StartAllBack for Windows 11

Tihiy

14 hours ago, dantearata said:

So, what should I do? This issue is making me crazy.

I also want to add this is the exact behavior you would see in Windows 10. I can reproduce this exactly with one of my PWAs and if I disable SAB and instead use the Windows 10 taskbar ported from ExplorerPatcher the same behavior is observed. Your options are to hide taskbar labels, use Start11, or uninstall SAB. This is totally expected behavior and you cannot change it.

17 hours ago, dantearata said:

So, what should I do? This issue is making me crazy.

Geez man, it's default taskbar behaviour. Stop moaning about it, and complain to Microsoft for not allowing you to hide the damn profile picture inside the Edge icon.

Edited by BlakByte

21 minutes ago, BlakByte said:

Geez man, it's default taskbar behaviour. Stop moaning about it, and complain to Microsoft for not allowing you to hide the damn profile picture inside the Edge icon.

Thank you, Win 10 behaves the same way. Blame Microsoft and be thankful to Tihiy for making such a great piece of software that restores functionality to Win 11 faithfully.

50 minutes ago, mackid1993 said:

Thank you, Win 10 behaves the same way. Blame Microsoft and be thankful to Tihiy for making such a great piece of software that restores functionality to Win 11 faithfully.

It's so accurate to the real thing it must be reverse enginered. The fact that msstyles (albeit Win8 ones) work in it speaks for itself.

@Tihiy, any chance you'd consider adding the 'classic drive groupings' functionality that ExplorerPatcher has? I've been using both EB and SAB since I moved to Windows 11 but in 22H2 the incompatibilities are getting too much (plus they seemingly unf***ed alt+tab) so I've uninstalled EP.

Edited by BlakByte

6 minutes ago, BlakByte said:

It's so accurate to the real thing it must be reverse enginered. The fact that msstyles (albeit Win8 ones) work in it speaks for itself.

@Tihiy, any chance you'd consider adding the 'classic drive groupings' functionality that ExplorerPatcher has? I've been using both since I moved to Windows 11 but in 22H2 the incompatibilities are getting too much so I've uninstalled EP.

I have a feeling a lot of it is reverse engineered with a lot of customization to enable all of the different features. A lot of work has gone into this!

Hi @Tihiy

Just started using StartAllBack as soon as I installed W11. Awesome tool!

Would it be possible to add an option to set start menu to open to "All apps" by default? If possible without requiring us to enable start menu customization. This way one can keep the vanilla ux and enhance the usability.

Thanks in advance and have a nice day!

18 hours ago, BlakByte said:

@Tihiy, any chance you'd consider adding the 'classic drive groupings' functionality that ExplorerPatcher has? I've been using both EB and SAB since I moved to Windows 11 but in 22H2 the incompatibilities are getting too much (plus they seemingly unf***ed alt+tab) so I've uninstalled EP.

If you are talking about the option also present in ONE, I asked it quite a while ago, never got an answer :rolleyes:

Like the weird bug (or novelty of SAB), to add Powershell entries in the right click of the Start Menu while not present when SAB is uninstalled (this menu is custom), 
So this is not a new Windows behavior :D

On 10/18/2022 at 9:53 AM, SirKouga said:

I found a problem with the hotkeys Win + Tab and Alt + Tab, they don't work

Also having this issue, Win + B doesn't work either, these all stop working with StartAllBack 3.5.3 and Windows 11 22h2 22623.870

25 minutes ago, CoreParadox said:

Also having this issue, Win + B doesn't work either, these all stop working with StartAllBack 3.5.3 and Windows 11 22h2 22623.870

Please export HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\FeatureManagement here

On 10/24/2022 at 12:43 PM, guniens said:

Hi @Tihiy

Just started using StartAllBack as soon as I installed W11. Awesome tool!

Would it be possible to add an option to set start menu to open to "All apps" by default? If possible without requiring us to enable start menu customization. This way one can keep the vanilla ux and enhance the usability.

Thanks in advance and have a nice day!

See here:

1784832184_.thumb.png.d8dbc8506c187a95b9619a9f94679631.png

Unfortunately, it's not possible to remove the "< Back" button, and Jumplists will be unavailable (although I don't think anyone still uses them).

P.S. If you're willing to get the 10-ish Menu style, I recommend do this as well:

1671473370_.thumb.png.0ac7a9b6046843fd84467aeeffe15a42.png

On 10/19/2022 at 12:26 AM, barchee said:

Hi! After upgrading to 22H2, this weird margin started to appear every time I open Action Center with the taskbar set on the left. Any way to fix it?

1512410079_.png.d82b06483238b350282273a8a22688b9.png

Has anyone managed to solve this bug? SAB 3.5.3 didn't fix it for me.