360 Extreme Explorer ArcticFoxie Versions

Also V11 Speaking:

I've disabled..

#device-discovery-notifications

#enable-optimization-hints - Enable the Optimization Hints feature which incorporates server hints into decisions for what optimizations to perform on some pages on slow networks. – Mac, Windows, Linux, Chrome

#enable-app-bannersOS, Android - app BannersEnable the display of Progressive Web App banners, which prompt a user to add a web app to their shelf, or other platform-specific equivalent. – Mac, Windows, Linux, Chrome OS

#enable-experimental-app-banners - Enables a new experimental app banner flow and UI. Implies #enable-app-banners. – Mac, Windows, Linux, Chrome OS, Android

#enable-experimental-productivity-features - Enable support for experimental developer productivity features, such as Layered APIs and policies for avoiding slow rendering. – Mac, Windows, Linux, Chrome OS, Android

#top-sites-from-site-engagement - Enable Top Sites on the New Tab Page to be sourced and sorted using site engagement. – Mac, Windows, Linux, Chrome OS, Android

Just yet another quick question @NotHereToPlayGamesabout the new version of 13.5.
It says on the first post that the links are "Download links for starting from scratch with a NEW PROFILE:"
That implies that they can't be used with an existing profile, is that right?
Also I can't remember whether I have an un-Googled version or not!
I can use the Chrome Web Store, so am I right in assuming it must be a version that isn't "un-Googled"?
Thanks, Dave.
:)

If you have an "Add to" or "Remove from" button/link when you visit the Chrome Web Store, then you have the "regular" version and not the "ungoogled".

I basically have the disclaimer about starting from scratch because you can "break" the way that the browser is "supposed" to work if you try to import or use an existing profile without knowing what you are doing.

It's easiest to always start from scratch and re-install all of your extensions.

Edited by NotHereToPlayGames

Yes, I can add extensions with a button on the Web Store pages, so definitely not "un-Googled"!
I will try putting the updated version into a temporary folder and transfer my existing profile to it, and see if it works.
If not, no big deal if I have to start from scratch again, although I have saved a lot of (non-critical!) passwords and that sort of thing, which I would rather not have to do all over again!
:)

I'v disabled:

#site-characteristics-database - Records usage of some features in a database while a tab is in background (title/favicon update, audio playback or usage of non-persistent notifications). – Mac, Windows, Linux, Chrome OS

I'm going through everything related to "Touch* and "Sensor" and have disabled much and the text has not vanashed as of yet on v11. Fingers Crossed :)

Edited by XPerceniol

18 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Any luck with coming up with a combination where text doesn't vanish?

Ok ... I did this myself today the long way and I've been spending time for the last 4 hours online with the following flags set to:

Misc

#disable-direct-write <--Set to Disabled from its default Enabled

#disable-accelerated-2d-canvas <--Set to Disabled from its default Enabled

#enable-offline-auto-reload <--Set to Disabled from its default Undefined

#in-product-help-demo-mode-choice <--Set to Disabled from its default Undefined

#reduced-referrer-granularity <--Set to Enabled from its default Disalbed

#enable-new-app-menu-icon <--Set to Disabled from its default Undefined

#top-sites-from-site-engagement <--Set to Disabled from its default Undefined

#enable-emoji-context-menu <--Set to Disabled from its default Undefined

#enable-experimental-productivity-features <--Set to Disabled from its default Undefined

#site-characteristics-database <--Set to Disabled from its default Undefined

Memory and Prefetch

#automatic-tab-discarding <--Set to Enabled from its default Undefined

#enable-nostate-prefetch <--Set to Disabled from its default Undefined

WASM

#enable-asm-webassembly <--Set to Disabled from its default Undefined

#enable-webassembly <--Set to Disabled from its default Undefined

#enable-webassembly-streaming <--Set to Disabled from its default Undefined

#enable-webassembly-baseline <--Set to Disabled from its default Undefined

#enable-webassembly-threads <--Set to Disabled from its default Undefined

Touch

#touch-events <--Set to Disabled from its default Undefined

#disable-touch-adjustment <--Set to Disabled from its default Enabled (wen't back to its default "Enabled")

#touchpad-overscroll-history-navigation <--Set to Disabled from its default Undefined

#enable-touch-drag-drop <--Set to Disabled from its default Undefined

Hardware Acceleration

#disable-accelerated-video-decode <--Set to Disabled from its default Enabled

#disable-cast-streaming-hw-encoding <--Set to Disabled from its default Enabled

Service Worker

#enable-service-worker-script-full-code-cache <-- Disabled from its default Undefined

#enable-pwa-full-code-cache <--Set to Disabled from its default Undefined

#service-worker-payment-apps <--Set to Disabled from its default Undefined

#just-in-time-service-worker-payment-app <--Set to Disabled from its default Undefined

#enable-speculative-service-worker-start-on-query-input <--Set to Disabled from its default Undefined

Device Discovery

#device-discovery-notifications <--Set to Disabled from its default Undefined

Video

#enable-new-remote-playback-pipeline <--Set to Disabled from its default Undefined

Optimization Hints

#enable-optimization-hints <--Set to Disabled from its default Undefined

App Banners

#enable-app-banners <--Set to Disabled from its default Undefined

#enable-experimental-app-banners <--Set to Disabled from its default Undefined

Gamepad

#enable-gamepad-extensions <--Set to Disabled from its default Undefined

#enable-gamepad-vibration <--Set to Disabled from its default Undefined

#webxr-gamepad-support <--Set to Disabled from its default Undefined

Virtual Reality (VR) and Augmented Reality (AR) devices

#webxr <--Set to Disabled from its default Undefined

#webxr-gamepad-support <--Set to Disabled from its default Undefined

#webxr-orientation-sensor-device <--Set to Disabled from its default Undefined

#openvr <--Set to Disabled from its default Undefined

Cache

#save-previous-document-resources-until <--Set to "Don't explicitly save resources"  from its default Undefined

Cache Autofill Query Responses
When enabled, autofill will cache the responses it receives from the crowd-sourced field type prediction server. – Mac, Windows, Linux, Chrome OS, Android

#autofill-cache-query-responses <--- Set to Disabled from its default Undefined

Third-party parser-blocking scripts

#disallow-doc-written-script-loads <--Set to Enabled from its default Undefined

Video

#disable-cast-streaming-hw-encoding <--Set to Disabled from its default Enabled

#enable-new-remote-playback-pipeline <--Set to Disabled from its default Undefined

Sensor

#enable-generic-sensor <--Set to Disabled from its default Undefined

#enable-generic-sensor-extra-classes <--Set to Disabled from its default Undefined

Honestly, I'm uncertain when a flag is set to default with no preference to disabled/enabled (undefined), but since I don't know, I opted to use my common sense and judgement (guess) and enable or disable according to general research online. Thus far, the text has not vanished so please feel free to try out what I am using, but just keep in mind, I'm pretty basic and this is just a desktop with mouse and keyboard and I'm looking for a basic experience. I realize not everyone would want to disable everything and some might very well use some of those features, but I simply don't and wouldn't. I will say, without question, that I've been watching

Please correct me if something doesn't look right.

EDIT:

And I'm only testing this for V11.

Edited by XPerceniol

I understand. I wanted to do it, actually. 

If you have time, let me know what you also have as above set to ... meaning, what you also use apart from its default. If you have time and want to, that is. 

Am going to test:

Security Related

Enable GPU AppContainer Lockdown.
Enables the use of an AppContainer for the GPU sandboxed processes to improve security. – Windows

#enable-gpu-appcontainer

Enable AppContainer Lockdown.
Enables the use of an AppContainer on sandboxed processes to improve security. – Windows

#enable-appcontainer

Will report any issues with V11. So far; so good and its much faster now and I feel I've removed a lot things I won't ever use. 

Told ya I was all into this now :cheerleader:and (your) V11 is my default browser. I'm sort of in between on "Security" and the balance and I don't seek to make things slower for the sake of. Question answered by @Sampei.Nihira

Edited by XPerceniol

@XPerceniol

Hi,:)

XP does not have Integrity Levels, so enabling Appcontainer works with an OS from Vista onwards.

In chrome-based browsers a setting with flags alone would not be sufficient, you would have to use Command Line Switches as well.

https://peter.sh/experiments/chromium-command-line-switches/

P.S.

The Trace functions are also interesting:

https://absolutedouble.co.uk/trace/

Edited by Sampei.Nihira