StartAllBack for Windows 11

Tihiy

Not sure what I missed and seen a quote alert that was removed but I have never flamed/attacked anyone in this thread and AFAIK you are the one guy making this app so you are the support so not sure on the last "support" or "We" part unless as I said it was something to do with the removed post.

I did however see attitude problems.

Where do I make a request for a setting (if possible) like the other settings to Toggle on/off the Win 11 Start Button?

Edited by helmutcheese

7 hours ago, Tihiy said:

StartAllBack 2.9.95 (RC6)

Available only if you check for updates

I really want to finish with RCs, so please curb your enthusiasm

Check for updates button does nothing for me, when I click it nothing happens... :(

2 minutes ago, andreymd87 said:

maybe turn off focus assist? check your notifications.

Tahnks! That was it, I didn't expected for info about update in notifications area, I thought it will pop up some window within an app itself. But right I had my notifications turned off, now it's working :)

I noticed that if the taskbar is located at the top of the screen, the flyout is cropped. When the taskbar is at the bottom, it is okay. It seems it's happening in 2.9.95. I don't know if this bug occurs only on my PC or everyone is experience this too.

image.png.73c87d07500e03c89ba75366c5d25c6f.png

Edited by Hikaru

this is a cut and paste from SiB on win 10 - there is an option to change that - is that possible in SaB 

if i set a theme to give white text on the taskbar in SaB on 11 the menu is black and as far as i can see there is no option to change the background colour

apologies if i have missed a setting 

Snip-18.10.08.2331.png

Snip-18.10.08.2510.png

Edited by adacom

6 minutes ago, Tihiy said:

You can only disable SIB menu styling in registry:

[HKCU\SOFTWARE\StartIsBack]

ImmersiveMenus = (DWORD)0

sorry - is that for me - if so i want to change the colour in StartallBack on 11 

1 hour ago, Tihiy said:

You want Classic theme support, which is not accounted for.

i would like it but if its not there then so be it - i was asking more had i missed something in the settings 

I'm running into an issue where opening any application that enters Exclusive Fullscreen (i.e. a video game) causes the taskbar to not be "respected" by other applications. Basically, other open applications will maximize over the taskbar even though the taskbar is not set to be hidden. Additionally, the Windows 11 Start Menu will open partially underneath the taskbar as if the taskbar size is smaller than what is displayed. This bug happens for both the Windows 11 taskbar and the "enhanced classic" StartAllBack taskbar. The only way I've found to fix the behavior is to either restart explorer.exe or toggle the "Automatically hide the taskbar" setting in Taskbar Settings, otherwise the behavior will continue even after the Exclusive Fullscreen application is closed. This does not happen when StartAllBack is disabled or uninstalled.

Below are two GIFs demonstrating this behavior with both the Windows 11 taskbar and StartAllBack's "enhanced classic" taskbar when opening an Exclusive Fullscreen application. I'm wondering if anyone else has run into this issue other than me. I tried searching this thread and online for any mention of it but was unable to find anybody else reporting this behavior.

spacer.pngspacer.png

Edited by wzyue

Can't center startmenu icon (only pinned icons can be centered) and keep old right click context menu.

I can only send startmenu to left and keep old context menu

Or I can only center it but have no context menu

Hope you understand the problem....

Edited by crypticus

Hi,

there is a menu that is not translated (french), Acessories shoult be Accessoires Windows:

StartAllBack:

1.png

StartIsBack:

2.png

Thanks.

Edited by wmn

27 minutes ago, wzyue said:

other open applications will maximize over the taskbar even though the taskbar is not set to be hidden.

That means some app is overriding screen working area

Edited by Tihiy

39 minutes ago, Tihiy said:

That means some app is overriding screen working area

Is there any workarounds to this that would stop the taskbar from breaking whenever I open a game/fullscreen application? I'm also using multiple displays with varying resolutions, maybe that could cause issues?

This only happens with StartAllBack running, whereas without it the taskbar area is respected.

Edited by wzyue