360 Extreme Explorer ArcticFoxie Versions

1 hour ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

I personally never store passwords in browsers of even ENGLISH origin!

I view "browser-stored" passwords as an invitation for hackers and cybercriminals and what we used to call "script kiddies".

I totally agree! I do never store passwords in any browsers, but for me there is a significant difference between an European build and Russian or Chinese build of a browser due to telemetry, security, sense of justice, influence of goverment, political motivation ... and therefore trust in such creators. :yes:

Edited by AstroSkipper
correction

52 minutes ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

I do not use the "latest and greatest" by version number because all the Chinese folks did was add telemetry methods to newer builds - who cares when our end result is to remove that telemetry?

No problem.
V11 is really super fast. Very good work.
I thought maybe an update would fix the error message when opening the settings.

On 4/27/2022 at 12:17 PM, AstroSkipper said:

In 1986 my first personal computer with the 8088 cpu had only 64 640 KB RAM too. No harddisk, only two 5.25 floppy devices.

I forgot a zero and corrected my post, so not 64 KB but 640 KB RAM. Although totally off-topic (sorry for that!), I forgot to mention two very old computers I own: an Atari 800 XL with 64 KB RAM of year 1984 and an Atari 1040 ST with 1 MB RAM (upgraded to unbeliebable 4 MB) of year 1986. Both Atari computers are working and fully functional in today. That was quality at its finest and will never be repeated. My Atari 800 XL is 38 and my Atari 1040 ST 36 years old. And they have survived hard times! :cheerleader:

Edited by AstroSkipper
correction

12 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

I personally never store passwords in browsers of even ENGLISH origin!

I view "browser-stored" passwords as an invitation for hackers and cybercriminals and what we used to call "script kiddies".

Also would never do such. Besides, I get lazy and would forget my password if I did that. Lol..

On 4/27/2022 at 11:37 AM, Anbima said:

If I enter a URL in the address line, the input is delayed.
Deleting with backspace is also delayed.

It seems that data is transmitted for search suggestions.
Suggestions are not displayed (I don't need it either).

Can someone confirm this?
Is there a solution for this?

Yes, I can confirm this as this has been (still is) the case with V11 and V12 (which i don't use) but not the case with V13 as there is no typing lag. I've not been able to pinpoint the cause, unfortunately.  I put up with minor issues with v11 as overall its very good and look forward to the updates.

Edited by XPerceniol

8 minutes ago, UCyborg said:
26 minutes ago, Anbima said:

Which password managers do you use?

KeePass (2.xx variant)

26 minutes ago, Anbima said:

How can I download and install the extension at the ungoogled version?
Is there a masterpassword and are the login data filled out automatically?

45 minutes ago, jumper said:

Are there still any extensions or websites that enable viewing multiple subsites in one tab by using frames? Before tabbed browsing became standard there used to be.

You mean something like Speeddial for Firefox and Pale Moon?
If so, try Speed Dial 2
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/speed-dial-2-new-tab/jpfpebmajhhopeonhlcgidhclcccjcik
or Visual bookmarks
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/visual-bookmarks/jdbgjlehkajddoapdgpdjmlpdalfnenf
or Simple Speed Dial (looks similar to old Speeddial): 
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/simple-speed-dial/gpdpldlbafdmhlmcdllcjgoigmpjonfc

Cheers, AstroSkipper :)

Edited by AstroSkipper
addition