360 Extreme Explorer ArcticFoxie Versions

OK, I've set things up in Stylus, and it works!
Thanks very much.
:worship:
The resulting font on Digital Spy looks a bit blurry, but at least things like italics are rendered properly now.
:yes:
All my research indicates that custom.css no longer works in later Chromium versions.

Wow ... I'm one of those that use V11 as defaul. You guys figured it out?! My mind is mush tonight, but I hope to learn to modify and improve this to fix it, but that is 'over my head', sad to say.

Will try again in the AM. 

Ugh ... sorry guys, I shouldn't be online tonight but this perked me up. 

Edited by XPerceniol

26 minutes ago, XPerceniol said:

You guys figured it out?! My mind is mush tonight, but I hope to learn to modify and improve this to fix it, but that is 'over my head', sad to say.

Yep, we got it figured out.

As for your learning curve, I only use five extensions and three of them can fix Digital Spy fonts all by itself.
   1)  Easiest  --  NoScript  --  block fonts on gstatic.com
   2)  Medium difficulty  --  Stylus  --  unset body font-family
   3)  Hardest  --  Tampermonkey  --  replace "libre franklin" font-family with any font of your preference

Edited by NotHereToPlayGames

For those that prefer the Tampermonkey route, I no longer use this and prefer to block fonts by default with NoScript then use a "Clean Font Families" Tampermonkey script for the very few fonts that NoScript cannot block because they're not sourced externally.

I don't recall where this originally came from and I know I've edited it since then, but this is the script I used to use to replace problematic fonts -

// ==UserScript==
// @name Replace Font Families
// @version 0.1.1
// @include *
// ==/UserScript==

var tags = document.getElementsByTagName('*');
for (var i in tags) {

var style = getComputedStyle(tags, '');
        if (style.fontFamily.match(/Playfair Display/i)) {
                var fonts = style.fontFamily.split(',');
                for (var j in fonts) {
                        if (fonts[j].match(/Playfair Display/i)) {
                                fonts[j] = 'Didot';
                        }
                }
                tags.style.fontFamily = fonts.join(',');
        }

var style = getComputedStyle(tags, '');
        if (style.fontFamily.match(/Source Sans Pro/i)) {
                var fonts = style.fontFamily.split(',');
                for (var j in fonts) {
                        if (fonts[j].match(/Source Sans Pro/i)) {
                                fonts[j] = 'sans-serif';
                        }
                }
                tags.style.fontFamily = fonts.join(',');
        }

}

16 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

In past versions of Chromium, I used this folder ~/.config/chromium/Default/User StyleSheets/Custom.css the same as {Profile}\Chrome\userContent.css file in Firefox.  But I have not personally tried that in 360Chrome.

This functionality was removed years ago in Chromium 33 (https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=347016).

16 hours ago, Dave-H said:

That path doesn't seem to exist in 360Chrome.
:no:

The path is written as would appear in Linux and similar systems following XDG Base Directory Specification. So change the beginning to translate to Windows equivalent leading to Default folder, default with this browser relatively from 360chrome.exe would be ..\User Data\Default. Probably won't work even if created manually unless Chinese added it back.

6 hours ago, UCyborg said:

This functionality was removed years ago in Chromium 33

I guess that kinda doesn't surprise me.  Somewhere WAAYYY back then, I stopped using Chromium and migrated to official Pale Moon (then to New Moon, then to Mypal) because I'm an XP-user.  And nothing ticks me off more than a program's GUI that does NOT have XP-style title bar and min/max/restore/close icons.  Seems minor, I know, but it's actually kind of a big deal to me  :P

The "ungoogled" versions definitely do not auto-update.  I'm not sure on the "regular" versions.  I personally hate auto-update so I've never "tried" to automatically update any of my extensions.  I also personally prefer to use older versions of most of my extensions.  Probably should say all because I don't even look for manual updates after I create my profile.

Updated download for v13.0 and v13.5 in first post.

edit - hard-coding out some default search engines (which do not appear unless you use your own "Web Data" [this file contains profile settings, not telemetry, so should not be deleted as a means towards preventing telemetry] file or your file somehow becomes corrupted [or you deleted it thinking it contained telemetry]) is still in-process and did not make it into this update.

Edited by NotHereToPlayGames

12 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

The "ungoogled" versions definitely do not auto-update.  I'm not sure on the "regular" versions.  I personally hate auto-update so I've never "tried" to automatically update any of my extensions.  I also personally prefer to use older versions of most of my extensions.  Probably should say all because I don't even look for manual updates after I create my profile.

Thanks, yes I do remember you saying in the past that you don't like anything automatically updating.
As long as the extension still works, it's not a problem if it's not the latest version of course, unless there's been a security issue discovered in it.
:)

8 minutes ago, Dave-H said:

unless there's been a security issue discovered in it

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_herring  :realmad:

Generally speaking -- new = bloat, old = efficient

But "to each their own".  "Mileage may vary."

Don't get me wrong, that does not mean that I don't look for "security issues" in older extensions.

It's VERY SAD that "computer users" these days think they are going to get hit with a "security issue" unless they bend over backwards and "update" every THIRTY MINUTES.

And these folks get very "cranky" at "minute 29" then 'all is good' when that timer resets and they are at "minute 0".

But anywhoo...

13 hours ago, Dave-H said:

Does your version of 360Chrome automatically update extensions?
I can't see any sign of that, or indeed any way to update them manually!

Another way to manually update which doesn't require you to remove and reinstall from Chrome Store as suggested in another thread is to get them off https://www.crx4chrome.com/, they have links to extensions hosted on Google's servers. Drag and drop .crx onto opened Extensions window and it will be updated.