Help identifying old Dell Latitude laptop

InterLinked

Hey, all,

I just salvaged this old laptop that was in a scrap pile at work (in addition to loads of other probably more useful things), just to see if maybe I could get it to work.

Doesn't turn on, but that's to be expected without being plugged in.

In trying to identify the strange power connection it uses, I tried to figure out the model and have been having difficulty. It just says "Latitude" on the unit itself. From cross-referencing Wikipedia with Bing Images, I've been able to narrow down that this is from the early 2000s, maybe 2003 or 2004, but it's hard to pinpoint a model since NOTHING online seems to have the port layout that this does. Would anyone here happen to have any ideas on tracing this?

Alternately, there seems to be a strange power connection on this guy, never seen that before. If it still works, once I power it up, I might be able to figure it out that way, but I'd rather know what model it is so I can get the right adapter for this.

Here are some pictures, linked due to attachment limits: https://files.interlinked.us/img/dell-latitude/

Thanks!

You need travel back to 2002 to find model. I used wayback machine to find model which is Dell Latitude c400. It matches your pictures and charger plug matches. I might be wrong but that seems same thing. That plug look similar what Digital Equipment Corporation used in their notebooks in late 90s. Newer dells uses big barrel connector like Compaq/HP.

Edited by Mr.Scienceman2000

5 hours ago, Mr.Scienceman2000 said:

You need travel back to 2002 to find model. I used wayback machine to find model which is Dell Latitude c400. It matches your pictures and charger plug matches. I might be wrong but that seems same thing. That plug look similar what Digital Equipment Corporation used in their notebooks in late 90s. Newer dells uses big barrel connector like Compaq/HP.

Yup, that is it! Confirmed by searching further images of that, thank you! Looks like this is 20+ years old now. Definitely a different power adapter, looks like I'll have to order this.

43 minutes ago, InterLinked said:

Looks like this is 20+ years old now.

that is good age for laptop. Old dells were built like tanks. 2005+ were too but displays suffer from white dots. Also seems notebook intergrated graphics support MPEG accerlation so can watch dvd.

Edited by Mr.Scienceman2000