Instagram Comments in Firefox 52.9 ESR

Has anyone else still using Firefox 52.9.x ESR noticed that the Instagram comments are no longer displaying?
It was fine until a few days ago.
Now although the comments dialogue appears correctly there are no comments actually displayed, just a blank white area.
I've tried several different user agent strings, but nothing seems to make any difference.
:dubbio:

Hello Dave , perhaps this will help you . You can watch through these sites (no registration and no login needed).

Just insert any profile name you want . Or use search , works at the first website.

https://dumpor.com/v/insert_profile_name_here

Also :

To view/save stories 

https://instasaved.net/en/save-stories/insert_profile_name_here

To view/save pics 

https://instasaved.net/en/save-image

Thanks @Dixel
Useful to know that those options are available, certainly if Instagram break compatibility with Firefox 52.9 even more in the future!
At the moment though everything seems fine apart from reading the earlier comments (the last few are visible under the posts anyway, it's just the "see more" pop-up window which is malfunctioning.)
When the videos stopped working a while ago, someone came up with a script hack to fix it, I was rather hoping that this might be the same!
:)

Dave , you're welcome ! Instagram uses insane user fingerprinting techniques , I'm just not ok with it . Perhaps this has something to do with their new "anti-bot" protection .   I remember just waiting for a couple of days had solved some problems in the past . BTW , I used plenty of methods for browsing ,including NOX , Grids (which was very good!) until the pl@nkers banned it !

They just want everyone on their phones for total surveillance and user data mining/stealing. So I'm taking a break until I find something new . My 360 Browser version had it's own emulation fo their app , but they found how to detect it (quite recently). Until then they were sure I was using their App and all functions worked flawlessly , including uploading , etc. 

On 10/3/2021 at 3:58 AM, Mathwiz said:

Are @mixit still around? They always seemed to come up with fixes for these sorts of issues....

I don't know if they are, but I am (more or less). :)

However, I haven't been using ESR 52 for a long time and Instagram is forcing me to log in before I can look at anything useful (I don't have an account), so I probably won't be doing the extra wrangling necessary to try and help out with this. Sorry, @Dave-H.

Edited by mixit

No problem @mixit!
Thanks very much for responding anyway.
Just as an aside, I've now found that I can still post to Instagram OK using Firefox 52.9, I just can't see the list of previous posts any more.
Cheers,
Dave.
:)

On 10/2/2021 at 4:51 PM, Dixel said:

Instagram uses insane user fingerprinting techniques , I'm just not ok with it . Perhaps this has something to do with their new "anti-bot" protection .

well Facebook went even more far in antibot protection and "protect you". Facebook can now force you to download antivirus into your system if suspicious activity on browser (read try block fingerprinting). I got no account, but there was outrage from it. I wonder what that av sent from your pc back to facebook? That reminds me from fake antivirus sites that told same, expect was from Facebook.

Edited by Mr.Scienceman2000

On 10/4/2021 at 7:09 PM, Mr.Scienceman2000 said:

Facebook can now force you to download antivirus into your system

I don't use fbibook , but thanks for letting me know ! I read somewhere on the news , it's exactly what russian banks force their clients to do.

9 hours ago, Dixel said:

I don't use fbibook , but thanks for letting me know ! I read somewhere on the news , it's exactly what russian banks force their clients to do.

forced av install will break stuff. What if user runs older version of Windows or BSD or other OS that cannot run that AV? I guess next sites start asking taking clone of your hard drive without encryption and all personal documents and mailing it to them so they can verify you got no viruses. Consider some sites want your ID already would not be surprised from that.

9 hours ago, Mr.Scienceman2000 said:

forced av install will break stuff. What if user runs older version of Windows or BSD or other OS that cannot run that AV? I guess next sites start asking taking clone of your hard drive without encryption and all personal documents and mailing it to them so they can verify you got no viruses. Consider some sites want your ID already would not be surprised from that.

I wouldn't even start to consider installing it or participating in that kind of sites.

57 minutes ago, Dixel said:

I wouldn't even start to consider installing it or participating in that kind of sites.

for me asking anything outside email mean I am not welcome to the site. Unless site is goverment or teleoperator site meant to manage my personal subscribtion or data cannot see reason to need anything else than email.

On 10/7/2021 at 2:43 PM, Mr.Scienceman2000 said:

Unless site is goverment

They all are somewhat para-gov. now , the lines are vanished . Like in the case with vaxxines . Did you know , for example, CDC is a private company , yet the most think it's gov. ? The same with FBIbook , it's so powerful , it's like another gov. structure . So even though I liked your comment , I do not agree with you overall . No operator needs your private data . You forgot the times when SIM cards were at every train station without the need for the data from the person ? As for the gov., why do they need our data ? I mean, the taxes are in the goods already , every time you buy them , you pay your gov. , that should be it ! BTW , the war tax is still on , which is illegal .