360 Extreme Explorer ArcticFoxie Versions

@XPerceniol - are you using UBO or uMatrix?

If so, visit https://www.mathon.fr and look at the UBO or uMatrix dropdown -

image.png.27953002241295cb7917c63153a7ee17.png

Note that in my config, uMatrix "thinks" there is a script being allowed at www.mathon.fr - but they (plural) are in reality being "replaced" by one dummy script by Proxomitron and no scripts are being allowed.

image.thumb.png.e2d7c8df22117d9e129854adc148f93d.png

But if I allow that script, this is what the dropdown looks like -

image.png.d1a7b9d7f72508b29a19b34b9e2ce166.png

The key is that 16ao.mathon.fr - it did not actually come from mathon.fr, it arrived through CNAME trickery as a "subdomain".
I now block ALL subdomains with my Proxomitron config.
This also blocks media.mathon.fr (which I don't care about because it's a French web site that I'll never visit).
But I can whitelist the media subdomain while still blocking the 16ao subdomain.
Plus, with this approach, I could care less if 16ao changes to 17ao or 19zo or 20az, I could list a thousand, they are blocked by default and I didn't have to wait for a UBO "list" author to find it, update it, and redistribute the "list".

Edited by NotHereToPlayGames

That is valid for this thread - I personally do not agree with "OT" anywhere, not here, not there, if the conversation leads us here, then it is not "OT".  [Well, "within reason", and we all know when "within reason" has been overstepped.]

I agree that Firefox and Chrome can tackle CNAME "trickery" differently.

What could be "OT" is if the Firefox + UBO method to prevent the CNAME "trickery" can not be ran on "Older NT-Family OSes".

I don't run Firefox and I don't run UBO - so I rely on others for that info.

I can speak towards XP + 360Chrome + NoScript + uMatrix and that combo has blocked each and every CNAME trickery that has been presented thus far.

I have Proxomitron as a fall-back in the event that NoScript + uMatrix isn't going to be enough - but so far those two alone has blocked every CNAME "trickery" we have seen thus far.

22 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Drastic times call for drastic measures.

Sure, it's only MSFN's keylogger "today", but will you catch the next web site that's logging your keys?

Kinda doesn't surprise me.  I've often opted to keep "older" extensions and disable any-and-all "automatic updates".

I don't use a million of websites . I use MSFN , the bloody instagran (where I buy sports food) , sometimes twitster (that also started to force me to login , but I don't even have an account!) . And a couple more . That's it . I'm a simple fella who enjoys working out in the gym or dating with no strings attached. Proxymythron is too complicated for me , sorry. It's just too much to do.

I'd better go and play some NOT complicated game.

>>>>

Forgot my gym website.

4 hours ago, D.Draker said:

Proxymythron is too complicated for me , sorry. It's just too much to do.

Yeah, I feared that was going to be the case for most folks.  That was true in 2004 when I started using it.  Still true today even with the "modern web" basically making it more vital than ever before.

3 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

That was true in 2004

2004 ?! Oh , 2004 now looks so good compared to these days ! These days something that is not a smartphone app would be too complicated for most ! I don't know where you live , but I live in an electronic hell/prison . My neighbour pays for the food with his face ! Yes , that's right . He scans his face to make payments . He likes it and thinks it's very convenient/easy. 

I'm seeing if I can find a non-Proxomitron solution.

When it comes to the MSFN keylogger, all we need to do is prevent a specific javascript timer.

But we cannot block all timers because then the reply box doesn't "expand" when you click inside the small reply box and it expands into the actual reply box.

Proxomitron is smart enough to know which timer to block and which timer not to block.

Most of the Tampermonkey solutions block the javascript "event" alongside the javascript "timer".

Disregard - Proxomitron is a solution that works for me and it's too time-consuming to reinvent the wheel when I already have a wheel that works for me.

Maybe a Tampermonkey / Greasemonkey / Violentmonkey / Userscripts guru will come along and offer something, but that level of scripting is kind of above my head, I can "see" (most of) what existing code does, but I cannot write the code from the ground up.

Keylog on this forum to me is a non-issue, strokes are intended to be posted publicly anyway. If concerned about a typo or changing the tone of a post, use a text editor beforehand. If experiencing hothead or altered judgement wait a day before posting. It's doubtful anyone here, even administrators, care about what was keylogged before posting.

No special tools needed to stop keylogging, even RetroZilla with JavaScript disabled is adequate., that simple.

For large reply box toggle between View -> Use Style -> None/Default. Not sure about Chrome-based but this works in RetroZilla and modern SeaMonkey, probably mainstream Firefox too.
Edited by Wunderbar98

Agreed!
I've never seen the keylogging to be "nefarious" (and I've posted that sentiment several times).
I kinda feel like those that "do" find it to be "nefarious" that they should just boycott MSFN, why complain about the keylogger but still be here?
Let your feet do the talking.
That's kinda my thoughts.

My biggest reason for bringing Proxomitron back as far as filtering javascript is my credit card and checking account.
Everything is done online and I prefer to "reconcile" account statements (which in-and-of-itself is probably "old-school").
I got tired of the nag-screens that would pop up, "You've been idle for too long" and then log me out automatically unless I click to stay logged in.
With Proxomitron, I don't get those d#mn nag-screen pop-ups and I can spend 12 minutes to "reconcile" statements instead of the altotted 2 or 4 or whenever those d#mn nag-screens pop up.

edit - I just timed one of the accounts, it wants to time-out at 8min 10sec.  Probably 8min plus or minus depending on second-hand of the clock.  At any rate, with Proxomitron I can take an hour to "reconcile" if I want  :cheerleader:

No more Yahoo for me with this browser ! Crashes in Inbox. ALL 13.x versions , the same behaviour , but I've managed to grab a screenshot of the exact error ! Hooray !

Any ideas ? About the extesions , I have uBlock ver. 1.3 and "dark tones" (which I tried to delete, not helping). Everything was FINE until today !

yahoo.png