StartAllBack for Windows 11

Tihiy

Hi Tihiy,

first of all I want to thank you for the great tool! Is there any chance to customize the "shutdown" button in RDP-Sessions. I'd like to be able to shutdown my computer in RDP-Sessions via shutdown button.

shutdown.JPG

15 hours ago, Tihiy said:

No idea. Can't distinguish what's going on on your screenshot.

Not really a lot to see of course, except that the system tray area is completely blank - as you can clearly see on the screenshot. No clock/date, no speaker icon or any other icons. Hovering over where the icons would have been does produce the usual popups, such as the volume is shown in a popup if you hover over the speaker icon - you just can't see where the icon is until the popup appears.

Hey Folks -- just wanted to drop a note to let the developer (Tihiy) know that there appears to be an issue with Pop-Up Notifications showing a "Blank" Window when HDR is enabled VS showing correctly when HDR is turned off.  For example -- when you hover your mouse over Networking, or Sound (Task bar -- bottom right) you get the "Blank" pop up as indicated in the screenshots.  If I uninstall Startallback -- or disable HDR then the issue disappears.  This has been happening since 3.3.7.  

Details

Windows 11

Build: Version 10.0.22000.613 or 21H2 (Production Release)

Fresh install of both Windows 11 and Startallback

20220502_160945.jpg.0c750f2a39fe89db4b12b86142ae3b6f.jpg20220502_161004.jpg.dfc4a611cd951c77f1742be825d965b9.jpg

10 hours ago, filament said:

I'd like to be able to shutdown my computer in RDP-Sessions via shutdown button.

Create "NoClose"=(DWORD)0 in HKCU\Software\StartAllBack

1 hour ago, newfieboy1983 said:

This has been happening since 3.3.7.  

What's that, we have 3.3.5 now. You don't have Fences?

Edited by Tihiy

3 hours ago, Tihiy said:

Sorry my mistake, I meant to type 3.3.4 (not 3.3.7).

Indeed I do have Fences -- I was using a combo of Fences + Startallback to get a clean desktop for my OLED (so I don't get burn in).  Is there a combability issue with Fences + Startallback + HDR (or some combo of that)?  I can pull logs, or anything else you might need.  Its not a big issue for me, just figured you might want to know.  

11 hours ago, Tihiy said:

There was no StartAllBack entry, only StartIsBack. But anyway, I created the DWORD value there and it works like a charm. Thanks!

StartAllBack 3.3.9c

https://s3.amazonaws.com/startisback/StartAllBack_3.3.9c_setup.exe

- Restyled Windows 7 command bar a bit

- Removed 'Include folder in library' context menu and command bar entries if libraries are not used

- Help buttons in Explorer now open StartAllBack Explorer Options

- Fixed Properties not visible in native Win+X in latest Beta builds

Hi, is there a way to restore the original bluetooth sistem tray icon the one next to the clock (white icon with the blue background)? Because when I install the app, the icon changes. Thank you

7 hours ago, deathyyz2112 said:

I like the original bluetooth icon, that's why, but if that is not a problem to you then I guess there 's no chance to change it

I hadn't realised that it could have been related to StartIsBack/StartAllBack, but on my W10 PC (w. StartIsBack) there is this systray icon that I cannot see because of its thin white contour (against my light grey background). Hovering the mouse pointer over it, it turns out it's the bluetooth devices. On my W11 laptop  (w. StartAllBack) the bluetooth devices icon is black and quite easy to see.

Is StartIsBack/StartAllBack indeed changing the systray icon of Bluetooth Devices or is this coming from a different source?

StartIsBack does not change bluetooth icon design (StartAllBack does). Bluetooth icon may come from different stack. Built-in one is pretty much useless anyway