StartAllBack for Windows 11

Tihiy

On 11/7/2021 at 3:29 PM, Astorcat said:

ClassicShell (actually OpenShell). 

CS.jpg

yes i searched for it too for sometime, but no luck. no one makes that theme for sib/sab. maybe tihiy can add that theme originally. idk. no luck on internet

Shame. Would be the 100% perfect combo for me. Right now not sure I can stand the double-pane start menu enough to use this... :(

I would happily pay someone to make a theme for SAB to look like this!

Any takers?!

I desperately need a windows 10 - style start in here... or some customization of windows 11 start because it's so bad.

please add win10 start. it allowed to make many of the frequent apps available in seconds.

I personally find the double pane to be horrible. I really love the single pane OpenShell look (with instant submenu opening btw) but I am also in love with the transparent full context menus SAB produces. Solid white context menus don't look as nice. 

What a choice: great Start Menu and not so great context menu, or not so great Start Menu and great context menu!

I would happily pay someone to make this if SAB can actually do it. 

in the dark mode right panel isn't visible at all . i wish the bottom panel switched to dark with the switch of the mode.

(так как разработчик русский, лучше пояснить корявое объяснение - нижняя правая панель при переходе на тёмный режим не видна из-за того, что буквы в ней - белые на белом фоне, да и вообще хочется, чтобы Панель Задач внизу темнела при изменении настроек windows. респект за программу, и повторю пожелание выше о панеле Пуск а-ля windows 10, с той кастомизацией размера и порядка значков, очень скучаю по ней, хоть и знаю что большинству нужен старый пуск).

p.s. okay, took me not too long to realize i can't just turn off the color and transparency options off to make it okay. but the question about win10 start remains , so i'll keep it here.

sorry .

Снимок экрана 2021-11-10 114051.png

Edited by oakword

Which is:

Version 3.0.6 15 November 2021

• Language switcher can use Windows 10 flyout
  • Tweaked taskbar buttons default look and position
  • Fixed segments in exotic cases

BTW, what is meant by "taskbar buttons," exactly? One thing I've noticed with this release is that the taskbar icons don't consistently have the visual indicator next to them indicating that the program is running as opposed to merely pinned. Not sure if that's just because I haven't rebooted yet after installing, but it's an odd problem that comes and goes but which I've never seen before. When it happens, hovering the mouse over the icon "refreshes" it.

Edited by rseiler

On 10/15/2021 at 2:54 AM, win98seFQ99 said:

Bug: Using Microsoft Pinyin IME, right-clicking on IME icon does nothing. Probably affects other IMEs too. Please check if it can be solved?

Reminder: This bug still exists as of 3.0.6.

The intended behaviour should be a context menu popping up upon right-clicking on IME icon.

An example on vanilla Windows 10 -

image.png.7903e3e1526976916541ab7586157e37.png

On 11/15/2021 at 12:14 PM, rseiler said:

One thing I've noticed with this release [3.0.6] is that the taskbar icons don't consistently have the visual indicator next to them indicating that the program is running as opposed to merely pinned. Not sure if that's just because I haven't rebooted yet after installing, but it's an odd problem that comes and goes but which I've never seen before. When it happens, hovering the mouse over the icon "refreshes" it.

No, still happens after reboot, though not right away. Vertical taskbar, if that matters.

Reverted to 3.0.5, since not always knowing which programs are running at a glance is not really workable.

Edited by rseiler

I am still learning how to properly search inside a topic so this might be a repeated question,

Anyone having issue with their game?

My desktop resolution is 1920 x 1080 and when I run a game (fullscreen) but with a resolution lower than my desktop (e.g. 1600 x 900), the game after a few second will exit fullscreen. The view will be as if the game run as windowed but since it was not, will be minimized. If then I open the minimized game, the same will happen again.

Issue is gone when StartAllBack is disabled. The game is Watch Dogs Legion