360 Extreme Explorer ArcticFoxie Versions

16 minutes ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Performing these three file changes and these three only, our resulting resources.pak file are not the same size.

So the resource.pak files are different but the contents are not? I mean I can't check the difference between the unpacked versions unless you upload your .pak, but you can.

18 minutes ago, mixit said:

So the resource.pak files are different but the contents are not? I mean I can't check the difference between the unpacked versions unless you upload your .pak, but you can.

I don't plan on tracking down the tiny difference.  It's basically all a matter of "identical content" and how different compression/decompression packages handle "identical content".

1 minute ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

I don't plan on tracking down the tiny difference.  It's basically all a matter of "identical content" and how different compression/decompression packages handle "identical content".

Well, would be nice if you did, since you made a point to make a big deal out of it... Or, upload your .pak so I can do it.

52 minutes ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

I'm more interested in trying to track down where the "Translate to English" and "Share URL QR Code" context menus are coming from.  Have you been able to isolate them?

Like I said, if you could just upload your .pak I can do it myself, this difference bothers me. As for the context menus, no, I haven't looked into them.

Edited by mixit

6 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

...You may notice that when you FIRST launch 360Chrome, if you start typing in the address bar "right away", you have to start your typing over after a second or two.  I'm hoping to prevent/decrease that delay.

For me, this delay is ONLY with the very FIRST launch after a reboot or coming out of system hibernate.

Every successive launch before the next power cycle or hibernate, I have no delay in the address bar.

Same here and I did notice. Actually it was way worse in V11 and pretty bad in V12 and I find 13 to be less, but great to hear your trying to correct this. Do you think any chrome flags might help?

I must say I'd never noticed the delay in 13.5.
Mind you I only very rarely type an address immediately after launching the browser.
Now it's been mentioned I can see it, but it's very quick on my system.
:)

5 hours ago, mixit said:

So the resource.pak files are different but the contents are not?

Indexing is different.

Your ungoogled resources.pak has a 688 byte file indexed as 25522 and has no indexed 25527 (when unpacked using chrome-pak-customizer, which I prefer over Python batch extract).

Mine has no 25522 but has a 25527.

The 688 byte file is identical in both paks.

Both paks contain 1,558 files (when unpacked using chrome-pak-customizer).

image.png.9684dbb5216421cd0658774327259d33.png

It's possible that file 13570 may have been modified on my end AFTER build 2022 was shared online - not sure, this may be my options.zip difference in my local version versus the uploaded version.

One change I have done locally but that has not been uploaded is the chrome://settings/content page.

On laptops with a webcam, the settings/content page would drop below the bottom border of the inset box.

Also, laptops with only a 768px display height would not display the settings/content page with the same bottom padding, so that has also been fixed locally but has not been uploaded yet.

I thought those changes were all in options.zip, but I cannot say as I am 100% on that at the moment - too much going on with holiday "crap" 'stealing' portions of my "focus", lol.

@NotHereToPlayGames Geez, why are you wasting precious holiday time on what's not very interesting for you when you could just give me that resource.pak of yours so I could compare it with both my modded version and your previously released 2022? :lol: No Thanksgiving here, though I probably will have to go to sleep soon, been up for more than 24 hrs (not related to my neck pain, that's pretty much OK now).

EDIT: Regarding your two context menu items, unfortunately it's leaning towards having to patch the DLL code to get these to go away. Going by the original 86.0.4240.198 Chromium, the QR item should be controllable via chrome://flags/#sharing-qr-code-generator , but it seems to have no effect in 360. The translation item should be blockable via TranslateEnabled policy key in the registry, but 360 doesn't seem interested in Chrome or Chromium policies (it reads a single one from the latter, unhelpful for this). Since I don't feel strongly about these items, I can't promise I'll be spending a lot of time tracking this stuff down in the code, I guess we'll have to see...

Edited by mixit

9 hours ago, mixit said:

EDIT: Regarding your two context menu items, unfortunately it's leaning towards having to patch the DLL code to get these to go away.

I'm sorry, you both look in the wrong places . I shall give you a hint, it's at offset 10510 in the English locale pak file. But I'm on version 13.5. And it looks like @NotHereToPlayGames is not interested in me being be here, "'cause your're on Vista" crap. So I'm helping only out of respect to @Dave-H.

43 minutes ago, D.Draker said:

I'm sorry, you both look in the wrong places . I shall give you a hint, it's at offset 10510 in the English locale pak file. But I'm on version 13.5. And it looks like @NotHereToPlayGames is not interested in me being be here, "'cause your're on Vista" crap. So I'm helping only out of respect to @Dave-H.

No you're not :lol: (sorry, I mean). But I'm really going to sleep now, 36 hrs uptime and hints about "the" god knows which build version don't enlighten me right now. :zzz: