/flyouts.

Is possible to have an option to keep W11 style while using optimized taskbar? So we don't have the action/notification center button (clock opens this too) and volume and wifi icons/flyouts splitted.

Thanks in advance and have a nice day!

On 11/19/2022 at 6:54 PM, Kleine Eule 73 said:

I don't understand what you always have to criticize about SAB and what all doesn't work. I have had no problems for what feels like an eternity and I am currently running Windows 11 DEV Insider Build 25247.1000. Turn off your 1000 additional tools for the appearance of Windows, then SAB can also work reasonably. Here in Germany we have a saying that says: "Many cooks spoil the broth" Apart from that, Microsoft has been working for several weeks on a new taskbar that brings here and there from home already times problems with it. Before I activate SAB, I always deactivate all special functions that the taskbar may have activated so that it has a state like a new installation. Then only activate the SAB and possibly make changes

In the best of worlds "YES", but sometimes we have to use several software :D
For example, I (and others) always use ONE to have the "groups" option
Asked several times by several people if it is possible to integrate it into SAB but never had an answer :rolleyes: