360 Extreme Explorer ArcticFoxie Versions

25 minutes ago, AstroSkipper said:

I tried this in the past. Without any success! The original German pak file doesn't seem to be compatible.

Ja, die passt nicht überein.
Einen "kleinen" Teil habe ich bereits übersetzt.
Die wichtigsten Sachen habe ich nun auf Deutsch.
Wenn ich Zeit habe, werde ich es weiter übersetzen.

Edited by Anbima

29 minutes ago, Anbima said:

Please, no German comments! This is an English only forum although I am German too. We have to respect forum rules.

Cheers, AstroSkipper surmene.gif

Edited by AstroSkipper
correction

2 hours ago, Anbima said:

Wenn ich Zeit habe, werde ich es weiter übersetzen.

The Google Translate, for the rest of us to follow along  --

Yes, they don't match. I have already translated a "small" part. I now have the most important things in German. When I have time, I will continue to translate it.

2 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

I tried this in the past. Without any success! The original German pak file doesn't seem to be compatible.

No other language packs are compatible.  Too much stuff is moved around.

The only way to do this is to do it MANUALLY, one file at a time!  You cannot "cross-breed" language packs across different browsers even though they are both "v69"!

20 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

No other language packs are compatible.  Too much stuff is moved around.

The only way to do this is to do it MANUALLY, one file at a time!  You cannot "cross-breed" language packs across different browsers even though they are both "v69"!

Thanks for your supplement! But I am interested neither in translating pak files nor in using other languages in 360Chrome. English is no problem for me although it is not my native one. Just wanted to help a German user to get an old Chrome browser setup file and to clarify that these pak files won't work in 360 Chrome. 

Cheers, AstroSkipper 0ordi.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I would have thought that the browser would use the system settings for the time zone.
There is no setting for it in the browser as far as I can see.

One perhaps related thing I have noticed, at least in version 13.5, is that the browser history seems to be a day behind.
It always shows the previous day as 'today' if you look at the history (Ctrl+H) which means that there's no way of seeing the sites visited previously on the current day, you have to wait until the following day to see them!
:(

On 6/25/2022 at 7:43 PM, Dave-H said:

I would have thought that the browser would use the system settings for the time zone.
There is no setting for it in the browser as far as I can see. One perhaps related thing I have noticed, at least in version 13.5, is that the browser history seems to be a day behind.

Just search for "chrome browser extension spoof system settings for the time zone" and then try to choose the time zone you want. Lots of them. Will it fix the issue ? I don't know , but doesn't hurt to try.

Will also reduce your fingerprint.

Thanks, I tried a few timezone spoofing extensions, and they all say my timezone and date and time are correct.
None of them made any difference to the history discrepancy.
I had mentioned it to @NotHereToPlayGames/ArcticFoxie a while ago, and he thought it was just a bug, which I guess isn't ever going to be fixed.
:no:

2 hours ago, Dave-H said:

...which I guess isn't ever going to be fixed.
:no:

Yeah, me thinks we've seen the last of 360 development. Too bad, a pity, just when I (sort of) got the hang of it. I'm going to hang on to Arctic Foxie V11 as long as its still working, but, honestly, I'm unsure that logging into anything at this point is such a good idea with it ... though, could also be said the same about using XP in 2022. For us still on XP, looks like we're back to mozilla based browsers unless somebody decides to back port something. Besides, the author hasn't really been participating in the 360 threads as much lately.

Such hard work that went into it and everyone was soo excited, now, its not longer the 'talk of the town'. Lol =P

Great browser and still hope they don't give up on it.

EDIT: Which reminds me..

What's the best thing about being paranoid ... you always think you're the talk of the town. Ha!!

Edited by XPerceniol

3 hours ago, XPerceniol said:

logging into anything at this point is such a good idea with

logging into anything at this point isn't such a good idea because they all demand your phone number . I certainly could give them one of many sim cards I bought at the nearest train station from the albanian gastarbeiters , but I just don't want to bother myself with entering codes , not willing to give up my location with the gps , etc.

26 minutes ago, XPerceniol said:

Yeah, me thinks we've seen the last of 360 development. Too bad, a pity, just when I (sort of) got the hang of it. I'm going to hang on to Arctic Foxie V11 as long as its still working, but, honestly, I'm unsure that logging into anything at this point is such a good idea with it ... though, could also be said the same about using XP in 2022. For us still on XP, looks like we're back to mozilla based browsers unless somebody decides to back port something. Besides, the author hasn't really been participating in the 360 threads as much lately.

Such hard work that went into it and everyone was soo excited, now, its not longer the 'talk of the town'. Lol =P

Great browser and still hope they don't give up on it.

Yeah, I totally agree with you. 360Chrome seems to be history soon, and tragically, that is a very sad thing. Anyway, I put all my hopes in Mypal 68. Quotation of Feodor2 from the issue #95 at GitHub:

I want complete 68 because it may be better than 91 or 78 so then i shall choose to stay with 68 ans its missed a little new features i shall add.

Cheers, AstroSkipper kaffeepc.gif

Edited by AstroSkipper

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry for the bump...I just wanted to post here to move this thread up again. It's been almost a month since the last post, and while the development on Mypal 68 has been very exciting to watch, NHTPG's 360 builds are still VERY much useful, and still run great in XP SP3.
Hopefully I won't have to do this too often, but I would like this thread to be noticed and valued for as long as possible.
Thank you again for your efforts, @NotHereToPlayGames!

21 hours ago, cmccaff1 said:

Sorry for the bump...I just wanted to post here to move this thread up again. It's been almost a month since the last post, and while the development on Mypal 68 has been very exciting to watch, NHTPG's 360 builds are still VERY much useful, and still run great in XP SP3.
Hopefully I won't have to do this too often, but I would like this thread to be noticed and valued for as long as possible.
Thank you again for your efforts, @NotHereToPlayGames!

I agree 100% - the hard work that went into these browser by our developers should not just become an afterthought. I still use arcticfoxie 360V11 and will continue to do so long as it works. V13 and 13.5 is still a great browser for those that have enough resources.

Thank you @cmccaff1 and hopefully people won't just give up on Chrome for XP and these browser - I believe there is still work to be done, and perhaps they weren't advertised (pushed) enough or in the best way to get the attention of XP users. I always enjoyed limited conversations between myself and @NotHereToPlayGames, was always kind and helpful.

A lot or hard work and passion went into development and we can't let that fade into irrelevance. I'm going to also post to see if our other del @Humming Owl is still with us, also.

Take good care everyone and be well :)