360 Extreme Explorer ArcticFoxie Versions

10 hours ago, D.Draker said:

I'm wondering , why no mentions of MSFN using these tracking techniques ? You wrote you saw it too, maybe create a topic 

Does not concern me.

We are not forced to use MSFN.  If we don't like MSFN, we have options elsewhere.

I like MSFN and see nothing nefarious going on.

I have no desire to live in a shack in the hills with no running water and no electrcity because of excessive paranoias.

We all draw our own line in the sand and it isn't for any of us to tell other people where to draw their line.

My two cents...  Mileage may vary...  To each their own...  No animals were harmed in the writing of this post...

35 minutes ago, msfntor said:

icons on the desktop to each of your builds make a crowd on my desktop...

I can't manage your files for you.

As far as keeping bookmarks and extensions  --  extract new updates to a TEMPORARY location, copy all files EXCEPT "Preference" and "Web Data" to your existing browser location that contains the profile you wish to keep.  It should be that easy.  Then delete the temporary files that you extracted.

I can't manage your files for you.

1 minute ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

As far as keeping bookmarks and extensions  --  extract new updates to a TEMPORARY location, copy all files EXCEPT "Preference" and "Web Data" to your existing browser location that contains the profile you wish to keep.  It should be that easy.  Then delete the temporary files that you extracted.

I NEVER make similar changes with @Roytam1 or @Humming Owl builds.

It's because my releases are "portable".

If they don't work for you, no skin off my back if you don't use them.

I can only do so much.

I can provide without the "Preferences" and "Web Data" files but then somebody else would complain.

If they don't work for you, no skin off my back if you don't use them.

I'll add a note (when I do the next update, not worth the time to add it now) in Post #1 regarding "Preferences" and "Web Data" file when updating.

But since there is only ONE complaint regarding them, I see no need to change from how they are packaged.

I can't please "everybody" and I kinda don't really see the point in trying to.

I'll aim to please the "majority" and that should be sufficient.

Edited by NotHereToPlayGames

33 minutes ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

It's because my releases are "portable".

But... you know, that all the other builds, from @Roytam1 and @Humming Owl, are also portables like yours, BUT don't lose the bookmarks and extensions...

22 minutes ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

"everybody"

But.. who is "everybody", who wants to lose their bookmarks and extensions, please? I don't really see...

1 hour ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

This is my browser and I've opted to publicly share it.

There are HUNDREDS, if not THOUSANDS of web browsers out there.

Keep hunting, you MIGHT find one that fits "all" of your needs.

OK., this is your browser and you could do it the way you like, sure.:worship:

For the record ... I'm a clear everything when done (jeans and t-shirt) sort of guy. In fact when I close Serpent and New Moon, I don't save a single thing with Ccleaner. I clear everything on 360, but I'm now discovering from reading here, that even though we clean them at shutdown, the fact that they are there in the first place is an issue; which in turn, is why I've learned to keep browsing sessions short ... VERY short.

Anxiously waiting your new builds :)

PS: even though videos are choppy, overall, 13.5 looks and performs the best and I'll live with that when watching videos and just make sure the browser gets all or most of my 3GM or RAM. My other Dell only has 1GB of RAM (Yes you read that right, only can run New Moon 27 or Arctic Fox on that useless Pentium 4 computer) Sorry to say, 11 and 12 can't keep up with my typing in the address bar. 11 is starting to look bad on MSFN in my humble opinion but YT plays better, so its a trade off, I guess.

Edited by XPerceniol

14 minutes ago, XPerceniol said:

even though videos are choppy, overall, 13.5 looks and performs the best and I'll live with that when watching videos and just make sure the browser gets all or most of my 3GM or RAM.

And so do I (with 13.5 and 3 G of RAM).

And use too WiseDiskCleaner v7.

Edited by msfntor

Hello .. yes I do like Wise Memory Optimizer :)

https://www.softpedia.com/get/PORTABLE-SOFTWARE/System/System-Enhancements/Portable-Wise-Memory-Optimizer.shtml

EDIT: Scratch that - no longer supported for XP so I use Vv3.6. I'll try to find a good link. But as you stated, the memory optimizer included with WiseDiskCleaner does the job.

Wise Care Tray 365 [6.0.3.324]

Ran just now..

spacer.png

Edited by XPerceniol

1 hour ago, XPerceniol said:

Anxiously waiting your new builds :)

I was originally going to delay all new builds until I had a "dark theme" ready.

But to be honest, "dark theme" has never really held my interest as far as staying focused on it for the length of time truly required to critique my own work and deem it "ready".

I'll upload new versions that prevent "data collection" in the next day or two.

2 hours ago, XPerceniol said:

the memory optimizer included with WiseDiskCleaner does the job.

I've the old version of WiseDiskCleaner ( 7) without memory optimizer... but in Process Hacker, you can right click each big process, then chose Miscellaneous/Reduce Working Set. It makes decrease each time the Physical Memory, you can click this many times... 

And in 360Chrome builds too!

16 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

because of excessive paranoias

“No matter how paranoid you are...

...what they’re actually doing...

worse than you can possibly imagine.”

- Ralph J. Gleason