360 Extreme Explorer ArcticFoxie Versions

Is anyone else seeing this strange thing with the browser history on 13.5?

I cannot see today's entries (for the 28th). The 27th, which is labelled today, is actually yesterday!
Also, a number of days' entries are doubled up, the two entries for the same date seem to be exact duplicates.

Clipboard-1.thumb.png.8a894a93a7e6a24556d221627b1c0e69.png

:dubbio:

46 minutes ago, Dave-H said:

Is anyone else seeing this strange thing with the browser history on 13.5?

I cannot see today's entries (for the 28th). The 27th, which is labelled today, is actually yesterday!
Also, a number of days' entries are doubled up, the two entries for the same date seem to be exact duplicates.

In history of v11 and 13.0 no problems so far! 360Chtome v13.5 I do not use, therefore I can't check your observation on this version. Sorry!  :(

Edited by AstroSkipper

On 4/26/2022 at 2:36 PM, Dave-H said:

and it made itself the default browser without being asked, and installed a load of other crap on my system too!

Dave , I'm sorry that happened. I warned and wrote to you and everyone else to use 7-zip and to extract the installer . You could also use it with any portable launcher you use and delete the junk files.

14 hours ago, Dave-H said:

a number of days' entries are doubled up, the two entries for the same date seem to be exact duplicates.

Try the followinng . Find and eliminate the folder called DailyBackup and then place there an empty txt file (not folder!) without extension with the same name !

There's a huge number of files/folders you could replace , see mine. So you basically just replacing the collected bloat . Files with folders and vice versa. This will prevent them from being created in the future.

vice_versa.png

13 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

You mean something like Speeddial for Firefox and Pale Moon?

No, not bookmarks. Full webpages using frames to simulate tabs.

I've done something similar in the past. I'll try to mock up a demo tomorrow.

The idea is to save resources by virtualizing multiple tabs into one physical tab.

3 hours ago, D.Draker said:

Dave , I'm sorry that happened. I warned and wrote to you and everyone else to use 7-zip and to extract the installer . You could also use it with any portable launcher you use and delete the junk files.

Yes, with hindsight I think I should have gone a bit further than I did!
I did use 7-zip to extract the installation file from the package I downloaded, but I then just ran that.
What I should have done is then use 7-zip again on the installation file and just used the extracted files!
I'll certainly remember next time!
:D

2 hours ago, D.Draker said:

Try the followinng . Find and eliminate the folder called DailyBackup and then place there an empty txt file (not folder!) without extension with the same name !

There's a huge number of files/folders you could replace , see mine. So you basically just replacing the collected bloat . Files with folders and vice versa. This will prevent them from being created in the future.

vice_versa.png

There is no DailyBackup file or folder on my system.
Anyway, I don't want to disable the history, I just find out why it doesn't seem to be working properly.
:)

5 hours ago, Dave-H said:

There is no DailyBackup file or folder on my system.
Anyway, I don't want to disable the history, I just find out why it doesn't seem to be working properly.
:)

1- The "dailybackup" may or may not appear . It depends on the sites you visit . For example, when I visit my gym site , it logs my activity.

So putting a blank shan't do any harm.

2- All of these on my screenshot are replaced with blanks because they are pure spies. History functions without them.

4 hours ago, Dave-H said:

These are all the folders I have in my 360Chrome profile, nowhere near the number that you seem to have!

Still loads of bloat .The most evil junk is Service Worker , do you know what that is ? It's an encrypted fingerprint . Your fingerprint , it's a cookie that never expires. The website will know you had visited them before . Replace it with a blank txt file ASAP! If you scroll this topic several hundreds pages back , we discussed it with the original poster. I initiated the replacements with blanks because I was not satisfied with some telemetry which was still there.

Regards.

23 hours ago, Anbima said:

How can I download and install the extension at the ungoogled version?

Easiest way is downloading it from https://www.crx4chrome.com/ and you'll need KeePass from https://keepass.info/ along with KeePassRPC plugin. Portable version should work out-of-the-box on XP if you have at least .NET Framework 2.0 installed, best to have 4.0 for the best compatibility though, particularly with 3rd party extensions. This little app is totally unsupported on old Windows and presumably .NET Frameworks, but it's coded in a way that lack of features it can use simply makes them unavailable rather than entire application to not work at all.

I don't remember when the installer was upgraded to Windows 7+ version, I can upload the one I made for KeePass version 2.49 a while back if you want the installer, retro-compatible (works on Win98) with translations (at least those 100% completed).

23 hours ago, Anbima said:

Is there a masterpassword and are the login data filled out automatically?

The key that unlocks the database may be composed with the combination of a master password, a key file and a tie to Windows user account. I personally only use master password.

Login form auto-filling is handled by the browser extension and should work for most sites as long as your password entries have URL field filled. Extension must also authenticate with KeePass to connect to it, you get a prompt to input generated password to authenticate. Then it's authenticated for a year before it expires and you get another prompt then. Of course, you can experiment with security settings to make it a pain for browser extension to connect to KeePass. Naturally, extension can only get data from the database when KeePass is running and the database is opened.

5 hours ago, Dave-H said:

These are all the folders I have in my 360Chrome profile, nowhere near the number that you seem to have!

Clipboard-1.png.7d1689e445258c733da13873779c761c.png

Yeah, have those folder but I delete them, but they are still files being written and I monitor activity and 360 is sneaky.

Still, no matter where I change my directory to, still have to deal with

\360\User Data\Default\Service Worker\CacheStorage

No matter how many times I delete 360\User Data\Default\Service Worker\CacheStorage comes up with new folders with hidden files and it remembers?!?!

Just now after deleting manually ... I now have \360\User Data\Default\Service Worker\CacheStorage\34cb3e63b107e254e8d4b3457fe14a457b21be66\e974f12b-e70c-489c-bbb4-d128b8a35806\index-dir ... with a file that is named the-real-index and it comes back every time. If I leave the folder it will create the files, but if I delete the folder, it will create new folders. 

And:

360\User Data\Default\IndexedDB remembers exactly what I've listened to and watched. Of course, the loader will delete it but it comes right back and they indeed know.

Not sure, but suspect this is the case with all Chrome browsers.

spacer.png

Edited by XPerceniol
sorry, guys about the edits.