360 Extreme Explorer ArcticFoxie Versions

54 minutes ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

16 megabytes!?

I mean, you keep writing MB where you mean GB.

My next computer will probably have 32 GB of RAM and 8 CPU cores. I'll never run out of RAM again! I remember digital life being miserable with just 1 GB of RAM and single-core CPU in 2008.

Edited by UCyborg

52 minutes ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Not sure what you are saying.

If the font is normal in 360Chrome but not displaying correct in other programs, then it's not a 360Chrome question and should probably be asked in a general XP thread instead of a 360Chrome thread.

If anti-aliasing is switched off, then it is the way I want it to be in all programs.
Just not in 360Chrome.
In 360Chrome it only gets better when I turn on anti-aliasing to "Standard".

If I call a website in a batch file with V11, it is loaded twice in quick succession.
I have a file that sends an email when called and I get two emails.
With other browsers I only get an email.

e.g. E:\Programme\360Chrome11\Chrome\Application\360chrome.exe https://www.test.com/test.php

How can i eliminate this?

Addendum:
If I copy the file directly to the address bar, it also executes twice.
If I then do a reload, then it executes once.

Edited by Anbima

4 hours ago, UCyborg said:

@NotHereToPlayGames
Bruh, my first computer had 16 MB of RAM, in 1997!

Anyway, I only trialed Mypal 68 for a short time in single-process mode, before figuring out IgnoreException trick usability for this browser, which I also use now successfully to get around access violation exception popup, but single-process mode was a definite path to (more) instability.

Here, this is where you stated 16 MB in 1997.  I then cited my Commodore 64 which only had 64 KB.  :cool:

27 minutes ago, Anbima said:

If anti-aliasing is switched off, then it is the way I want it to be in all programs.
Just not in 360Chrome.
In 360Chrome it only gets better when I turn on anti-aliasing to "Standard".

Did you experiment with this flag enabled versus disabled?

image.thumb.png.23b339ea10e18d6bde5da05f5aadf5cb.png

3 minutes ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Did you experiment with this flag enabled versus disabled?

Yes, but that didn't change anything.

See the following page with anti-aliasing "off" and then with anti-aliasing "Standard":
https://steinhof.pl

Edited by Anbima

21 minutes ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

I did not originally state MB - reread the thread, that was your computer in 1997.  Where 16 MB still sounds low for 1997, nobody had GB of RAM in 1997.

I meant...

11 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Same here.  I have nine computers and only two of them have LESS than 4 MB RAM.  But I still use v11 even on computers with 8 and 16 MB RAM.

Pretty sure I saw it at least one more time in the past as well.

27 minutes ago, Anbima said:

See the following page with anti-aliasing "off" and then with anti-aliasing "Standard":

You will need to teach yourself how to block third-party fonts.

You will find thousands of web sites like that and they all have one thing in common - third-party fonts.

image.png.c0d993935917cc67df4d78d825194600.png

If I block third-party fonts, then the page is no longer displayed correctly.
Select a vehicle and you will see it.

With other browsers (Firefox basis) it always looks good even with activated third-party fonts.
Why can't 360Chrome handle this?

Firefox and Chrome do not define "third-party" the same way.

Fonts in Firefox versus Chrome is COMPLEX.

I've used this in the past, maybe this will serve your needs - https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/419363-全局微软雅黑 or https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/419362-全局思源黑体

But the bottom line is that fonts in Firefox versus Chrome is COMPLEX - you will not solve these font differences without leaning on something like Tampermonkey or Stylus.

how to copy 360chrome v13 folder to another pc while retaining bookmarks , passwords , extensions , settings and cookies.
supposedly only required for chrome xp engine 80 and above so should not be needed to do for v11 and v12.

for this to work you need to change the following settings in explorer.
tools / folder options / view :
check / Display the contents of system folders.
check / Show hidden files and folders.
uncheck / Hide protected operating system files.

download newsid 4.1 zip from here : https://newsid.softag.com/

to find the current user sid , download pstools : https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/pstools
run this cmd in the folder where PsGetsid.exe is : psgetsid %username%
this will provide the current active user sid.

another method , for if only one user account is used , on the host pc in regedit go to :
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList

where the number ending with 500 is the admin account. (leave that)
copy the other (current user) sid (copy key name) from the host pc ending with 1003 to a text file and save the file.
close regedit.

run newsid 4.1 on the second pc (not the host pc) and paste the above sid from the text file in the bottom field.
click start and let the pc reboot when done. (close running applications if possible before running newsid)
make a full system backup first if you can. (not system restore)

copy the 360chrome folder from host pc to the other one and run and close 360chrome twice from there.
now delete the 360 folder.

after doing so now there are two C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR USERNAME\Application Data\Microsoft\Protect\S-1-5-21 folders.
delete all files in the new Microsoft\Protect\S-1-5-21-xxxxxx folder matching the new user sid. (should be two)

copy all files from the Microsoft\Protect\S-1-5-21-xxxxxx folder not matching the new sid from the txt file to the S-1-5-21-xxxxxx folder matching the new user sid.
next , copy the 1 kb files from when chrome was first run on the host pc and the newer ones to the second pc , now same name S-1-5-21-xxxxxx folder.
delete the old S-1-5-21 folder on the second pc.

copy the 360chrome folder again from the host pc to the other. (do not use previous copied one)
start the loader and all will be there now.

tested on single user winxp - sp3 pc's with 360ChromePortable_13.5.1030_rebuild_6.
did not test with multiple user accounts sid's.
i wanted to have a backup option for the configured 360chrome folder on another pc.
also make chrome more "portable" between my 5 xp pc's.
proceed at your own risk as always ...

Edited by rereser