360 Extreme Explorer ArcticFoxie Versions

28 minutes ago, ArcticFoxie said:

Will visit as time permits...

No problem @ArcticFoxie, take your time, enjoy the weekend:cool:

Thanks for your efforts to give us 360Chrome awesome builds!

But version 9.5 of @Humming Owl shows exact time, the only version that don't have a delay (of one hour...)

Listen:

http://player.radiocoalition.org/carolinaclassichits?l

Edited by msfntor

Being off by one hour seems very minor to me.

I have to "deal with" that 6 months each and every year because the "gubberment" falsely thinks that "daylight savings" is a 'good idea'.

Spring Forward, Fall Back  -- most retarded idea the "gubberment" has ever come up with in my (not so humble) opinion!

• Like 1

Added new links (first post of this thread) for my new v11 rebuilds for XP x86 SP2 based on @we3fan's and @Humming Owl's experimental x86 SP2 tests.  Regular and Ungoogled.

Please note that I have not tested these and I have abandoned installing XP x86 SP2 on an old machine worth more to me gathering dust than getting x86 SP2 up and running.  :ph34r:

• Like 1

NOW your v11 rebuild for XP x86 SP2 WORKS here, in my Windows x86 SP2, so added to collection.

Time delay is 1 hour exactly.

Raymond Hill page: "Page loaded in 384 ms" after some restarts of the page.

HTML5test.com: 528 points.

fast.com works good.

Tomorrow more tests of this build...

PS.

Humming Owl"s 11 Modified: fast.com says, that "Your Internet speed is 0".

Raymond Hill "Page loaded in 387 ms".

Time delay too 1 hour, exactly.

HTML5test.com: 528 points, too.

Edited by msfntor
fast result

Does that mean you don't "like" XP x86 SP2?

I thought you "preferred" it over x86 SP3?  (I personally do not, I remember doing HUNDREDS of performance metrics back when SP3 was "new" and I concluded ZERO reason to stay with SP2 and never looked back [until 360Chrome kinda created a temporary curiosity].)

7 hours ago, ArcticFoxie said:

Does that mean you don't "like" XP x86 SP2?

I thought you "preferred" it over x86 SP3?  (I personally do not, I remember doing HUNDREDS of performance metrics back when SP3 was "new" and I concluded ZERO reason to stay with SP2 and never looked back [until 360Chrome kinda created a temporary curiosity].)

No I "like" gold dust haha

Hmm I always thought, that SP3 is heavier...I always thought, that it is heavier, that's why I refused the devil's offer..he tempted me several times saying, that I have registered almost all the files, just a little bit more effort, a few more files and it would be very good for me... but in the end I resisted - and erased everything that he already gave me...but then I had the doubts, until today

My x86 SP2 version is VERY responsive, I really like this SP2 without too much monitoring (I hope..), yet I have NOTHING to hide

hmm I must be a bit paranoid, I was always security minded.

Edited by msfntor
hope

I have the Greek version of windows xp.

I want to ask another question what version of 360 extreme explorer is more suitable for

that kind of system?

Recenty i have downloaded a patch with code KB2584577-x86-enu.exe and is of blackwingcat do you know if there is a Greek version for this patch?(this patch is compatible with windows xp chrome browsers).

Edited by CIACIACIACIACIACIA

4 hours ago, msfntor said:

My x86 SP2 version is VERY responsive, I really like this SP2 without too much monitoring (I hope..), yet I have NOTHING to hide

hmm I must be a bit paranoid, I was always security minded.

Same here!  But for x86 SP3!

I do have a VANILLA x86 SP2 "installed and running" on an old Compaq Presario - but I cannot get ANY web browser to WORK on it!

I really think that what you have (and the other x86 SP2 users frequenting MSFN) is NOT a "vanilla" version of x86 SP2 - I think you have "patched the crap out of it" in order to get it to WORK.

By "vanilla", I took my original retail XP install disk, installed XP untouched/unmodified, all default settings.

Then I installed SP2 carried to the POS (no affiliation with POSReady) via memory stick and installed SP2.

So my XP x86 SP2 is VANILLA, PURE, SNOW-WHITE, VIRGIN, UNADULTERATED, IMMACULATE, PRISTINE, UNBLEMISHED, IN MINT CONDITION, UNPOLLUTED, et cetera.

And I cannot get ANY web browser to WORK on it!

On 10/4/2021 at 1:13 PM, ArcticFoxie said:

Same here!  But for x86 SP3!

I do have a VANILLA x86 SP2 "installed and running" on an old Compaq Presario - but I cannot get ANY web browser to WORK on it!

I really think that what you have (and the other x86 SP2 users frequenting MSFN) is NOT a "vanilla" version of x86 SP2 - I think you have "patched the crap out of it" in order to get it to WORK.

By "vanilla", I took my original retail XP install disk, installed XP untouched/unmodified, all default settings.

Then I installed SP2 carried to the POS (no affiliation with POSReady) via memory stick and installed SP2.

So my XP x86 SP2 is VANILLA, PURE, SNOW-WHITE, VIRGIN, UNADULTERATED, IMMACULATE, PRISTINE, UNBLEMISHED, IN MINT CONDITION, UNPOLLUTED, et cetera.

And I cannot get ANY web browser to WORK on it!

In one of my posts, I shared my downloads of supplements (.NET Framework 1.1 and 2.0, KB932823 v-3, Windows Installer 3.1 = KB893803 ...) to the commercial PC with Windows XP x86 SP2 that I have...
My Windows is highly improved by me...not virgin, far from it

This link could be interesting maybe: https://www.tenforums.com/general-support/172922-windows-xp-2021-system-build-modern-pc.html

If this helps you, good for you.

Edited by msfntor

32 minutes ago, msfntor said:

That's SP3, not SP2.

I have zero problems getting SP3 to run - 7 out of 8 of my computers are running XP x86 SP3, the remaining 1 out of 8 of my computers is running XP x64 SP2.

Edited by ArcticFoxie