StartAllBack for Windows 11

Tihiy

3 hours ago, Tihiy said:

They don't work. And they have not really properly worked in Windows 10 and nobody cared

I see. My bad. Indeed in my Windows 11 dev channel on my test machine, they are not working! But in Windows 10 21H1/21H2 Release Preview, for me they work but I have noticed they depend on Snap/Multitasking settings of Windows. :) If the setting "When I snap a window, show what I can snap next to it" is off in Windows 10, then they work perfectly for non-minimized windows just like Windows 95. I always turned that annoying setting off so I didn't check in 11 and assumed they would work once the classic Taskbar was enabled. :( Oh well, Microsoft broke them I guess, nothing to fix. Thanks for clearing it up.

You all say this: If you own StartIsBack license key, you can upgrade it to StartAllBack (for $1.5 x license PC count) within app

Does it mean my StartIsBack key will not work for Windows 10 anymore if I upgrade to StartAllBack for $1.5 x license PC count ?

7 hours ago, Petergg said:

You all say this: If you own StartIsBack license key, you can upgrade it to StartAllBack (for $1.5 x license PC count) within app

Does it mean my StartIsBack key will not work for Windows 10 anymore if I upgrade to StartAllBack for $1.5 x license PC count ?

try it your self and tell us :) it's pretty cheap 

4 minutes ago, geneticplasma said:

If choosing Win10 Ribbon UI, there is White fonts, showing folder name.

It's unreadable at this light UI Background color, it should be black fonts color:

Unbenannt4.jpg.c29e11c081274518ce33d63d595de078.jpg

image.png.fc8ae347c28801f3f112519f2755333f.png

it is black font for me. 

3 minutes ago, DarkKnight said:

Upgraded my license from StartIsBack To StartAllBack. How long does it usually take to receive the key? I have been waiting about an hour now and so far nothing.

just use the old key

1 hour ago, zeeter said:

Is there a way to save/export settings so you can easily apply them to another PC?

Thanks!

Everything is in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\StartIsBack. Doesn't even require admin rights if you use reg.exe import/export.

It looks like the Widgets button (The transformed Cortana button) stopped working in Windows 11 22478.1012. Anyway, I know dev channel Windows 11 builds are not supported. Just giving a heads-up. :) Search and Task View button toggles work.

My startmenu is not searching installed softwares/apps. look when i search for microsoft store nothing is found. and yes i do have microsoft store installed its opened right now at background if you look at it carefully can see

also settings are done correctly under search a.k.a. "Ara"

image.png.7dad9ef79a8c7f844949cab315275555.png

image.png.d9fccffbbb335458598c9a0125a714c8.png

Edited by crypticus