StartAllBack for Windows 11

Tihiy

I'm now running full, paid, StartAllBack 3.1.2. I have my taskbar on the left edge of the screen.

When I click on the systray icons for wifi, battery, volume etc. they still open on the right hand side of the screen. Would it be possible to add a fix for this in StartAllBack?

It's especially annoying on an Ultrawide monitor, as the controls appear a long way away from where I clicked :D

2 hours ago, Tihiy said:

No, not with Win11 flyouts.

That's annoying, especially as even with the Win7 option, you still get the Win11 one for wifi. Is there a way to fix that?

I'm not sure if its the latest update for StartAllBack or the latest cumulative Win11 update (or both) but when navigating around in explorer now, there's lot of flickering going on in the top area.  Video showing problem:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JSXgxsucyKbQnKQjoSlHVrpjSnHf3Eiy/view?usp=sharing

I'm on SaB 3.1.2 and Win11 Pro with November's cumulative applied.

Hi there!

I'm just thinking my post was missed, maybe that's why no reply:

Is there a way where we can add a basic task schedule to change the color of the taskbar at a certain hour ?? 

Also, there's a small bug when changing the taskbar color to black in Win11, text remains black as well and can't see it.

Edited by AlinM

On 11/24/2021 at 10:11 PM, CompUser said:

Replacing the motherboard and CPU shouldn't have any effect on the programming installed on the HDD/SSD other than Windows (maybe Office if you have it because MS can be a bit sensitive). You will probably have to reactivate Windows, but even that's pretty easy, and is automatic if it's registered with a Microsoft account. (After doing the hardware upgrades, you might have to reboot and log in to your Microsoft account for the automatic actiivation to occur. If it doesn't activate, go to Settings>System>About>Product Key and Activation, select to activate by telephone, then switch to activation by text messaging when offered, and it's a pretty simple process.) If you do have Office, and have to reactivate it, you can do so from inside any of the Office applications by going to File>Account. It's then the same process as reactivating Windows. Of course, if you wipe the drive and start everything from scratch, all licensed software will have to be reactivated. I recently did these hardware upgrades on my desktop, had to reactivate both Windows and Office, but StartIsBack stayed registered. (I bought a new StartAllBack licenses for lmy desktop, laptop, and tablet anyway because it's so cheap.) Hopes this helps you.

Edited to add: If you need to reactivate Office, MS wll ask how many computers you have it installed on. Just say one and it should reactivate.

I don't use Office but Windows was easy to get up and running again and while my SaB didn't stay activated I could just enter my key again and it activated fine :)

I'm not sure if this was posted somewhere else or if it's a known issue, but i've noticed a small bug in the size of the taskbar preview.

When you hover a taskbar button the size of the preview is normal for a split second, and then it shrinks on the bottom side for a few pixels.

It's much more noticeable on previews that have buttons (eg. multimedia apps)

It only happens when the taskbar is set left or right,

sab_bug.png

Edited by RatePV

Hey there. Love the addon. 3.1.2 update must've fixed something that was unintended because the behavior settings work differently than 3.0.6. My favorite part was the transparency when you set centered taskbar icons and dynamic transparency. 3.0.6 keeps the whole taskbar transparent until you open a window and makes for a really clean idle desktop. As far as I can tell I can't make the new version behave like this without the background around the individual segments. Can you possibly add this back in? I would just buy it and disable the notification to update but that ability seems to be disabled. Thanks.

3.0.6.jpg.b2d85865d72334f639607009dbf0f973.jpg

Edited by JankyMouse
scuff