360 Extreme Explorer ArcticFoxie Versions

14 minutes ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Which of these settings are checked versus unchecked?  And please tell me you have NOT NOT NOT enabled "Use hardware acceleration?  This should *NEVER* have *EVER* been a Chrome/Chromium option as far as I'm concerned!

image.png.d13fac91716b09f0542968b2787195ce.png

I thought that the hardware acceleration option didn't do anything on XP anyway?
:dubbio:

It doesn't, that I am aware of.

But I do know this, I've only been using Chromium-based (and it's at the point where I have ZERO plans to ever return to Mozilla-based) for close to two years.

And pretty much EVERYTHING that I have ever searched for in regards to Chromium-based issues along the way, right there in the TOP THREE replies is ALWAYS "disable hardware acceleration".

And that "suggestion" never seems to rely on OS.

It's akin to when you contact tech support for software and the FIRST thing they ALWAYS tell you is "disable your antivirus".

Edited by NotHereToPlayGames

28 minutes ago, D.Draker said:

@Dave-H , I tried the same with an old light theme only because you don't like the dark ones . I've waited for 50 mins or so. Nothing happened.

@NotHereToPlayGames, I know it still says "clean" and I read it could be irrititang for some users , I personally have no problems

with that. Actually it's even somewhat better sounding/spelling for a Frenchman.

Clean.png

You'll need to wait until the program thinks it need optimisation.
It usually pops up for me when I'm playing a YouTube HD video or browsing my Facebook feed.
:)

3 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Doesn't work "upstream" either.  Nothing I can do to fix what is also broken "upstream".

K , thanks , no worries , I was just curious . I thought it has something to do with me using the old themes .

On 5/28/2022 at 9:56 PM, NotHereToPlayGames said:

early beta versions of v13.  Please stop trying to coerce me into creating yet another version.

While you were thinking, the ruzzkies did the repack of the newest 13.5 . called

"360 Extreme Explorer 13.5.2022.0 (Repack & Portable)"

Also , from what I was able to translate, the new 13.0.2310.0 already has the English version so would save the time.

Perhaps someone would be interested to unpack the portable version and compare it with the existing one ? 

Not "coercing" you to do anything . 

P.S. 

My feedback : recently started having problems with some sites/extensions (with v13.5) . Example :

https://www.crx4chrome.com/ won't work with deluminate.crx.

@Dave-H, still wasn't able to replicate the spam window.

43 minutes ago, D.Draker said:

Also , from what I was able to translate, the new 13.0.2310.0 already has the English version so would save the time.

This version is already available as an English release in Humming Owl's thread: kratz.gif

Cheers, AstroSkipper zeitung.gif

1 hour ago, D.Draker said:

Perhaps someone would be interested to unpack the portable version and compare it with the existing one ?

You seem to be the ONLY person wanting an "update" and I kind of feel like you've been pushing it for a VERY long time.

Several posts by you to report upstream updates.

I think the bigger question is "why" ?

The only thing that "upstream" really does is add junk that we remove anyway.

I think the bigger question is "why" ?

Strange .... you wrote you closely follow my feed and then ask a very obvious question . K , I'll answer in plain , simple text : I wanna be prepared in advance. I see we now have even more reduced pool of active users (since @msfntor is no longer with us , I miss him , btw ! Also looks like @Dixelforgot about this site). I could count several more users, just forgot their nicks . I'm talking about version 13.5 users , so Humming Owl doesn't count (like the other two users from Germany). That basically leaves Dave and me . So I represent 50% of the current active users , no ?

Active users = someone who helps or at least writes feedback.

The "simple text" snideness is unwelcomed.  I do not follow your feed!  Never have!  I answer questions in this thread (it's MY thread, afterall).

Much more important things in life then remembering each and every discussion herein.  Much more important.

Don't know what to tell you.  You really should consider diving in and creating it yourself.  It's not that difficult.

And I would be much more inclined to answer questions as to "how" as opposed to being some kind of dog chasing its own tail.

I did not undertake this project to release constant build after build after build each and every time "upstream" makes a minor change that language barrier prevents us from knowing the "exacts" of such a minor change.

The "simple text" snideness is unwelcomed. 

Sorry , excuse me I always forget you're an English speaker . To save you some time , I just tried 13.2310 and didn't like it at all , so you're right about 13.0 newer aren't better.

This 13.0 is over-saturated with bold fonts and over-contrast , I have a good monitor (if you read my today's feed) so a no go for me, totally. 

That leaves the new 13.5 to try ..... but ( a big but ) I'm not sure I want to unpack something from a ruzzkie website ... so we need a guinea pig , lol.

5 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

This version is already available as an English release in Humming Owl's thread: kratz.gif

Cheers, AstroSkipper zeitung.gif

I see ... I'm also beginning to think I represent 50% of the V11 users as it would appear, now, its just myself and you on V11.

I don't know, too bad more people didn't take to this project as it was (still is) a great learning tool and opportunity to benefit from chromium even on older systems.

Guess, you could also blame me @NotHereToPlayGames as I've also been asking you to update V11 into something new a "all the rage" Lol with the "hip crowd", ya know, the cool ones with grease in their hair ... wait ... what era is this we're in?? Shucks ... aren't people still wearing Bell Bottom Pants :unsure::blushing:

Edited by XPerceniol