StartAllBack for Windows 11

Tihiy

21 minutes ago, wzyue said:

This only happens with StartAllBack running, whereas without it the taskbar area is respected.

That's unlikely. So what do you say, you enter fullscreen on one display but working area breaks on all displays?

22 minutes ago, Tihiy said:

That's unlikely. So what do you say, you enter fullscreen on one display but working area breaks on all displays?

Yeah, that's exactly it. I enter a fullscreen application on my primary display (1440p display at 100% scaling) and the working area on all displays break (the primary display along with two additional 1080p displays at 100% scaling).

I've taken a recording showing that the working area breaks (both windows maximize over the taskbar) when opening the fullscreen application when StartAllBack is installed (the first half of the video, the application is opened when the recording flickers). I then uninstall StartAllBack and open the same application and show that the working area does not break by repeatedly maximizing the Settings window.

spacer.png

Edited by wzyue

That is probably Garry's Mod, but it's not possible to use exclusive fullscreen and multiple monitors, as deactivating game minimizes it. Not seeing anything like your behavior

Can't center startmenu icon (only pinned icons can be centered) and keep old right click context menu.

I can only send startmenu to left and keep old context menu

Or I can only center it but have no context menu

Hope you understand the problem....

confirmed

Zwischenablage01.thumb.jpg.9223da7179a01b32d865b95881f78e48.jpg

Edited by geneticplasma

14 hours ago, crypticus said:

Can't center startmenu icon (only pinned icons can be centered) and keep old right click context menu.

I can only send startmenu to left and keep old context menu

Or I can only center it but have no context menu

Hope you understand the problem....

+ to this issue i also have came across another one, its explained in screenshot

chats.thumb.jpg.3e44e1ed7dd548a7e3d9156dae0a96e0.jpg

reg entry was: REG ADD "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Chat" /f /v ChatIcon /t REG_DWORD /d 3

OR can we have an options to edit taskbar rightclick context menu? for startisback and startallback?

because on windows 10 we also have bunch of stupid things there such as: windowsINK and contacts. that i already removed as component as i did to widgets and chats. and they are still there? this feature for both products would be necessary don't you think? after all we are making taskbar configurable and easy to use without unnecessary things via your tools. and afaik they can't be edited via reg file they are inside dll?

image.png.b7e30c8953b15f18f028882a97064e76.png

Edited by crypticus

18 hours ago, Tihiy said:

Is it possible to post videos, not cropped gifs? What's the game you're using?

Yep, I've recorded doing the same thing but this time with both displays visible so you can see the actions I'm taking. The game I was using to demonstrate this behavior was Garry's Mod (as you pointed out afterwards), but I've confirmed that other games like Counter Strike: Source, Counter Strike: Global Offensive, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, and more cause this behavior.

18 hours ago, Tihiy said:

That is probably Garry's Mod, but it's not possible to use exclusive fullscreen and multiple monitors, as deactivating game minimizes it. Not seeing anything like your behavior

I might have been using "exclusive fullscreen" incorrectly. I probably should have been referring to it as just "fullscreen" -- I wanted to differentiate between "borderless windowed" and "fullscreen" as explicitly as possible since this doesn't seem to happen when using "borderless windowed" mode.

Also, I was incorrect when I initially reported the behavior. I stated that the working area on all displays break, but it seems that the primary display's working area actually does not. You can see in the video linked below I demonstrate that maximizing the Notepad window on the primary display works just fine after opening the game, whereas maximizing it on the secondary display causes the window bounds to exceed the taskbar area. You can also see that this does not happen when StartAllBack is uninstalled. Perhaps this has something to do with the mismatched resolution of my primary and secondary displays (1440p vs 1080p)? Note that I start the video with the latest RC of StartAllBack installed, open the game, demonstrate the maximize behavior, uninstall StartAllBack, open the game again, and then demonstrate that the erroneous maximize behavior does not occur when StartAllBack is uninstalled.

https://streamable.com/i2wnaf

Edited by wzyue

3 hours ago, wzyue said:

Yep, I've recorded doing the same thing but this time with both displays visible so you can see the actions I'm taking. The game I was using to demonstrate this behavior was Garry's Mod (as you pointed out afterwards), but I've confirmed that other games like Counter Strike: Source, Counter Strike: Global Offensive, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, and more cause this behavior.

I might have been using "exclusive fullscreen" incorrectly. I probably should have been referring to it as just "fullscreen" -- I wanted to differentiate between "borderless windowed" and "fullscreen" as explicitly as possible since this doesn't seem to happen when using "borderless windowed" mode.

Also, I was incorrect when I initially reported the behavior. I stated that the working area on all displays break, but it seems that the primary display's working area actually does not. You can see in the video linked below I demonstrate that maximizing the Notepad window on the primary display works just fine after opening the game, whereas maximizing it on the secondary display causes the window bounds to exceed the taskbar area. You can also see that this does not happen when StartAllBack is uninstalled. Perhaps this has something to do with the mismatched resolution of my primary and secondary displays (1440p vs 1080p)? Note that I start the video with the latest RC of StartAllBack installed, open the game, demonstrate the maximize behavior, uninstall StartAllBack, open the game again, and then demonstrate that the erroneous maximize behavior does not occur when StartAllBack is uninstalled.

https://streamable.com/i2wnaf

Identical issue here, only difference for me is I have a 2160p(150% scaling) and 1080p(100% scaling) screen.

After running/exiting any FSE game, the taskbars on any non-primary monitors are not respected anymore when maximizing windows, resolves itself after reboot until another FSE game is ran.

Edited by djc5166

Tested on server preview 10.0.22463.1000, that have the new windows 11 interface, but no teams and chat by default, then there is no option in StartIsBack taskbar menu to show the chat icon:

Sans titre.png

Edited by wmn

Hi all 

Startallback is supposed to allow taskbar location moves ( top right left ) but I can't seem to find out how .

I searched all around options and menus and didn't found anything about .

Thanks for guiding me ! 

Edited by innuendo33

3 hours ago, wmn said:

Tested on server preview 10.0.22463.1000, that have the new windows 11 interface, but no teams and chat by default, then there is no option in StartIsBack taskbar menu to show the chat icon:

Sans titre.png

its windows 10. you don't have widgets or teams? thats why. also for some reason you don't have INKs and people too. yours look a bit sketchy

try on real windows 11, and you will get teams/chat and widgets

try on fresh windows 10, and you will get INK and people

22 minutes ago, innuendo33 said:

Hi all 

Startallback is supposed to allow taskbar location moves ( top right left ) but I can't seem to find out how .

I searched all around options and menus and didn't found anything about .

Thanks for guiding me ! 

it's the same way as in win 10 or 7. first unlock the taskbar from context menu on it. then just drag it to any side of your display

Edited by andreymd87