StartAllBack for Windows 11

Tihiy

On 11/19/2021 at 4:46 AM, Jorma said:

Feature request:

In [Taskbar > Tweak behavior and Superpowers > Combine taskbar buttons] you have 3 options:

• Always, hide labels
  • When taskbar is full
  • Never

Can you add the option "Never, hide labels"?

what do you think "Never" is?

unless you just want the square icons separate, that was never an option

Edited by SESNut

Hi there ! First of all I would like to express my appreciation for this software as it is the first and only software that can change the Taskbar in Windows 11 to show the labels of the applications that are opened, and that is why I purchased it without a glance. Thank you very much for your work.

Second I would like to report a small bug, if I change the color of the taskbar in "Advanced>Customize appearance" to pure black, the font remains black as well and I cannot see the clock, date or other icons in the system tray.

image.thumb.png.139b5751554cbca97fd1c25763bb42f8.png

Also, If it is possible, is the a way where we can add a basic task schedule to change the color of the taskbar a certain hour ?? I'm asking this because I already found a way to change Windows11 theme to "Dark" at a certain hour, and then back to "Light Theme"in the morning, and I was wondering if it is possible to do the same thing with SiB :) 

image.thumb.png.2e835716de9741550bec3198962ee7ce.png

If anyone is interested in changing the theme with Task Scheduler, here is the link: https://www.howtogeek.com/356087/how-to-automatically-enable-windows-10s-dark-theme-at-night/

Thank you so much for your time invested in this application, and I wish you all the best.

StartAllBack 3.1.1

- Centered start menu follows start button

- Improved context menu dpi scaling

- Added some more Control Panel search results

- Bumped Dutch start menu size

- Fixed traybutton stuck in hovered state

- Fixed start button mismatched dpi sometimes

- Fixed some desperate RTL bugs

- Fixed start button not showing out of auto-hide

1 hour ago, crypticus said:

the shutdown menu is not rounded is it about theme or sab?

image.png.c51bee26e19b6ca467edf1379d61447e.png

Mine is correct. It must be your theme, your start menu doesn't seem standard.

Start.png

Edited by JoeBar

On 10/28/2021 at 3:14 PM, xpclient said:

Sadly, it seems Microsoft broke it further in Windows 11 so it doesn't work at all. In Windows 10, it was partially broken. If in Multitasking settings, the option "When I snap a window, show what I can snap next to it" was off, it used to work.

It works for me with Windows 10 and all options checked (or unchecked)

On 10/28/2021 at 12:33 PM, bapt said:

Hello

Thanks for your great work :thumbup

If this option "display windows side by side" still exists with Windows 11, it is possible to add it to the right click of the task bar ?

@Tihiy, not possible to add this option then ?
Microsoft would have deleted it

Thanks

Edited by bapt

On 11/23/2021 at 8:06 AM, rseiler said:

Wouldn't that relate more to your indexing situation? Perhaps go into Control Panel and rebuild it.

I've yet to find an issue with search.

The Windows 11 search feature works properly everywhere (you can see a screenshot of the working search in the builtin Windows 11 menu).

Rebuilding the index did not resolve the issue

On 11/23/2021 at 2:13 AM, SkyySX said:

I'm getting a new CPU and Mainboard soon, can I deactivate and reactivate my license on the new system somehow?

Replacing the motherboard and CPU shouldn't have any effect on the programming installed on the HDD/SSD other than Windows (maybe Office if you have it because MS can be a bit sensitive). You will probably have to reactivate Windows, but even that's pretty easy, and is automatic if it's registered with a Microsoft account. (After doing the hardware upgrades, you might have to reboot and log in to your Microsoft account for the automatic actiivation to occur. If it doesn't activate, go to Settings>System>About>Product Key and Activation, select to activate by telephone, then switch to activation by text messaging when offered, and it's a pretty simple process.) If you do have Office, and have to reactivate it, you can do so from inside any of the Office applications by going to File>Account. It's then the same process as reactivating Windows. Of course, if you wipe the drive and start everything from scratch, all licensed software will have to be reactivated. I recently did these hardware upgrades on my desktop, had to reactivate both Windows and Office, but StartIsBack stayed registered. (I bought a new StartAllBack licenses for lmy desktop, laptop, and tablet anyway because it's so cheap.) Hopes this helps you.

Edited to add: If you need to reactivate Office, MS wll ask how many computers you have it installed on. Just say one and it should reactivate.

Edited by CompUser
Added information.