StartAllBack for Windows 11

Tihiy

44 minutes ago, Mikaelo said:

Hi everybody, please any working solution for disabling taskbar thumbnails preview? I had used a 7+ Taskbar Tweaker for a long time but it causes the Explorer restarts. I don't used it. Reg hack doesn't work too.  GPE solution doesn't work for me - Win 22H2 22621.755. @Tihiy is it chance to implement this into SAB?

Thnx.

Please collect crash dumps and provide them for me / author.

I'm using 22H2, currently if I use SAB along with ExplorerPatcher and in EP I choose Windows 11 in Taskbar, SAB crashes whenever I click on any whitespace of the Start Menu, but it still working if I choose Windows 10 style. Is it possible to fix this bug so that I can still use Windows 11 style in EP?  

Sorry, I know that SAB is not compatible with EP and not recommended to install both of them, but I want to use Simple Window Switcher from EP.

@Tihiy I only use the taskbar, it works very well and is much better than the one that comes with w11, but there are a couple of things and bugs that should be improved and fixed :).

There are two bugs with dynamic transparency mode:
When File Explorer is maximized, the taskbar should be seen in only one segment, but you'll still see all three.

spacer.png

On the desktop, when you click Start, the taskbar becomes a single segment, when the correct thing would be to continue seeing three.

spacer.png

The corners of the segments look pixelated. If you look closely, it's not a screen resolution issue because the corners of the taskbar icons don't look pixelated.

spacer.png

That straight line is not aesthetic at all, if you could round it as it does by default windows 11 it would look much better.

spacer.png

So far I have not experienced any other problems. Not a single hitch or bug. It's amazing! Thanks, friend.

Edited by useroot

21 minutes ago, useroot said:

@Mikaelo Use winaero tweaker. It has an option to disable taskbar thumbnails.

Thnx @useroot for share tip. I have known WinAero Tweaker. It is super tool, but this REG hack work just for a while. Win probably rewrite the REG key value, I am not sure, but thumbnails are disabled just for several minutes.

9 hours ago, Tihiy said:

Please collect crash dumps and provide them for me / author.

@Tihiy is seems that works now ok. I have run 7+Taskbar Tweaker for today and it is OK so far. I will continue, I will see tomorrow. I haven't had it running for a while. Maybe some updates SAB or 7+TT correct it. But my question remains. Is there any chance to implement taskbar thumbnails disabling to the SAB? I have used SAB to make the taskbar more pleasant and useful. SAB is the best. No doubt. In any case, you have my huge thanks for your work!!

On 11/8/2022 at 10:18 PM, Mikaelo said:

@useroot OK? Huge thnx. I will test it!! 👍

I don't why, but WinAero Tweaker Taskbar thumbnails disabling, or resizing does not work for me. Set value are resetting at irregular intervals. 7+ Taskbar tweaker seems to work properly now. But finally, I updated GPE (I have Win 11 Home 22H2) and this solution works for now. I have no idea how to eventually monitor REG entries. I had used Process Monitor, but it is too complicated and confusing. Maybe because I don't know exactly what to monitor. I will trust that the GPE setting will work properly for some time. Maybe SAB implementation of this function?? @Tihiy pls 🙏

StartAllBack 3.5.4

- 22H2: fixed Recent Items name

- 22H2: fixed Explorer window not saving position

- 22H2: fixed Explorer window not affecting dynamic transparency

- Beta: fixed broken Task View / etc

- Beta: fixed Win+B hotkey

- Reimplemented network taskbar icon

- Crude support for flyout styling for separate 3rd party styles

- Fixed tooltips flashing black if animations are disabled

- Fixed possible crash when moving taskbar between displays

- Fixed Explorer not pinning/unpinning properly

On 11/8/2022 at 8:47 PM, Hikaru said:

I'm using 22H2, currently if I use SAB along with ExplorerPatcher and in EP I choose Windows 11 in Taskbar, SAB crashes whenever I click on any whitespace of the Start Menu, but it still working if I choose Windows 10 style. Is it possible to fix this bug so that I can still use Windows 11 style in EP?  

Sorry, I know that SAB is not compatible with EP and not recommended to install both of them, but I want to use Simple Window Switcher from EP.

Don't use explorer patcher. It cause the crash.

Found a very subtle visual glitch: with 125% scale, 7-styled navigation bar buttons become a little smaller after being clicked for the first and second time (third and following clicks don't change anything):

l.gif

r.gif