360 Extreme Explorer ArcticFoxie Versions

"squished...squished..."

I've NEVER seen that font problem in DcBrowser, on my Windows x86 XP SP2. Fonts are PERFECT here.

Maybe this is problem of SP3 on your machine? It seems to me that SP3 has added changes in the fonts...

Have you XP SP2 machine?..

Use too uBlock O. setting: "Block remote fonts".

Edited by msfntor

It is NOT a "remote font".

It is NOT SP2 versus SP3.

It is DirectWrite font rendering, PERIOD.

Research DirectWrite in your free time.

Please post a screencap of your DcBrowser without any web page open but with the settings dialog open.

It is VERY POSSIBLE that you just can't SEE the font issue, not everybody can.

On second thought, DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME with a screencap.

Because it really DOES NOT MATTER.

Most of us started using 360Chrome because Roytam browsers STOPPED WORKING on HUNDREDS of web sites.

Why would I take a step BACKWARD and go to DcBrowser when it suffers this same fate?  I cannot pay my water bill using DcBrowser so DcBrowser is NOT WORTH MY TIME.

They have Humming Owl's version.  I see ZERO benefit to DcBrowser.  It is a step BACKWARD as far as I'm concerned.  It would be different if we had a "hundred" visitors to this thread.  But we don't.  We have less than a dozen and that number is decreasing by the day.

44 minutes ago, msfntor said:

For you - but what about other potential users, who would like to use it?

Hmmm ...Do you notice in DC Browser that videos will just stop and to animation circle will interrupt videos in the center? I don't have that text problem either, but videos play better in 360V11 for me. V12 still hase the lag, but 13 has zero lag in the address bar but its too much for my system to handle. I would say it drives me crazy, but (hate to admit it) I'm already there :)    

Hi

23 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

I am officially REMOVING DcBrowser from my To-Do List.

Aside from GUI DirectWrite issues (will vary from system to system), it also does not work for American Water (a billpay site that also doesn't work on ANY of Roytam releases [you do not need an account to test, the login does not work on older browsers, not even to tell you that your username/password is incorrect]).

I had the same problem of script with the bank and Newmoon 28 and Serpent 52 which refused to function, whereas, that functioned on 360chrome 13.5.1030, but, that functions again on Newmoon whereas I did nothing, that it is solved all alone, and I can pay my invoices in CB with also. Also, the website "radio.garden

2 hours ago, msfntor said:

For you - but what about other potential users, who would like to use it?

As far as DcBrowser is concerned, it works well now, because at the beginning it was putting an error message when it crashed on the videos.

"WARNING:pe_image_reader.cc(181)] CodeView debug entry of unexpected size in C:\WINDOWS\system32\OLEACC.dll"

That also solved itself :huh:, now Dcbrowser plays videos better compared to 360chrome all versions. 360chrome all versions produces crackling sound with video streams, and float video does not work on the "crowdbunker" website it displays a blank, black window instead, but it works with youtube. The float video of Dcbrowser works on all of them without any problem. Newmoon 28 and Serpent 52 does not work with the internal video player of "crowdbunker".  So, I use DcBrowser which is for me the best for playing videos with "Hardware acceleration disabled" on Windows XP sp2, Intel P4-3Ghz, and 2GB of memory.

Edited by IXOYE

3 hours ago, IXOYE said:

Hi

I had the same problem of script with the bank and Newmoon 28 and Serpent 52 which refused to function, whereas, that functioned on 360chrome 13.5.1030, but, that functions again on Newmoon whereas I did nothing, that it is solved all alone, and I can pay my invoices in CB with also. Also, the website "radio.garden

As far as DcBrowser is concerned, it works well now, because at the beginning it was putting an error message when it crashed on the videos.

"WARNING:pe_image_reader.cc(181)] CodeView debug entry of unexpected size in C:\WINDOWS\system32\OLEACC.dll"

That also solved itself :huh:, now Dcbrowser plays videos better compared to 360chrome all versions. 360chrome all versions produces crackling sound with video streams, and float video does not work on the "crowdbunker" website it displays a blank, black window instead, but it works with youtube. The float video of Dcbrowser works on all of them without any problem. Newmoon 28 and Serpent 52 does not work with the internal video player of "crowdbunker".  So, I use DcBrowser which is for me the best for playing videos with "Hardware acceleration disabled" on Windows XP sp2, Intel P4-3Ghz, and 2GB of memory.

To play videos on crowdbunker.com website, in uBlock ALLOW jsdelivr.net and media.network. Videos play here on DcBrowser and all 360Chrome builds 13.5, 13, 12, 11 r and M. 

Does NOT play in Serpent 55 ...no video...

Thank you @IXOYE!:w00t:

@NotHereToPlayGames
Hi ArcticFoxie, I'm trying to use an extension called New Tab Tools with 360Chrome 13.5, as I've always used it with Firefox to give me a new tab page with a "speed dial" of shortcuts on it.
The new tab page at the moment appears to be blank, and I can't see how to restore the usual Chrome one.
Without that I don't think the extension will be any use.
It apparently installed OK, but the settings are greyed out, and although I can apparently add sites to the new tab page, I can't see them.
I guess the extension modifies the usual Chrome new tab page, so how do I get that back?
Thanks, Dave.
:)

5 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

You should be able to just delete/remove the New Tab Tools extension.

If that doesn't work, perhaps Settings -> Basics -> On Startup -> Open a specific page or set of pages -> chrome://newtab/

image.png.02d869019aa0298e15e7e8ce48f590d4.png

That's not really a solution, I don't want to remove New Tab Tools, I actually want to use it!
:D
Are you saying that it won't work with 360Chrome?
:dubbio:

13 hours ago, Dave-H said:

It apparently installed OK, but the settings are greyed out, and although I can apparently add sites to the new tab page, I can't see them.

13 minutes ago, Dave-H said:

Are you saying that it won't work with 360Chrome?

If the settings are greyed out, then the extension does not work in 360Chrome.

Edited by NotHereToPlayGames

Oh that is a shame, I've been using it on Firefox for years!
I've actually just been testing it on Google Chrome 49, to see if it works there, but I'm not having any luck.
I'll investigate alternatives, including the one you use.
Thanks, Dave.
:)