360 Extreme Explorer ArcticFoxie Versions

I personally wouldn't be surprised if even more "surfaces".

There really is no beneficial gain in v13.5 over v13.  All that was technically changed "upstream" is WHERE the telemetry is stored.

v13.5 mangles telemetry data in with extension data and makes it much more difficult to prevent (especially for those that prefer to keep cookies or passwords from one session to the next).

I personally would not suggest v13.5 for daily use for anyone that keeps cookies or passwords.

22 minutes ago, Dave-H said:

Do you think seriously that I should downgrade to version 13.0 then?
:dubbio:
I'm quite happy to do that as long as my existing profile will still work.
:)

That's no thing! Unpack 360Chrome v13 archive, delete folder User Data and copy your folder User Data from 360Chrome v13.5 to new location. Your old installation won't be touched by doing this. Therefore no risk! You can only win!

No clue, to be honest, kind of totally at the discretion of the end user.

I use an AutoIt script to completely recreate my profile within any version of 360Chrome.  I do not keep sessions, passwords, and cookies.

I don't generally advocate "migrating" an existing profile between browser versions, be it 360Chrome, PM, NM, St, Mypal, et cetera.

Edited by NotHereToPlayGames

3 minutes ago, AstroSkipper said:

Therefore no risk! You can only win!

I wouldn't go that far.  Why keep extension log files that may have telemetry data embedded in them?  All that "upstream" did with anything newer than v13 build 2206 is shuffle around where telemetry data is stored.  I personally do not trust anything higher.

Most users of v13.5 jump through added hoops of deleting all of these embedded data using special tricks with folder/file naming and with the loader .ini file.  These users do not save sessions, passwords, and cookies.

If the end user is wanting their profile to save sessions, passwords, and cookies, then I would encourage those users to UPGRADE to v13 build 2206 - version numbers being MATHEMATICALLY higher is NOT always an "upgrade".

v13.5 is not an "upgrade" over v13.

2 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

... I do not keep sessions, passwords, and cookies.

I don't generally advocate "migrating" an existing profile between browser versions, be it 360Chrome, PM, NM, St, Mypal, et cetera.

I do not either, nothing at all, I delete everything and store nothing, never have.

Just wanted to add: I have started to use V13 build 2206 and it works well, just have to give it (each process) above normal priority and chop everything else because of a slow computer that is way past its prime - so V11 is better but I can see some sites have started to not work correctly but this is expected; of course.

Edited by XPerceniol

Hi @NotHereToPlayGames, VirusTotal has changed its interface. A lot of old browsers didn't work anymore with VT's new interface. I could fix it in @roytam1's browsers and in @feodor2 Mypal 68 by setting variable dom.moduleScripts.enabled to false in about:config. Have a look in this post:

The browsers Mypal 68, New Moon 28 and Serpent 52 are working properly with VT's new interface in Windows XP. Unfortunately the Chrome browsers 360Chrome v11 and 360Chrome v13 are not working with the new interface of virustotal.com. :no: Loading of the new interface works, a file can be uploaded, the hash is generated, but the results (Checking hash) are not shown. :no:  I tried to change some script related flags, but without any success. I already know that there is a link for old browsers: https://www.virustotal.com/old-browsers/, but for external tools or browser add-ons only the new interface is important and will work. Any ideas how this could be fixed in your 360Chrome browsers? :dubbio:

Cheers, AstroSkipper surmene.gif

Edited by AstroSkipper
correction

43 minutes ago, AstroSkipper said:

Unfortunately the Chrome browsers 360Chrome v11 and 360Chrome v13 are not working with the new interface of virustotal.com. :no: Loading of the new interface works, a file can be uploaded, the hash is generated, but the results (Checking hash) are not shown. :no:  I tried to change some script related flags, but without any success. I already know that there is a link for old browsers: https://www.virustotal.com/old-browsers/, but for external tools or browser add-ons only the new interface is important and will work. Any ideas how this could be fixed in your 360Chrome browsers? :dubbio:

Ok, I found the cause of this problem. The extension Download Manager (S3) 5.1.4 prevents showing the hash in 360Chrome v11. This extension has either to be uninstalled or disabled if accessing virustotal.com.

Cheers, AstroSkipper ordi1fun.gif

Edited by AstroSkipper

On 5/22/2022 at 4:24 PM, Dave-H said:

Another interesting thing I've run across with v13.5.
If you enable the 'Enable prerender' option in the speedup dialogue, instead of the usual popup when the system thinks it need cleaning, I get a smaller different popup, and when I click on it, instead of the usual options window I get this -

Clipboard-1.png.34cb0bd80818c8c2999ca2143950b008.png

Some sort of Chinese optimisation software perhaps?
Needless to say I haven't clicked on any of it!
:D

Solved that a long time ago by using the dark theme from version 11 or 12 (? ) , don't remember , just replaced and voila , no crap. Here I attached a screencap of what I have in my 13.5's skin folder . I have zero crap. 

dark skin.png

Thanks for that, although personally I don't like dark themes.
I'm not quite sure why changing the theme would stop that window appearing, it's surely nothing to do with the theme?
:dubbio:

3 hours ago, Dave-H said:

I don't like dark themes.

Well then just put a file with "_light ", that's it . The idea is to use older version is not only because they have less spyware , but also because of the multiple mismatches . For example , when the new 13.5 version calls up for that crap , there's none in that skin file : checkmate.

To answer your question , yes , lots of bloat in the skin files.

I have abandoned v13.5.  But the referenced dialog does NOT appear to be coming from the skin.

It's one of the added bloatware items that is "fetched" when you enable the setting for it (similar to the ad-blocker and download manager bloatware that has already removed from the settings GUI).