360 Extreme Explorer ArcticFoxie Versions

4 minutes ago, LowLander said:

Something like this ?

[RunAfter]
	FileDelete=.\Chrome\User Data\Default\Local Storage\leveldb\*.log

I actually use TWO loader.ini files - one for "during" installing extensions because "some" extensions require this .log file in order for the settings to apply with the NEXT launch.

I use this for "during" installing extensions --  FileDelete=%Profile%\Default\Local Storage\leveldb\LOCK;LOG;LOG.old

Then I use this AFTER my extensions are installed  --  FileDelete=%Profile%\Default\Local Storage\leveldb\LOCK;LOG;LOG.old;*.log

The only difference being the ;*.log at the very end.

8 minutes ago, IXOYE said:

Hi

In the new version 13.5.1030 v4_ungoogled, I have persistent parasitic connections at Google at the launch of the V4 browser:angry:. Connections do not exist with the old V3 version. So I removed Google's default search engine and replace with "swisscows" but the connections are always existing at the start of the V4. The parasitic connections do not exist with V12.0.1247_REBUILD_10_ungoogled:)
IP Google Parasite on 13.5.1030 V4

Thanks.  Digging into root cause.

13 minutes ago, rereser said:

am just concerned these tweaks will break unknown things in the future. (like the file system)
also not convinced these changes are needed ...
at the moment i am leaning to v13.5-r3.

I'm leaning towards v13.5-r3 also (at least as far as 13.5 goes, v11 remains my default).  Law of Unintended Consequences.  Such as the two IP Addresses found by @IXOYE.

3 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

I have a dark theme I've been playing around with.  But it is specifically tailored to look like XP.  A very dark XP, but still XP.

I really do have an immense hatred for 99.99% of my programs having the default XP "buttons" but "new" Chrome/Chromium/360Chrome/Firefox-Australis not having that XP "look".

But I'm sure the same goes for you, you run Vista and you wanted an aero theme, so that makes perfect sense to me.

I wouldn't mind having a copy of the Vista aero theme if you are allowed to share it.  EVENTUALLY my skin folder will have options for end-users to pick from.

It's available here , I think you would need to create an account for this . I don't want to be blamed for sharing something which was not made by me , sorry. I got it ages ago...

There are at least two very good themes, the one with the field gray background is the best .

https://www.deviantart.com/dynacord

Very possible!

I did some testing on about 40 different web sites and the .log file does NOT log username and password input fields so that alleviated most of my concern (especially since I delete the log file on every exit).

I'm not convinced ! Real time logging is just the new lows . How far will they go ? Why would the need it ? It's not twitter ruled by the Indians . You do understand that it logs even deleted words ? Real-time.

23 minutes ago, IXOYE said:

Hi

In the new version 13.5.1030 v4_ungoogled, I have persistent parasitic connections at Google at the launch of the V4 browser:angry:. Connections do not exist with the old V3 version. So I removed Google's default search engine and replace with "swisscows" but the connections are always existing at the start of the V4. The parasitic connections do not exist with V12.0.1247_REBUILD_10_ungoogled:)
IP Google Parasite on 13.5.1030 V4

v13.5 V3 does this connection also.  But only on FIRST RUN.

Since v13.5 V4 prevents various files from being written, it performs the connection with EVERY LAUNCH because it doesn't have the logged record that it already made the connection once.

Still digging...

Leads me to believe that v13.5 branch requires some additional telemetry removals that were not discovered until just now.  I'd kinda recommend v13.0 branch until further notice (unless of course the possible telemetry doesn't concern you until resolved).

14 minutes ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Such as the two IP Addresses found by @IXOYE.

connections not made in v13.5-r4 with my profile from v13.5-r3.

this is just the second issue found with the changed default chrome / default folder and file structure.

20 minutes ago, D.Draker said:

Real time logging is just the new lows . How far will they go ? Why would the need it ?

It's a matter of perspective.  MOST users that I encounter see this as "value ADD" because they typed something and they don't have to type it AGAIN if they accidentally close the tab or their browser crashes and they lose the tab.

edit - but I agree, I kinda find it disturbing and I myself would rather retype content that was accidentally lost.

Edited by NotHereToPlayGames

2 minutes ago, rereser said:

this is just the second issue found with the changed default chrome / default folder and file structure.

I'm going to revert back to the previous editions for now.

Advanced users can alway opt to have their own local versions perform the data-write-preventions.

I think we have a Law of Unintended Consequences going on and too many UNKNOWNS.

I did suspect this, but wanted to see what others encountered also.

To me, I see too much of the possibility of "memory leak" - since we can't write to the hard drive, the data resides in RAM instead.

In-process of reverting changes.

It is something that the advanced users can decide for themselves if they wish to have their own local copies prevent data-writes.

I definitely apologize for any inconvenience.

Why ? I do not experience any unusual behaviour or crashes , nothing out of the ordinary and MEGA works fine for me , just checked . Perhaps the other user has too low RAM ? Anyways , I do not notice increased RAM usage , all is fine . Many thanks !

- but I agree, I kinda find it disturbing and I myself would rather retype content that was accidentally lost.

Orwellian type surveilance . BTW , MSFN did another update recently ! Again ! See the pic .

recent.png

17 minutes ago, D.Draker said:

Why ? I do not experience any unusual behaviour or crashes , nothing out of the ordinary and MEGA works fine for me , just checked . Perhaps the other user has too low RAM ? Anyways , I do not notice increased RAM usage , all is fine . Many thanks !

I don't have a MEGA d/l to test.

I do know that v13.5-r4 makes a gstatic connection with EVERY LAUNCH.  A thousand launches = a thousand gstatic connections.

Whereas v13.5-r3 makes that same gstatic connection only ONCE, with the very first launch when all of the files and folders are created during first run.