360 Extreme Explorer ArcticFoxie Versions

On 7/22/2022 at 2:12 PM, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Yes, I trust build 2107 more.  It's been more stable for my use.  Mileage may vary.

It's NOT a "downgrade".  The build numbers seem to confuse far to many people.  Halfway through v13, the original creator went to Chromium v86.4240.198.  Some of the earlier v13's stem from Chromium v86.4240.112.

Even v13.5 and v13.6 use the same exact v86.4240.198 - YOU GAIN NOTHING.  I *distrust* v13.5 and v13.6 - I WILL NOT BE UPGRADING THEM (so don't even ask, wink wink).

This :)

7 minutes ago, we3fan said:

@msfntor, @XPerceniol - Thanks for the confirmation guys.

I tried ChromeFill 0.1, but it didn't help for YouTube Search in v11 .

I tried ChromeFill 0.1 in 360Chrome v11, too. It couldn't fix anything at all, unfortunately. Maybe, in a future version if it ever comes! smilie_denk_24.gif

Edited by AstroSkipper

On 7/21/2022 at 9:16 PM, NotHereToPlayGames said:

This is the version I have been using  --  https://www.dropbox.com/s/0hh440tcbpmzb9y/360ChromePortable_13.0.2170_rebuild_1_ungoogled.zip?dl=0

I have found build 2170 to be more stable than build 2206.

On 7/22/2022 at 1:25 AM, cmccaff1 said:

It is great to see some activity in this thread once more!
Just as a reminder for everyone, the "?dl=1" trick still works with Dropbox links and will allow you to automatically download a file without actually having to use the Dropbox online interface.
Here is the link NHTPG posted, with the "?dl=1" trick applied (to NHTPG: thank you VERY much for sharing another 360 build with us!)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0hh440tcbpmzb9y/360ChromePortable_13.0.2170_rebuild_1_ungoogled.zip?dl=1

So good download link (with the "?dl=1" correction) is in the cmccaff1 post above.

- Thank you both!

On 7/21/2022 at 2:16 PM, NotHereToPlayGames said:

This is the version I have been using  --  https://www.dropbox.com/s/0hh440tcbpmzb9y/360ChromePortable_13.0.2170_rebuild_1_ungoogled.zip?dl=0

I have found build 2170 to be more stable than build 2206.

To be perfectly honest, I was not going to "go public" with this, but I have been using v13.5 build 2022 since mid-August or so.

There is nothing to update on builds v11, v12, and v13 and they are in essence abandonware.

v13.5 on the other hand has been updated "upstream" and it was basically my OCD that had me do a build 2022 because it coinceded with the YEAR:buehehe:

I do not recall if this "fixed" any web sites that did not function in prior builds or not.  It was honesly just an OCD Thing with the build coinciding with the year that I even updated at all.

known bug (unfixable!) is that the Dev Tools will revert to Chinese if opened in Incognito Mode (v13 build 2206 is the last version to NOT do this, ALL NEWER versions have this "flaw".  Unfixable!).

I "think" I packaged the below links with Dev Tools in English but it's been a few months and I'm not 100% sure on that.

Another known bug is that right-click "Translate to English" is intentionally broken (I intentionally break all features that "force" Google connections).

This "bug" is fixable but again, I intentionally break all features that "force" Google connections so whether this is a "bug" or not is "user discretion".

Ungoogled download:  <link removed>

Convert Ungoogled to Regular - replace this one file with 360Chrome closed:  <link removed>

Convert XP Skin to Win10 Skin (may also work in Win7 and Vista, I have not confirmed) - replace this one file with 360Chrome closed:  <link removed>

Edited by NotHereToPlayGames

hello NHTPG,
nice work and i like the win 10 skin.
something about the bookmark bar icons though with the win 10 skin. ( using bookmarks without text )
the icons are not square. ( missing empty pixels on the right )
this compacts the bookmarks in the bar.
i can "correct" this by using only some files from the win 10 srx in the xp srx file.
but that is not how it should be done.
can you fix this like you did before in the 13.5 alpha releases please ?

https://msfn.org/board/topic/182993-360-extreme-explorer-arcticfoxie-versions/page/10/#comment-1206059

also with the win 10 skin , the text color for folders in the bookmar bar has changed from black to grey ?
same goes for bookmark icons with text.

Edited by rereser

5 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

13.5.2022 r1 Ungoogled download

and 

5 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Convert XP Skin to Win10 Skin

- and new v13.0.2170.0 too - are working well, so I've two new browsers to test, Thank You!

Edited by msfntor

Hi guys..

Could/would somebody shed some light on the flag:

Connect to Cast devices on all IP addresses

Have the Media Router connect to Cast devices on all IP addresses, not just RFC1918/RFC4193 private addresses. – Mac, Windows, Linux, Chrome OS

#media-router-cast-allow-all-ips

Thank you in advance :)

26 minutes ago, XPerceniol said:

Hi guys..

Could/would somebody shed some light on the flag:

Connect to Cast devices on all IP addresses

Have the Media Router connect to Cast devices on all IP addresses, not just RFC1918/RFC4193 private addresses. – Mac, Windows, Linux, Chrome OS

#media-router-cast-allow-all-ips

Thank you in advance :)

That's what I found:

This setting controls whether Google Cast is able to connect to all IP Addresses or only private IP Addresses as defined in RFC1918 (IPv4) and RFC4193 (IPv6). Note that if the EnabledMediaRouter setting is set to Disabled there is no positive or negative effect for this setting.
The recommended state for this setting is: Disabled (0)
Allowing Google Cast to connect to public IP addresses could allow media and other potentially sensitive data to be exposed to the public. Disabling this setting will ensure that Google Cast is only able to connect to private (ie: internal) IP addresses. :)

7 minutes ago, AstroSkipper said:

That's what I found:

This setting controls whether Google Cast is able to connect to all IP Addresses or only private IP Addresses as defined in RFC1918 (IPv4) and RFC4193 (IPv6). Note that if the EnabledMediaRouter setting is set to Disabled there is no positive or negative effect for this setting.
The recommended state for this setting is: Disabled (0)
Allowing Google Cast to connect to public IP addresses could allow media and other potentially sensitive data to be exposed to the public. Disabling this setting will ensure that Google Cast is only able to connect to private (ie: internal) IP addresses. :)

Thank you very much ... I suspected it could be privacy concern when I was going through the flags (one-by-one) for the new V13 ... so I will disable it along with these 2 (related flags) as I don't use any Cast. I just prefer to keep things slim as possible with less bloat with browsers. 

Load Media Router Component Extension
Loads the Media Router component extension at startup. – Mac, Windows, Linux, Chrome OS

#load-media-router-component-extension

Global Media Controls for Cast
Shows Cast sessions in the Global Media Controls UI. Requires #global-media-controls and #cast-media-route-provider to also be enabled. – Mac, Windows, Linux

#global-media-controls-for-cast

Again, thank you. 

I have no way to "test" Google Cast but it should be broken/disabled in all of my builds because I remove non-essential API's and break/disable gstatic connections.  Which is also why the context menu "Translate to English" is intentionally broken/disabled in my builds.

Do not recall if I started intentionally breaking all non-essential API's until v13/v13.5 or not (ie, the context menu Translate may still work in v11 and v12 [if even present, have not used either in quite some time]).

10 hours ago, rereser said:

hello NHTPG,
nice work and i like the win 10 skin.
something about the bookmark bar icons though with the win 10 skin. ( using bookmarks without text )
the icons are not square. ( missing empty pixels on the right )
this compacts the bookmarks in the bar.
i can "correct" this by using only some files from the win 10 srx in the xp srx file.
but that is not how it should be done.
can you fix this like you did before in the 13.5 alpha releases please ?

https://msfn.org/board/topic/182993-360-extreme-explorer-arcticfoxie-versions/page/10/#comment-1206059

also with the win 10 skin , the text color for folders in the bookmar bar has changed from black to grey ?
same goes for bookmark icons with text.

What you describe seems to only be if using the Win10 replacement file but not actually be on Win10.

I have no plans to create a "Win10 theme for XP" and a second "Win10 theme for Win7" and a third "Win10 theme for Win10".

12 minutes ago, XPerceniol said:

Thank you very much ... I suspected it could be privacy concern when I was going through the flags (one-by-one) for the new V13 ... so I will disable it along with these 2 (related flags) as I don't use any Cast. I just prefer to keep things slim as possible with less bloat with browsers. 

Load Media Router Component Extension
Loads the Media Router component extension at startup. – Mac, Windows, Linux, Chrome OS

#load-media-router-component-extension

Global Media Controls for Cast
Shows Cast sessions in the Global Media Controls UI. Requires #global-media-controls and #cast-media-route-provider to also be enabled. – Mac, Windows, Linux

#global-media-controls-for-cast

Again, thank you. 

You're welcome! I can't say any more detailed about it because I do not use Google Cast. smilie_denk_24.gif

@ NHTPG ,
tested 13.5.2022 ungoogled with the win 10 skin on a friends pc with win 11.
ran the 360loader directly from usb. (very slow load)
the result was that while loading 360chrome the bookmark icons and the text color are fine.
after a few seconds , the bookmark icons "shrank" to the left and the text turned to gray.
maybe something in the skin_config.xml file.
will stay with the xp skin.

Edited by rereser