360 Extreme Explorer ArcticFoxie Versions

On 11/18/2022 at 10:41 AM, rereser said:

@ NHTPG ,
tested 13.5.2022 ungoogled with the win 10 skin on a friends pc with win 11.
ran the 360loader directly from usb. (very slow load)
the result was that while loading 360chrome the bookmark icons and the text color are fine.
after a few seconds , the bookmark icons "shrank" to the left and the text turned to gray.
maybe something in the skin_config.xml file.
will stay with the xp skin.

My v13.5.2022 are OK, no problems with bookmark icons and text color...

NO problem, Thank You ArcticFoxie!

v13.5.2022.
xp skin vs win 10 skin bookmark icons and text screenshots.
xp skin has square bookmark icon boxes and black text on the folder.
win 10 skin has rectangle bookmark icon boxes ( icons not placed in middle of the box ) and gray text on the folder.
so the icons are ok just not the placing. ( visible when hovering over the icon )
12 bookmark icons in both screenshots , compare the total width against the 2 tabs below.
besides the gray text on the folder , the folder icon color is also less bright.

MWSnap301.jpg

MWSnap300.jpg

Edited by rereser

My newest "must-have" browser extension  --  https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/proxy-switchy-auto/bnhejmehblohhaalgnnohedpijgkjeof?hl=en

It takes any number of connections being made by the web site that you are visiting and routes those connections through any number of proxies that you define.

If you are a fan of the PRECISE and EXACT control that uMatrix provides, this is the next step upwards!

image.thumb.png.278328ed5ef819806552ef1e2960f9b2.png

On 11/17/2022 at 11:06 AM, NotHereToPlayGames said:

known bug (unfixable!) is that the Dev Tools will revert to Chinese if opened in Incognito Mode (v13 build 2206 is the last version to NOT do this, ALL NEWER versions have this "flaw".  Unfixable!).

I don't like that word. :)

Make the following edits to resources.pak:

in 25514, delete

{"category":"Appearance","title":"Language:","storageType":"local","defaultValue":"zh-CN","reloadRequired":true,"settingName":"language","settingType":"enum","type":"setting","options":[{"text":"Chinese (Simplified)","value":"zh-CN","title":"Chinese (Simplified)"},{"text":"English (United States)","value":"en-US","title":"English (United States)"}]},

In 25615, delete

this._initLocalizationSetting(),

and

_initLocalizationSetting(){p.Settings.instance().createSetting("language","zh-CN",p.SettingStorageType.Local).addChangeListener(()=>{location.reload()})}

In 25624, replace

function d(t){let e=t;return"undefined"!=typeof localStorage&&'"en-US"'!==localStorage.language&&(e=self.DevToolsLocalization.getString(t),e=e.replace(/\$./g,t=>t.match(/\$[$1-9]/)?"$$$"===t?"$":"%":t)),e}

with

function d(t){return t}

The change will get rid of ever having to switch Dev Tools from Chinese to English (the setting is in fact removed from the dialog), including starting with your OOB profile or if the entire profile is nuked.

This is based on 360ChromePortable_13.5.1030_rebuild_5_ungoogled.zip, but based on a quick look it's still fully applicable to 360ChromePortable_13.5.2022_rebuild_1_ungoogled_MSFN.zip.

On 11/19/2022 at 7:43 AM, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Win10 skin should be considered "abandonware".

I will not be using 360Chrome in my Win10 OS's as there are much more "modern" web browsers for Win10.

Indeed, it wouldn't seem to make sense to run 360Chrome on Win10 or 11 - or even 7/8/8.1. But folks often do things on their PCs that only make sense to themselves. So if someone wants to run 360Chrome on Win10/11, I say, have at it!

But folks may want a Win10 skin for reasons other than making 360Chrome look "natural" when run on Win10!

1. They may just prefer the look.
  2. They may want to fool onlookers into thinking they're running Win10 even though they aren't.

FWIW, I'm in category 1 and like your Win10 skin as it is. It doesn't have to be exact, as long as it works!

4 hours ago, Mathwiz said:

Indeed, it wouldn't seem to make sense to run 360Chrome on Win10 or 11 - or even 7/8/8.1. But folks often do things on their PCs that only make sense to themselves. So if someone wants to run 360Chrome on Win10/11, I say, have at it!

But folks may want a Win10 skin for reasons other than making 360Chrome look "natural" when run on Win10!

1. They may just prefer the look.
  2. They may want to fool onlookers into thinking they're running Win10 even though they aren't.

FWIW, I'm in category 1 and like your Win10 skin as it is. It doesn't have to be exact, as long as it works!

Agreed.

I will revisit the Win10 skin one of these days.

6 hours ago, mixit said:

Make the following edits to resources.pak:

in 25514, delete

{"category":"Appearance","title":"Language:","storageType":"local","defaultValue":"zh-CN","reloadRequired":true,"settingName":"language","settingType":"enum","type":"setting","options":[{"text":"Chinese (Simplified)","value":"zh-CN","title":"Chinese (Simplified)"},{"text":"English (United States)","value":"en-US","title":"English (United States)"}]},

In 25615, delete

this._initLocalizationSetting(),

and

_initLocalizationSetting(){p.Settings.instance().createSetting("language","zh-CN",p.SettingStorageType.Local).addChangeListener(()=>{location.reload()})}

In 25624, replace

function d(t){let e=t;return"undefined"!=typeof localStorage&&'"en-US"'!==localStorage.language&&(e=self.DevToolsLocalization.getString(t),e=e.replace(/\$./g,t=>t.match(/\$[$1-9]/)?"$$$"===t?"$":"%":t)),e}

with

function d(t){return t}

The change will get rid of ever having to switch Dev Tools from Chinese to English (the setting is in fact removed from the dialog), including starting with your OOB profile or if the entire profile is nuked.

This is based on 360ChromePortable_13.5.1030_rebuild_5_ungoogled.zip, but based on a quick look it's still fully applicable to 360ChromePortable_13.5.2022_rebuild_1_ungoogled_MSFN.zip.

I cannot get any of these three files to extract/edit.  What software package did you use?

11 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

I cannot get any of these three files to extract/edit.  What software package did you use?

Hmm... I'm not sure what the problem is. It's their usual Brotli compression, should extract the same as always.

You can use this tool, it worked for me: https://github.com/myfreeer/chrome-pak-customizer/

Do you mean extracting the three files from resources.pak file, or extracting the files themselves (after extracting them from resources.pak itself)? I might have misunderstood that and sent the wrong link. In that case, I apologize for misinformation.

Edited by mina7601

1 hour ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Please share what software package you used.  These are not extracting for me.

Seems like I'm missing something here, but in any case, I personally used GRIT, the tool Google themselves use to manage these paks. Specifically, an older version (current at the time) https://chromium.googlesource.com/chromium/src/tools/grit/+archive/3dae30cfe0ca70d112d1fba63e681637eff9a393.tar.gz , and I still use that one because I want to use it with Python 2.7 and they've dropped that support since.  (In a funny bit of synchronicity, they added bulk Brotli decompressing literally hours before I found this tool - although I had already scripted my own decompressor for individual files.)

Run pak_util.py -h for all the options. I still had to adapt the code very slightly for Python 2.7, but since you have Windows 10 available, you can probably use Python 3. Let me know if you need the 2.7 mods I made.

Edited by mixit

@NotHereToPlayGames

I just realized you may not have a brotli.exe lying around and IIRC it was a bit of a pain to find a good version on the web (at least an XP-compatible one), so here's what you need to do to use the Python version.

pip install Brotli (if that doesn't work, try pip install Brotli==1.0.7 )

Add to the pak_util.py imports

import brotli
import io

and replace _MaybeDecompress with this:

def _MaybeDecompress(payload, brotli_path=None):
  if payload.startswith(_GZIP_HEADER):
    return gzip.GzipFile(mode='rb', fileobj=io.BytesIO(payload)).read()
  if payload.startswith(constants.BROTLI_CONST):
    return brotli.decompress(payload[8:])
  return payload

That should then work with Python 2.7.

Sorry, it's been a while since I did the actual work with this, so the process is not very freah in my mind.