360 Extreme Explorer ArcticFoxie Versions

This seems to work with no side effects.

I'll update the next set of releases with a file by the name of "Service Worker", this prevents the operating system from creating a folder by the name of "Service Worker".

Will do some further testing, but we should also be able to do this for the "blob_storage" folder and the "DailyBackup" folder.

1 hour ago, D.Draker said:

I don't have crashes at MSFN with any of 360 13 versions

That is very likely because you are on Vista and not XP.

I wasn't getting "constant" crashes in v13.0 in XP but enough to not want to run the risk of losing anything.

I've never had any crashes in v13.5.  But it also uses too much RAM for me to be able to use it on my low-end secondary computers.

We can do the reverse for "Top Sites"  --  create an empty folder so that the operating system cannot create a file named "Top Sites".

Additional files to look into  --  "Network Action Predictor" and "Visited Links".

Still digging...  We should be able to drastically reduce the files/folders that are created.

@D.Draker  --  Thanks for the nudge  :worship:

Summary  --

In the User Data \ Default folder -
     1)  create these empty folders
          a)  Network Action Predictor
          b)  Top Sites
          c)  Visited Links
     2)  create these files with no extension
          a)  blob_storage
          b)  DailyBackup
          c)  Download Service
          d)  Service Worker

Please let me know if you see more files/folders that we can prevent.

Updated  --

b)  Network Persistent State
          c)  Reporting and NEL
          d)  Top Sites
          e)  TransportSecurity
          f)  Visited Links
          a)  blob_storage
          b)  BudgetDatabase
          c)  DailyBackup
          d)  DailyRollingBackup
          e)  Download Service
          f)  Feature Engagement Tracker
          g)  Platform Notifications
          h)  Service Worker
          i)  Site Characteristics Database
          j)  Sync Data
          k)  Thumbnails
          l)  VideoDecodeStats

I plan to have an updated v11 uploaded within the next day or two.  Then update v12, v13.0, and v13.5.1030 after feedback on the above to make sure they don't break anything (they don't break anything on my setup).
I am also able to place an extensionless "databases" file but only AFTER all of my extensions are installed so it seems safest to allow this folder.

On 11/30/2021 at 10:29 PM, NotHereToPlayGames said:

A - 

@D.Draker  --  Thanks for the nudge  :worship:

B - 

b)  Network Persistent State

c)  Reporting and NEL

d)  Top Sites

e)  TransportSecurity

f)  Visited Links

a)  blob_storage

b)  BudgetDatabase

c)  DailyBackup

d)  DailyRollingBackup

e)  Download Service

f)  Feature Engagement Tracker

g)  Platform Notifications

h)  Service Worker

i)  Site Characteristics Database

j)  Sync Data

k)  Thumbnails

l)  VideoDecodeStats

You're welcome ! 

Good , but you forgot :

AutofillStrikeDatabase (super important !)

Crash Reports  (almost always empty, but I think important)

Sessions  (super important)

StatsSessions  (super important)

shared_proto_db  (super important !)

WidevineCdm

11 minutes ago, D.Draker said:

AutofillStrikeDatabase (super important !)

Crash Reports  (almost always empty, but I think important)

Sessions  (super important)

StatsSessions  (super important)

shared_proto_db  (super important !)

WidevineCdm

Several of those do not exist and are never created in my setup.

So I need to know which ones are created as FOLDERS and which ones are created as FILES in order for me to be able to prevent them.

Thanks in advance.

edit  --  and does that WidevineCdm file/folder exist in the same directory as the above or does it exist in the plugin directory?

Edited by NotHereToPlayGames

3 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

edit  --  and does that WidevineCdm file/folder exist in the same directory as the above or does it exist in the plugin directory?

AutofillStrikeDatabase is a folder in the Default folder, usually appears when you used a previously saved password , but absolutely not needed.

Crash Reports is a folder in the Default folder. (self-explanatory!)

Sessions is a folder in the Default folder. (stats , logs , tracking info)

StatsSessions is a folder in the Default folder.  (stats , logs , tracking info)

shared_proto_db is a folder in the Default folder. (usually archives photos that I saved earlier to my HDD from DuckGo , for example). Like super tracking !

WidevineCdm is a folder in the Default folder. For me it is empty , but still there sometimes.

4 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Thanks!

None of those exist in v11 so these may be v13.0 and v13.5 only, I'll include them in all loader .ini's as a better-safe-then-sorry route.

Well , maybe because you don't use twitter and other bloatware ! I have these in 13 and 13.5.

What about these ? Replace 'em with blanks , also ?

files :

Top Sites-journal

Reporting and NEL-journal

Media History

Media History-journal

heavy_ad_intervention_opt_out.db-journal

heavy_ad_intervention_opt_out.db

QuotaManager-journal

QuotaManager

previews_opt_out.db-journal

previews_opt_out.db

folders :

File System

Session Storage

data_reduction_proxy_leveldb

Code Cache

GPUCache

Cache

Perhaps you need to visit some modern woke culture website, you'll see terabytes of trash in this folder then !

Maybe it's trash for us , but for them ...

Every step of yours is logged and tracked so it would be easier to build a case against you by the thought police , for example. 

I'm wondering , why no mentions of MSFN using these tracking techniques ? You wrote you saw it too, maybe create a topic 

and see what they have to answer ? Why do they need additional [non-deletable] tracking ?  I'm curious .

Forgot to say , all in the Default folder.

Edited by D.Draker
just forgot

I've already annoyed you with this request about upgrades... would be VERY preferable to put the new versions of builds on top of the old version, so sniff precedent profile folder, to keep the bookmarks and extensions (like is done in Modified versions by @Humming Owl).
It's very annoying with each new version to renew the collection of bookmarks and extensions... each time... it discourages people from loading new versions and may end up with a complete abandonment of the browser...

Thank you in advance!

@msfntor - No, the updates will always be named according to their build and revision.  Roytam does it this way for NM27 NM28 Basilisk BNav Kmeleon etc, official 360EE does it this way, official 360SE does it this way, official DcBrowser does it this way, official Pale Moon does it this way, SeaMonkey does it this way, Firefox does it this way, et cetera.

All of these can be updated without losing your profile.

Simply download the new update to a different location, extract the files, and only copy changed files over to your existing location.

Users do not abandon browsers based on update and profile preservation - they learn how to update and preserve their profile, they learn how to migrate their profile.  Otherwise Roytam's builds would have died in 2017.

@D.Draker - I'm not sure if we should prevent ALL files that the browser creates.  I'll experiment with the list and if there are no ill side effects, I certainly have no issue with preventing all of them.  I will have to make sure that the folks (not me!) that prefer to close their browser with several tabs open and even with web sites still logged in, that "those types" can still launch and "continue where they left off" (again, not me!, I clear EVERYTHING with EVERY exit).

Edited by NotHereToPlayGames

1 hour ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

@msfntor - No, the updates will always be named according to their build and revision.  Roytam does it this way for NM27 NM28 Basilisk BNav Kmeleon etc, official 360EE does it this way, official 360SE does it this way, official DcBrowser does it this way, official Pale Moon does it this way, SeaMonkey does it this way, Firefox does it this way, et cetera.

All of these can be updated without losing your profile.

Simply download the new update to a different location, extract the files, and only copy changed files over to your existing location.

Hmm, I've NEVER lost bookmarks and add-ons with the new Roytam's versions, for example with new New Moon, IceApe, Basilisk/Moebius 55... never. With the new version also comes automatically my bookmarks and extensions, and this is what I would like to see with all browsers...

@Humming Owl does this with his 360Chrome and DcBrowser builds, with each new version I also have all my bookmarks and extensions. All browsers are in the same direction of "My Documents", I unzip them with free WinRAR Unplugged v 3.9.1.1 and all is well.

It's only your 360 Builds, which make me this problem... icons on the desktop to each of your builds make a crowd on my desktop...

All of your browser versions can be updated by you without losing my profile, if you would like, if you would do this, not to lose my bookmarks and extensions, please...