360 Extreme Explorer ArcticFoxie Versions

hello NotHereToPlayGames,

saw the new 13.5 r4 rebuild.
it has more folders in the default folder compared to v13.5 r3.
also has some files replacing some folders.
besides from that are there any significant changes?

also , the file system tweak (folder to file) breaks mega.nz downloads.

What do other users have as far as file contents in this folder - <root folder> \ Chrome \ User Data \ Default \ Local Storage \ leveldb ?

You may have something in your Operating System's "temp" folder also.

For me, the .log file ID number will change periodically but that may be because I delete this file with every exit of 360Chrome.

This .log file logs the REPLY text box here at MSFN.

image.png.f30857215caf3cd002736f3f0beb9cd0.png

image.png.9c1d99529cac8520301c60b112a43339.png

Edited by NotHereToPlayGames

6 minutes ago, rereser said:

hello NotHereToPlayGames,

saw the new 13.5 r4 rebuild.
it has more folders in the default folder compared to v13.5 r3.
also has some files replacing some folders.
besides from that are there any significant changes?

also , the file system tweak (folder to file) breaks mega.nz downloads.

The files replacing folders is to prevent telemetry "writes".

We have prevented them from being sent to any Chinese IP Address but now we go one step futher and prevent them from being written even "temporarily".

There was a minor XP Theme skin change for bookmark "padding", but other than that there was no major changes.

Will revert the "File System" tweak, many thanks!  Please let me know if you encounter anything else.

folders present in v13.5-r4 but not in v13.5-r3

360Bookmarks , 360History , 360History-journal , heavy_ad_intervention_opt_out.db-journal , Media History , Media History-journal , Network Action Predictor , Network Persistent State , page_load_capping_opt_out.db , previews_opt_out.db , previews_opt_out.db-journal , Reporting and NEL , Reporting and NEL-journal , Secure Preferences , Sync360_V8.sqlite3 , Top Sites , Top Sites-journal , Translate Ranker Model , TransportSecurity , Visited Links.

may have missed some.
just a quick compare between clean extracted first run versions.

3 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

What do other users have as far as file contents in this folder - <root folder> \ Chrome \ User Data \ Default \ Local Storage \ leveldb ?

You may have something in your Operating System's "temp" folder also.

For me, the .log file ID number will change periodically but that may be because I delete this file with every exit of 360Chrome.

This .log file logs the REPLY text box here at MSFN.

image.png.f30857215caf3cd002736f3f0beb9cd0.png

image.png.9c1d99529cac8520301c60b112a43339.png

Jeez !! Just checked , it does the same for me !!! Keylogger in the browser !! Does it have something to do with MSFN ? Remember we both found NSFN tracking scripts ? BTW , I started to notice slowness when I type in the reply box . (keylogging, definitely !) Perhaps we need to ask the moderators , no ?

MSFN key logging.png

3 hours ago, rereser said:

360Bookmarks , 360History , 360History-journal , heavy_ad_intervention_opt_out.db-journal , Media History , Media History-journal , Network Action Predictor , Network Persistent State , page_load_capping_opt_out.db , previews_opt_out.db , previews_opt_out.db-journal , Reporting and NEL , Reporting and NEL-journal , Secure Preferences , Sync360_V8.sqlite3 , Top Sites , Top Sites-journal , Translate Ranker Model , TransportSecurity , Visited Links.

may have missed some.

That's right , he added them in advance , to prevent from appearing in the future . They may or may not be created (depends on your browsing habbits and behaviour).

25 minutes ago, rereser said:

may have missed some.

v13.5-r4 should have added 23 empty folders and 21 zero-byte files.

Windows will not allow a file and a folder to be the same exact name in the same exact folder so by having an empy folder with a certain name prevents 360Chrome from creating a file with the same name and vice versa for creating a folder when the same-named file is already present.  Windows does allow copy-paste a folder and overwrite a file, but will throw an error if you try to copy-paste a file and overwrite a folder.

thanks for the explanations.
as for the leveldb log file ...
i think it has something to do with msfn storing reply text.
"Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor"
will do some more testing if this new rebuild v13.5-r4 is something for me.
am very much content with v13.5-r3 without folder and file tweaks.

23 minutes ago, D.Draker said:

This is very disturbing ...

Don't mind my dark theme in the notepad . Got a good Vista aero theme from a kind MSFN member .

I have a dark theme I've been playing around with.  But it is specifically tailored to look like XP.  A very dark XP, but still XP.

I really do have an immense hatred for 99.99% of my programs having the default XP "buttons" but "new" Chrome/Chromium/360Chrome/Firefox-Australis not having that XP "look".

But I'm sure the same goes for you, you run Vista and you wanted an aero theme, so that makes perfect sense to me.

I wouldn't mind having a copy of the Vista aero theme if you are allowed to share it.  EVENTUALLY my skin folder will have options for end-users to pick from.

3 minutes ago, rereser said:

i think it has something to do with msfn storing reply text.

Very possible!

I did some testing on about 40 different web sites and the .log file does NOT log username and password input fields so that alleviated most of my concern (especially since I delete the log file on every exit).

am just concerned these tweaks will break unknown things in the future. (like the file system)
also not convinced these changes are needed ...
at the moment i am leaning to v13.5-r3.
as for keylogging in the leveldb log file , it is not , just local storage to some function in the msfn reply editor.
type some text in a reply , close the page , open the page again and reply.
your previous text will be there , can be useful.
google also stores some data there.

Edited by rereser

Hi

In the new version 13.5.1030 v4_ungoogled, I have persistent parasitic connections at Google at the launch of the V4 browser:angry:. Connections do not exist with the old V3 version. So I removed Google's default search engine and replace with "swisscows" but the connections are always existing at the start of the V4. The parasitic connections do not exist with V12.0.1247_REBUILD_10_ungoogled:)
IP Google Parasite on 13.5.1030 V4

Edited by IXOYE