360 Extreme Explorer ArcticFoxie Versions

Please STOP referring to 360Chrome as "outdated".  It is intended for an audience that DOES NOT CARE about having up-to-the-second "updated" web browser or even OS for that matter.

There are a thousand reasons that I could list as to why I remain on XP.

This thread was NEVER intended to be a "debate" on what hardware or OS we run!

If your level of "required updates" requires you to run Win11, then go out and get Win11 and STOP expecting TOO MUCH from an "NT-Family OS / Browser".

If your threshold for "unsecure" and "outdated" hardware is the same as MOST readers of this thread, then 360Chrome will solve 90% of your browser-related issues.

But to think that ANY of the browsers here at MSFN will work on 100% of "modern" web sites is UNREALISTIC and that "debate" is not the intent of this thread - ie, "Browsers working on Older NT-Family OSes".

1 hour ago, D.Draker said:

"Yes, this machine is slow and low on system tesources,..."

I totally understand ! Though you can use another PC for the internet so you could run 13.5 version on it. I have several PCs , but then again , I have lots of spare space to place them.

And, I really need some computer glasses. nonono.gif glass2.gif In the next weeks, I will build a more recent desktop machine, but presumably, without Windows XP. Much more recent hardware means more recent OS. And, you know, I am a Windows XP fan or enthusiast. :thumbup  Do you understand my next problem? :rolleyes: And, on this more recent machine with an actually not wanted, but needed, more recent OS, there will be only browsers I can trust, i.e., no Chinese or Russian one. :no:

PS: There is one advantage of my old machine to more recent ones. It is easy to identify software that consumes an incredible amount of system resources. :yes: For me, this kind of stuff is just bad programming! :)

Edited by AstroSkipper
addition

2 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Please STOP referring to 360Chrome as "outdated".  It is intended for an audience that DOES NOT CARE about having up-to-the-second "updated" web browser or even OS for that matter.

If your level of "required updates" requires you to run Win11, then go out and get Win11 and STOP expecting TOO MUCH from an "NT-Family OS / Browser".

If your threshold for "unsecure" and "outdated" hardware is the same as MOST readers of this thread, then 360Chrome will solve 90% of your browser-related issues.

But to think that ANY of the browsers here at MSFN will work on 100% of "modern" web sites is UNREALISTIC and that "debate" is not the intent of this thread - ie, "Browsers working on Older NT-Family OSes".

I'll continue to use your 360V11 until is no longer works at all. Still like it as well as DC Browser :)

3 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

unconvincingly

4 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

And, on this more recent machine with an actually not wanted, but needed, more recent OS, there will be only browsers I can trust, i.e., no Chinese or Russian one.

Any new browser works on Vista 64-bit , just so you know. No need to use Chinorussia crap. BTW , this 13.5 360 browser was cleaned up pretty good , I didn't observe weird behaviour.

Thanks to everyone in this project !

1 hour ago, XPerceniol said:

I'll continue to use your 360V11 until is no longer works at all. Still like it as well as DC Browser :)

Compared to the browsers of @roytam1 or Mypal 68, the 360Chrome browsers are unfortunately very slow and sluggish. In my system, I can only open three pages in the version v11 at the most, and then nothing works anymore. Only endless loading and waiting is the order of the day. And not to mention v13 and v13.5! Sorry, no fun at all! :no: Using only one page in v11 is still bearable and works if it is not programmed too "modern" and too Googlized. grattermenton.gif I use 360Chrome v11 only for comparison if there are problem with Googlized websites. jexplique.gif

Edited by AstroSkipper
correction

10 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Not fixable in XP.

I personally do not "waste my time" with so-called "Trusted Root Certification Authorities".

So this insecure connection thing can't be fixed?

Is it anything to worry about?I'm new to chrome browsers having used IE and Firefox in the past where this certificate stuff was a non issue.

Now I can no longer sign into online banking with 360 chrome or mypal,mypal68 since friday.Bank says everything is fine at their end and said to upgrade to the latest browser.

I can sign into another bank no problem but for how much longer I don't know.

Guess it's time to ditch XP,but I don't know what to replace it with.Any suggestions?

Is anyone working on newer browsers for XP?