360 Extreme Explorer ArcticFoxie Versions

@NotHereToPlayGames...

I have been reading here about your browser and am interested in giving it a go,although I have some questions in regard to it,especially your version 11 "ungoogled"

1)Could you let me know how many processes are created and need to run,and the approx. CPU usage for each process?

2) Does program have ability to import/export bookmarks/favorites from other browsers....(HTML.txt}..?

3)Can NOScript V.5.19 be installed?

4)Is the latest version of 11 complete with English Lang only, NO chinese.?  Have seen the fix and would rather not go through that procedure!

Thank you for your time and consideration,

All the Best

43 minutes ago, henry18th said:

@NotHereToPlayGames...

I have been reading here about your browser and am interested in giving it a go,although I have some questions in regard to it,especially your version 11 "ungoogled"

1)Could you let me know how many processes are created and need to run,and the approx. CPU usage for each process?

2) Does program have ability to import/export bookmarks/favorites from other browsers....(HTML.txt}..?

3)Can NOScript V.5.19 be installed?

4)Is the latest version of 11 complete with English Lang only, NO chinese.?  Have seen the fix and would rather not go through that procedure!

Thank you for your time and consideration,

All the Best

An Intel Core 2 Duo T7500 with no web sites open and seven extensions will load three processes ranging from 71.2k to 84.2k.
An Intel Core i7-4770 with two MSFN pages open and six extensions will load four processes ranging from 58.8k to 88.5k with the "current" tab at 225.9k.
These numbers will always fluctuate.
For the sake of reference, I'm showing a much MUCH higher 436.8k to 522.4k range for Roytam's BNavigator's one process with one extension and two Google tabs open.

Yes, you can import HTML bookmarks.

NoScript 5.1.9 is a legacy Firefox version numbering.  I do not recall the first version available for Chrome, I use version 11.2.3 and intentionally do not use any of the newer versions of NoScript.  Mileage may vary.

Yes, English ONLY and NO Chinese.

Will work perfectly on XP SP3 with SSE2.

Edited by NotHereToPlayGames

@NotHereToPlayGames..

Hadn,t expected your quick response as I read you were off for a while....Hope your Dad was okay!!....Thanks very much for the detailed answers!!

In regards to your recommended version of NoScript version 11.2.3,is there any difference of installing the .xpi file or the .zip file...Which one would you suggest?

Thanks again...

On 3/14/2022 at 10:08 AM, NotHereToPlayGames said:

I cannot find any references to that address in chrome.dll.

I suppose it could be some "certificate update" but I block any-and-all "certificate crap" on my computer, it's a broken system and I feel more "secure" WITHOUT IT.

HI!

Same - hope is well with you and your family.

Slight hesitant to sound like a (compete) nincompoop (medical term, of course) how did you block and disable the "certificate crap" on your computer? I agree, don't need nor care about it. I understand the risk if I decide to visit a website that is "secure". Without updated root certificates, how do you manage to even go on the internet?

Thanks in advance :)

All is good with dad - aside from an 81yr old thinking he "needs" a brand new plugin hybrid at $40,000 PLUS when he can't drive to and from the pharmacist without KNOCKING OVER HIS OWN MAILBOX.

My theory - the "reason" we have technologies like "lane assist", "backup cameras", "auto-braking", et cetera is because OLD FARTS *REFUSE* to admit that they SHOULD NOT BE DRIVING!

But anywhoo...

2 hours ago, henry18th said:

is there any difference of installing the .xpi file or the .zip file

.xpi files are for Mozilla-based browsers.

.crx files are for Chromium-based browsers.

I get my NoScript .crx from here  --  https://www.crx4chrome.com/crx/237635/

In fact, I download all of my .crx extensions from crx4chrome and never directly from the Chrome Web Store (which will not work when using the "ungoogled" version anyway).

1 hour ago, XPerceniol said:

how did you block and disable the "certificate crap" on your computer?

All I really do is uncheck a few of XP's Internet Properties settings.

image.png.62d1edd748680d1aa90daeb761926694.png

And then I do NOT allow 360Chrome to "revoke" either.

image.png.9c39dca122023eedd6e76092b4f3a632.png

Also, my XP has Internet Explorer completely disabled so the OS cannot "piggyback" on top of IE and "connect" to anything.

At least that's always been my assumption, I don't exactly monitor network traffic 24/7 for 20 years and read logs every night  :ph34r:

Good to hear everything is alright. 

Thank you for the fast reply - I have the same set and also the following flag. 

I have disabled IE as well and remove DEP / Integrated Win Auth / Native Profile Assist / Smart Screen ... and enable TLS 1.2. I don't allow Dom Storage either. 

Again - thanks and I'm surprised I'm doing something right for a change. 

spacer.png

PS: I usually still get a green padlock on most sites with your 360 V11

Edited by XPerceniol

Good grief ...

even with IE disabled (or so I thought, anyway), I'm still able to access websites using (typing in the address bar in)  windows explorer.

Ugh :(

spacer.png

Looks like I may have to ( indeed ) stay up 24/7 and monitor traffic. Oh well ... sleep is overrated; or so they say. Just as I suspected, IE is never (truly) gone and baked into windows explorer. What a way to end the evening so I'll be expecting nightmares tonight :realmad:

Edited by XPerceniol

My Windows Explorer does not access the internet, I get an "Application not found" error - intentionally set up this way.

What you do is go to your C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer folder (and C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer folder if 64-bit OS) and rename IEXPLORE.EXE to something like IEXPLORE.EX_ then create a folder by the name of IEXPLORE.EXE

XP does not allow a FOLDER and a FILE to be named the same, so I rename the FILE and create a FOLDER with the files original name so that XP can't "recreate" the FILE that I am intentionally blocking.

edit - I go one step further.  This file/folder naming scheme completely disables Internet Explorer!  But I keep it as the system's "default" web browser!  I have never set Mypal, New Moon, or 360Chrome as a "default" web browser.

So my XP doesn't really have a "default" web browser - intentionally.

I started doing this decades ago when "software installations" first started OPENING a web browser page and take you to the developer's web site or open a 'thank you for installing' web site.

When the installer forces a web page to open, it basically tracks/records the IP Address of everybody that installed the trialware software - not on my system!

Edited by NotHereToPlayGames

Hey @NotHereToPlayGamesI have a probably pretty silly question... but since there are no logs or any references for 'updates' or what changes so to say that i found... i had to ask it:

What would be the difference between the 'rebuilds'? for example, I've been using Mypal 29.3.0 still as my main browser on xp (even with it being basically the 'latest' till and if feodor does something else and with it already having some issues with certain sites) However, your v11 has been a godsend to help with those few sites that mypal can't handle or handles poorly. However, i've seen been using 360ChromePortable_11.0.2031_rebuild_5, so rebuild 5.. and i've seen the 'latest' is now 9. so i had to wonder what changed? should i bother to update it to rebuild 9?

Honestly my biggest complain about v11 is that overall as something 'to keep running' it quite a challenge? i guess that's the word im looking for as it eats memory like nothing else, and even if u don't open many tabs but like 2-3 you can already see it eating and not letting go even if u close those over again. something that with 'mypal' i find super controllable/manageable.

I guess my biggest hope that maybe rebuild 8 is better than 5 in that regard? well one can dream :D but figured i'd ask regardless